General Category > Work in Progress/Tests

Njen's 'Cyan Eyed' work in progress thread (animated short film)

(1/10) > >>

Njen:
Hey all, I thought I'd start a work in progress thread of the animated short film I am making. I'll write more soon, but for now, let's just straight into some images. These are all individual frames taken from a selection of shots recently rendered as 'raw lighting' renders, as in, they have not been comped yet, or have any sort of colour correction or LUT applied. The background is a 16k digital HDRI I made in Terragen and will also under go improvements for the final look.

Thanks!

Fluss:
Glad to see a wip thread of your short! This looks really promising, can't wait to see more. I visit the website from time to time but there was not a lot of news. Happy to see that it's still on the rails !

Njen:
Thanks, I can't wait to show and write more about it! Ironically, the lack of updates on the website is because I am spending every available minute working on the film itself, instead of doing things like this, showing the progress of it.

Btw, for the main robot character (named Grunt), every chain link and hydraulic is properly rigged and works as expected. Even those rubber pipes connecting the upper arm to the lower arm are cloth sims to get them moving and swaying in the wind while not having them collide with the geo.

romullus:
Interesting material indeed. Will follow this topic with pleasure.

I see some fireflies here and there. Interesting to know, how you're going to deal with that. Will you remove them in post or will you leave them to dance?

Njen:
Yeah there are some fireflies when viewing individual frames. They will attempted to be removed in post (I have access to some very talented compositors), though, when seen in motion, it's not too noticeable even as it currently is. The trade off in this is that I have to render roughly 11000 frames all at an acceptable level of quality while still being able to finish the darn thing ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version