Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 112149 times)

2019-02-21, 01:12:06
Reply #180

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys we need an option in Corona where in distributed rendering the machine we are using does not render only the render nodes. I have a 32 core threadripper and I am getting murdered here i come home from work to work and I have to render while photoshopping, being my software is licensed I cannot have two machines with all licensed software on, 128GB ram and 32 physical cores all busy rendering, in addition to my nodes. can we do this? can I do some photoshop while rendering 5X6K views?

2019-02-21, 06:31:00
Reply #181

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys we need an option in Corona where in distributed rendering the machine we are using does not render only the render nodes. I have a 32 core threadripper and I am getting murdered here i come home from work to work and I have to render while photoshopping, being my software is licensed I cannot have two machines with all licensed software on, 128GB ram and 32 physical cores all busy rendering, in addition to my nodes. can we do this? can I do some photoshop while rendering 5X6K views?

couldnt agree more.

2019-02-21, 08:55:09
Reply #182

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
See

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=22818.0

1. Submit your jobs to backburner and include every node you want to participate as dr nodes in Corona setup. If you don't want your workstation to render at all, do not include it.

2. If you include your workstation, you can always steal processors by changing the affinity in the taskmanager (2 to 4 will be enough to work properly with a job rendering in the background).

3. If rendering on the ws as master, see system -> system settings # of threads and set it to -2

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-02-21, 10:40:08
Reply #183

Evan_Popilnukha

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Here i am
Hey guys,
I'm a little bit confused with all these Denoisers. In last build(20Febr.) we got Nvidia,Intel and Corona High Quality. So which one is better? I just checked comparing with Intel CPU denoiser and NVIDIA GPU denoiser, seems like intel won that round. But what about corona high quality?
Cheers

2019-02-21, 10:54:00
Reply #184

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It's pretty simple. If you need best quality, use Corona (high quality) denoiser. Cons - higher RAM consumption and longer computational time. If you want faster result and/or interactivity, use Optix. Cons - worse quality, requires Nvidia card, might be limited by the VRAM of your GPU. If you like experimenting with new toys, you can choose Intel denoising.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-02-21, 14:23:03
Reply #185

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You can go to Render Setup > System > System settings and change the # of threads for rendering on the master PC. Just don't mistake it with the # of threads for interactive rendering! Those are actually two separate controls.
This setting only controls the number of threads of the master machine. The render nodes will be unaffected and will be rendering at full speed.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-02-22, 13:20:02
Reply #186

Zray

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3darcspace studio
It's pretty simple. If you need best quality, use Corona (high quality) denoiser. Cons - higher RAM consumption and longer computational time. If you want faster result and/or interactivity, use Optix. Cons - worse quality, requires Nvidia card, might be limited by the VRAM of your GPU. If you like experimenting with new toys, you can choose Intel denoising.
when using interactive rendering, does corona use Opix or Intel denoising for fast preview?

2019-02-22, 13:28:41
Reply #187

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Optix is the only one available for IR denoising (it's the only one fast enough).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-02-22, 17:07:44
Reply #188

Zray

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3darcspace studio
Optix is the only one available for IR denoising (it's the only one fast enough).
thank you.

2019-02-26, 09:33:12
Reply #189

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi guys - on the latest corona daily after a render is done and starts the 'cleaning up' process, it doesnt complete it and MAX freezes.
anyone else having this issue?

Since yesterday we are having the same issue very, very often! :-(

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Same for me rondomly at end of rendering MAX freeze and only option is to close the process.

Config

dual Xeon 2687v3 64gb ram.

Thanks.

I have the same issue on both my Xeon workstations. I have sent multiple files to Corona team. I have a feeling something isnt playing nice with the xeon architecture. Its got to the point that even if I mouse click on the VFB it freezes for a minute or 2 and sometimes for a very long time. Highly frustrating

Xeon build here also. This might be old and in any case isn't a long term solution but sometimes when Max freezes while cleaning up I've found it helps to go to Task Mangager and set the affinity to just one core, hit ok. Sometimes - and only sometimes - this gets things going again within the next 5 seconds. Not sure why this works or if it's widely tried but wanted to chime in since it has saved me a bunch of rendertime a couple of times.

Thanks for the tip. I have tried multiple ways to unfreeze it and that was one of them. Sometimes if I start task manager it works, sometimes if I change priority in task manager it works and sometimes if I change core affinity it works but normally it just stays frozen until it decides not to. Even opening and closing photoshop has made it unfreeze. So frankly I am at a loss as to what is going on.

Hi,

If you are all still experiancing this problem, would it be possible for you to send me your exact setups? i.e. Full system specification, and if possible Max scenes too.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-02-27, 03:33:56
Reply #190

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've noticed in the latest dailies that I'm occasionally getting a black VFB once Optix kicks in.  I'll be tooling around, modeling and whatnot and all over a sudden once Optix has a chance to calculate the VFB window goes black.  I have to restart Max to make it go away.  It's not particularly memory intensive scenes either.  I can share one of the scenes if it's useful...maybe someone else has been having this issue?

EDIT:  I just realized it only happens if Bloom and Glare is on...and the VFB goes black when B&G completes calculating.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-27, 04:27:55 by danio1011 »

2019-02-27, 09:51:27
Reply #191

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I've noticed in the latest dailies that I'm occasionally getting a black VFB once Optix kicks in.  I'll be tooling around, modeling and whatnot and all over a sudden once Optix has a chance to calculate the VFB window goes black.  I have to restart Max to make it go away.  It's not particularly memory intensive scenes either.  I can share one of the scenes if it's useful...maybe someone else has been having this issue?

EDIT:  I just realized it only happens if Bloom and Glare is on...and the VFB goes black when B&G completes calculating.

Hi,

Are you able to send me through your scene?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-02-27, 16:57:38
Reply #192

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are we able to add self illuminating materials to lightmix yet?

2019-02-27, 17:04:56
Reply #193

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
not yet
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2019-02-27, 17:06:37
Reply #194

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
not yet

Ok, Would the best option currently to turn self illumination materials into layered materials with a light material?