Author Topic: Corona 1.6 Release Candidate 6 is out now!  (Read 4779 times)

2017-04-14, 22:10:43

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We are getting really close to release, if there are no more new bugs discovered, the only planned change before release is an update to the tooltips.

Everyone with an active FairSaaS or Box with Subscription license has access, and the download is in the usual location: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mswauuv1afec8am/AAA5OKrd_QujokDM3mxQ7S40a

The changes in this release:

- Disabled noise limit for rendering only masks (since it does not make sense in this situation)
- Fixed tab order in dialogs
- Fixed regions on/off state reset in interactive rendering
- Fixed error message informing that settings could not be loaded when running Max with Corona for the first time
- Fixed DR slaves reporting incorrect status while working correctly

Corona Image Editor
- Some error messages rewritten to make them more comprehensible
- The application EXE made fully standalone with no dependencies on any DLLs
- Added curve color mapping controls

Thanks!
   Tom
« Last Edit: 2018-03-12, 15:21:39 by maru »
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-04-16, 00:29:28
Reply #1

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was rendering 200 passes at 6000 pixels wide during the night, one of the render nodes didn't render anything for a reason and in the morning the rnederign was stuck it had done 200 passes and waiting had 1:21 remaining in the timing for hours, I closed the DR server on the node that didn't render then the Corona went into denoising. Would be cool if Corona was better at sensing failed DR servers and not get suck at the end waiting for a response that will never come. But also aware that server status isn't reported properly at the moment so we don't want to make a mess of things before the reporting is more accurate Corona shouldn't decide on things by itself.

2017-04-16, 07:18:38
Reply #2

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
so I am re-rendering a 3dsmax region, I ticked off clear frame buffer and launched, the lighmix layer is not being updated while all other layers have the new modifications being rendered.

2017-04-16, 08:55:19
Reply #3

shiftman2012

• Active Users
    • View Profile
long scene loading while opening in 3ds max. why is that? in vray scene loads faster. if i look into windows task manager, 3ds max memory grows very slow.

2017-04-16, 09:08:12
Reply #4

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
long scene loading while opening in 3ds max. why is that? in vray scene loads faster. if i look into windows task manager, 3ds max memory grows very slow.

check of your maps have correct paths, if max needs to look for images especially on the network it loads slower.

2017-04-16, 09:23:09
Reply #5

shiftman2012

• Active Users
    • View Profile
all my maps are in project sceneassets images folders. so its not the case. there should be another reason.

2017-04-16, 09:47:05
Reply #6

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
all my maps are in project sceneassets images folders. so its not the case. there should be another reason.
even if you collect the maps in one folder that max is pointing at it will still look for the map, the material has to point at the map.
Loading the file whether corona or vray or scanline should be all the same except when max looks for Xrefs, proxies and maps.etc...

Good luck solving it!

2017-04-16, 14:36:38
Reply #7

shiftman2012

• Active Users
    • View Profile
so why corona scene takes 3 times longer to load than same vray scene?

2017-04-16, 21:46:32
Reply #8

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
cancelling a 6000 pixels render huge scene, then restarting it or a region does not use the render nodes, you have to force close DR server on each and restart it for them to get back to rendering.
I was also able to reproduce that a 3dsmax region render does not update the lightmix element.

2017-04-17, 06:05:03
Reply #9

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
even after a successful render that took hours rendering another view or another file does not kick the render nodes into rendering and they remain giving message "waiting for render to start", force closing the DR servers and restarting them launches the rendering procedures.

2017-04-17, 16:29:45
Reply #10

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
after rendering the last 2 to 3 days I think the main issues we have are inaccurate reporting and not being able to connect to all nodes. the latter issue might be affected by the use of internet to download something while rendering as when I am not using the internet I had less dropped connecitons to nodes when render is starting.

2017-04-17, 22:56:48
Reply #11

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had some max crashes during parsing, maybe every third render for a scene that is 1GB in size with 6000 pixels rendering, these crashes forces max to close and gives me the option to save my work. I thought to report them since 1.52 didn't have this issue for me.

2017-04-17, 23:06:33
Reply #12

ikercito

• Active Users
    • View Profile
DR is very buggy. I'm finding incorrect status reports and failure to start on nodes arbitrarily with RC6. Its a scene that used to DR fine with 1.5, no special stuff, just geometry and textures, and some displacement. No internet use on any machine while launching renders, maps have correct paths... :(

2017-04-18, 06:52:51
Reply #13

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
DR is very buggy. I'm finding incorrect status reports and failure to start on nodes arbitrarily with RC6. Its a scene that used to DR fine with 1.5, no special stuff, just geometry and textures, and some displacement. No internet use on any machine while launching renders, maps have correct paths... :(

I was coming to say I was having "failure to start on nodes arbitrarily with RC6"
I am using it for production if you keep an eye on it you close and restart these servers one or two times and it will eventually render on them, it is an inconvenience but at least no black frames :)

2017-04-18, 09:44:13
Reply #14

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IR windows still opens huge on RC6. Please fix this...

Edit: And just now it crashed while changing the intensity of a light while IR was open, that never happened in 1.5 hf2. It froze the whole computer for 20 seconds, then crashed.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-18, 09:48:06 by Monkeybrother »