Author Topic: Noise changes every frame =(  (Read 17443 times)

2013-08-24, 16:29:12
Reply #15

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Rawalanche, same problem with your setting.
I think this is a limit for Corona =( small objects with hight detail isn't able to render without flickering.
I'll make a sample scene fro everyone as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-24, 16:49:47 by cecofuli »

2013-08-24, 18:00:36
Reply #16

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here a simplified scene (with CoronaScatter) and clay material. Same problem. I don't know ho render this scene without flickering :/

2013-08-24, 20:13:32
Reply #17

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are you sure it would be possible to render it without noise in vray? There is an animated sun in this scene so there are lots of subtle changes in that distant area. It's hard to imagine for me not to get animated noise in this case. You would even get noise if you recorded it with a camera in real life. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-08-24, 20:28:01
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ok, I removed animation of sun and camera and now there is completely no noise in each new frame. You have to do the same or make the movement of sun/camera much much slower.

2013-08-24, 21:53:16
Reply #19

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Ok, I removed animation of sun and camera and now there is completely no noise in each new frame. You have to do the same or make the movement of sun/camera much much slower.

Unfortunately that is not really a solution :) If he wants camera and sun moving, then he should have it. It is something that needs to be fixed from corona's side, not by restricting what artists can do.

2013-08-24, 22:33:47
Reply #20

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes, I know. But it looks like it's more of a feature than a bug. You can also see it in the grass in the foreground - shadows moving between individual grass blades. Same happens in the background but it's much more dense. I can't imagine how this could be overcome in vray or any other renderer.

2013-08-24, 22:59:07
Reply #21

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yes, I know. But it looks like it's more of a feature than a bug. You can also see it in the grass in the foreground - shadows moving between individual grass blades. Same happens in the background but it's much more dense. I can't imagine how this could be overcome in vray or any other renderer.

Yes, i wrote exactly the same thing earlier. Yet, i believe for example Vray would handle this case without any significant problems ;) So we need to make sure corona can too :)

2013-08-24, 23:03:36
Reply #22

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

2013-08-24, 23:29:51
Reply #23

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
i would really like to see vray in this scenario. It is impossible to keep the same noise and do the optimal light sampling when lights change. This is not a bug and I cannot fix it...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-08-25, 21:25:31
Reply #24

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is some frames with VRay. I think I made a very hard scene ;-)

2013-08-25, 21:41:37
Reply #25

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
try to make a region of same size and render it for same time with same materials using both corona and Vray. I am very curious which one will win :)

2013-08-25, 21:44:38
Reply #26

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From my fast test, VRay is better. The noise is more "stable".
In my old message you have the Corona version.
If you want to play, here the VRay version :)
Sorry for the file quality/organization. It was just a fast test!
PS: You need  VRay and multiscatter.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-25, 21:48:25 by cecofuli »

2013-08-26, 20:04:43
Reply #27

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Random noise is supposed to change for each frame. Noise generated by screen coordinates only will look like it's sliding over geometry as the camera or the geometry moves, and generally looks shit. It's also impossible to properly filter out in post using motion vectors or optical flow techniques. If you're using Fusion or Nuke, I can probably point you in the right direction. For After Effects, your options are more limited.

Corona looks like it's doing things right.

The problem with the noisy DOF is something that will need to be solved with either noise reduction in post or better adaptive sampling in Corona.

2013-08-26, 20:11:37
Reply #28

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the idea is that locking the noise pattern is an OPTIONAL feature. Sometimes, it really looks much better than temporaly uncorrelated noise. Just set random seed to 0 and you have uncorrelated noise every time ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-08-26, 20:23:12
Reply #29

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the idea is that locking the noise pattern is an OPTIONAL feature. Sometimes, it really looks much better than temporaly uncorrelated noise. Just set random seed to 0 and you have uncorrelated noise every time ;)
Yeah, I'm all for having it as an option. Just make sure it defaults to off. :) In modo, it defaults to on and sometimes I forget to turn it off. Mumble, grumble.