Author Topic: 1.6 DR  (Read 33251 times)

2017-04-13, 12:39:35
Reply #150

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
shouldn't the current solution eventually provide superior result further in rendering ?

Superior to what? Or do you refer to the last sentence? If so, maybe I should also use sarcasm tags next time ;].

Imho you are right, there should be no difference if calculating the mask from 50 local or DR passes so that we really are able to get 100 passes DR + master visually equal to 100 local passes. But maybe that´s not even possible for some reason. Anyhow, this was my understanding about this matter as well.

But I fear this is all dabbler talk - we have so wait for the holy, busy devs to judge this :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-04-14, 15:41:36
Reply #151

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
RC5 fixed some problems with adaptivity, now there should be no difference between mask computed locally and mask computed from DR passes.

2017-04-15, 00:35:16
Reply #152

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural visualization & Graphic design
nightmarish results.New problems arise constantly.Especially backburner side.Stop button does not work intermittently.I put time limit  , but render continues even though the time limit is over.
Every day is getting more and more insoluble.

I am sorry :(

In April 7th daily build version , these scenes were working perfectly...
Imagination is more important than knowlege

2017-04-15, 14:09:57
Reply #153

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
RC6 daily build and 2017 max///
Problem with wrong slave massages///
After some passes slaves report /waiting for render start/ and continue to rendering///

2017-04-15, 18:37:23
Reply #154

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
confirm same here

2017-04-16, 16:16:25
Reply #155

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural visualization & Graphic design
I think Corona renderer is the best renderer

BUT

I cant get how 6 april and even 13 december version could be better than rc6.

The scene I always use passes parsing part with rc6 in 1-3 hours

It takes the slaves to start rendering apprx. 3 hours ( only parsing part )

I tried everything I opened a new scene and merged again ( reset all settings )

NOW...

Right now I get 7k render with 6 april version in 3 hours and everything is perfect. ( Only problems in backburner )

Arent there any people in your team to test these ( huge scenes , different config machines , backburner jobs , )

Especially DR & Backburner

We've been talking about these for about a year

There should be a big scene to be tested with renderfarm  on different machines.If it goes on like this with users reviews it will go up to rc120 :)

I cant report better because we try to complete the projects we have :(

You may say dont work with these daily build versions.So What do you recommend ?

I LIKE CORONA LOT

but I still think the usefull part should be improved.

I wish we could participate more to help you sort out these problems.

If you wonder Why I am sometimes very negative because I started working with corona and threw away 40 Vray license.Therefore I expect the problems to be solved.

« Last Edit: 2017-04-16, 16:23:04 by tolgahan »
Imagination is more important than knowlege

2017-04-16, 21:44:36
Reply #156

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A strange thing that can somehow help to improve the DR mode in the future/
I was install 1.6 rc6 on new clean installation of Windows 10 with correct configuration for network render /later this was perfectly rendering with Vray DR/ on my new computer, and get DR slave dead///
etc. it's starting server and max, but with hit render on master machine it's not doing nothing,---- not downloading scene, not starting parsing, nothing, simple idle---////
In DR setting's on master always OK/// Master was founding the  slave in DR tab with name and IP /With license also always OK///
After installing 1.5 2 hotfix version and than again installed 1.6 rc6 version the slave starting rendering///
What thing exist in DR system in 1.5.2 version, Which is not exist in 1.6 RC6, that not clean Even during installation of new version's??? :))
« Last Edit: 2017-04-16, 23:39:48 by denisgo22 »

2017-04-16, 22:16:00
Reply #157

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Both render slaves themselves and Master report slaves as "Waiting for start of render".

But they're rendering...and adding passes just fine :- ).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-04-16, 23:41:09
Reply #158

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Both render slaves themselves and Master report slaves as "Waiting for start of render".

Agree//

2017-04-17, 02:03:42
Reply #159

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was install 1.6 rc6 on new clean installation of Windows 10 with correct configuration for network render /later this was perfectly rendering with Vray DR/ on my new computer, and get DR slave dead///
etc. it's starting server and max, but with hit render on master machine it's not doing nothing,---- not downloading scene, not starting parsing, nothing, simple idle---////
In DR setting's on master always OK/// Master was founding the  slave in DR tab with name and IP /With license also always OK///
After installing 1.5 2 hotfix version and than again installed 1.6 rc6 version the slave starting rendering///
What thing exist in DR system in 1.5.2 version, Which is not exist in 1.6 RC6, that not clean Even during installation of new version's??? :))

during your tests did you start backburner server on the render nodes?

2017-04-17, 11:48:42
Reply #160

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

No///
I am not using BackBurner at all.
I am using only Thinkbox Deadline///
And i didn't starting render on this node via Deadline or Backburner at all,--- only via DR///
« Last Edit: 2017-04-17, 11:53:27 by denisgo22 »

2017-04-17, 16:35:10
Reply #161

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

No///
And i didn't starting render on this node via Deadline or Backburner at all,--- only via DR///

Corona manual stated that you should start backburner server at least once on render nodes for DR to work properly. I believe proper Backburner connection is to be setup at least once to make sure Corona DR connecitons are also able to go through.
see this
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000501666-how-to-use-distributed-rendering-
"Note: Autodesk Backburner is not directly used in Corona Distributed Rendering process but it may sometimes block required 3dsmaxcmd.exe application from running."

also I disabled all firewalls they block connections. I am willing to live with the danger in order to render. what you are describing seems like firewall blocking connections.
"Both 3dsmax.exe and DrServer.exe must be allowed to communicate (both incoming and outgoing connections) on these two ports: TCP 19667 and TCP 19668. Sometimes adjusting firewall settings may be necessary"

2017-04-17, 20:57:17
Reply #162

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Agree//

Double agree.

I had Backburner running, so I shut it down on both render nodes and still get the same "Waiting for start of render" message on DrServer.  Master reports each node as "not running", even though the line right above that says "Updates: 4 Passes: 6" and the node names are green.
i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10

2017-04-17, 21:07:06
Reply #163

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

No///

Corona manual stated that you should start backburner server at least once on render nodes for DR to work properly. I believe proper Backburner connection is to be setup at least once to make sure Corona DR connecitons are also able to go through.
see this
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000501666-how-to-use-distributed-rendering-
"Note: Autodesk Backburner is not directly used in Corona Distributed Rendering process but it may sometimes block required 3dsmaxcmd.exe application from running."

also I disabled all firewalls they block connections. I am willing to live with the danger in order to render. what you are describing seems like firewall blocking connections.
"Both 3dsmax.exe and DrServer.exe must be allowed to communicate (both incoming and outgoing connections) on these two ports: TCP 19667 and TCP 19668. Sometimes adjusting firewall settings may be necessary"

It's all very nice, but i always work only with constantly /TURN OFF/ windows firewall at all, for both types of connections, on all my renders nodes///:))

2017-04-18, 13:27:46
Reply #164

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I cant get how 6 april and even 13 december version could be better than rc6.
Right now I get 7k render with 6 april version in 3 hours and everything is perfect. ( Only problems in backburner )

Could you please try checking "Render by strips" in DR rollout? Slaves used to render by strips in April 6 build, so it's possible this is the cause of your problems.
Let me know if it makes any difference.