Author Topic: Sheik Zayed Mosque  (Read 13207 times)

2013-09-24, 22:26:13

Ephaistophedes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is a little part of the sheik zayed mosque I visited few month ago. This is my first architectural rendering with corona.

2013-09-24, 22:42:15
Reply #1

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Ephaistophedes

Very nice,
and the rendering Time passes?

You can specify the method you used?

Thanks
Raf

2013-09-24, 23:21:45
Reply #2

Ephaistophedes

• Active Users
    • View Profile

PT + HD cache
Dof
Corona Sun + Corona Sky
100 passes
Full HD
Around 52 min

2013-09-25, 11:11:35
Reply #3

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Good, but need more pass for decrease the noise.
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-09-25, 11:34:36
Reply #4

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Nice, but it has some problem, it seems to be a little model of the build, maybe try to change the perspective, and work on more light contrast all around.

Sorry, this morning I've got a very bad and boring critical sense...!!! :| Hope you find this comments useful and not unfriendly!
All the best!
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2013-09-25, 12:07:21
Reply #5

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
OH, my. This is amazing!
Just today in the morning i seen this photo in popular on 500px (http://500px.com/photo/47361098?from=popular) and after that i see your render. Very cool!

2013-09-25, 12:19:14
Reply #6

Ephaistophedes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Polymax, I totally agree with you but for me 1 hour of rendering si long already...

Alessandro, no problem for the critics, thank you for that. I think I may look like a model because of the DOF which is a little exagerated : F-Stop at 2 :0
This is based on a picture I took there and I tried to reach the same light feeling. What do you mean/recommend by light contrast?

xt13r, thanks! This is a wonderful place, isn't it? :D

Thanks all :)

2013-09-25, 12:32:33
Reply #7

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
The linked photo seems to be an hdri photo, I don't like this kind of photo, I find it absolutely unnatural. But, the camera is much more near to the floor than in the render, try this perpective to improve the view quality!

Edit: I'm reading right now your answer. Well, it shoud be pretty to see your reference photo to have a match ;) About light contrast, I mean it seem to have too much light everywhere, like the hdri photo linked by xt13r, my opinion is that there must be more shadowed areas, and darkness shadow, it is not possible (of course not natural) to have the same light everywhere. An example, so far from this scene, if I take a picture inside a room with a window with a splendid sun outside, or you take the exposure inside the room (and you will have about white on the window) or you take the exposure into the window (and you will have a very dark room). All the rest is unnatural, artificial and should be good for a forniture catalog, but I find it not good for an exterior picture. As I've said, it's just my humble opinion, of course! ;)

2013-09-25, 14:36:47
Reply #8

Jetboy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Linked photo seems to be render, bad one.

2013-09-25, 14:47:39
Reply #9

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Linked photo seems to be render, bad one.

+1, render or hdri picture...

2013-09-25, 22:49:06
Reply #10

Ephaistophedes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is the reference picture. Everything is white and reflective. That's why you said that there's not enough contrast in the scene I think. But it is hard to do something else that looks like the photo.

2013-09-25, 22:55:00
Reply #11

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
^_^

But this is the "real" image of the original mosque?

2013-09-26, 00:18:20
Reply #12

Ephaistophedes

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2013-09-26, 00:50:36
Reply #13

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello  Ephaistophedes

The tone of Ambient Light, and then it's perfect!

The photo has a warm tone color "gold / brown", the 3D has a blue tint.

2013-09-26, 17:53:00
Reply #14

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Sorry, today is a strange day for me, so to have a break I decided to work a little on your image, without any other mean than have some relax for me.
I've done a little post, this is the result, I agree about color temperature. Matching your image and the picture you can also see a big difference in columns size, yours are larger, so seems to be taller than in the picture, and this make all the place smaller than it is. I think that a little mask with AO could help this image to became better again, and have a look at gold colour of the palms, in the picture it a lot more soft than your. The floor bump is exagerate, too large, this also make the place to seem smaller.
Again, I really don't want to teach anything to anyone, this is only for me, to learn,  I just like to share with you! Fell free to tell me to do something else in my relax time ;)

Best regards,
Alessandro