Author Topic: Corona Alpha v5 released!  (Read 146481 times)

2013-06-14, 00:28:21
Reply #45

d1g1dav3

• Users
    • View Profile
Stunning work!

2013-06-14, 01:19:44
Reply #46

PA3K

• Users
    • View Profile
Great progress Zdeno. Saving money for better computer :-). 64-bit operating system: NO, Windows Vista or newer: NO, SSE4.1-enabled CPU: NO, Your system does not meet the minimal requrements to run Corona renderer ...
Will there be some version for Windows XP 32-bit? Also I read somewhere on this forum, that standalone version is not fully featured. Is this standalone V5 now the same as for 3ds max?
unfortunately no version of Corona will run on your computer. I think you are actually the first person to request x86 build... sorry, but almost everybody uses x64 nowadays, and there is just no reason to complicate COrona by supporting x86

Sorry Ondra for misleading Your name... Is making support for x86 time consuming job? I don`t care if it will be even buggy, I would like just to try it. Thank You for answer.

2013-06-14, 01:24:20
Reply #47

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
It would take me at least a day of work, Corona uses some APIs that are not well prepared for the change. And I would have to completely rewrite some other stuff too because you dont have vista or newer. Sorry, but it is just not worth it. I have an old computer that is capable of running Corona here, it is yours if you can pick it up in Prague ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-06-14, 10:35:45
Reply #48

hemts

if u ppl work more on giving more quality render in less passes and little grainier images this renderer wud surpass vray m pretty sure good luck guys gr8 user interface  :)

2013-06-14, 10:36:37
Reply #49

morro

• Users
    • View Profile
max 11 [64 )  os win 7 64      crushes old scene  created with 4 alpha     with new installed alpha 5

2013-06-14, 10:52:22
Reply #50

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
can you upload the scene? http://corona-renderer.com/upload
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-06-14, 11:25:30
Reply #51

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All I really wanna Get started with this great render but just have no idea where to start and Google didn't yield many results.

Is there some kind of PDF or video that goes over every aspect of Corona render ie: camera's, material settings, different GI modes etc?
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2013-06-14, 11:47:49
Reply #52

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There is just this:
, but I would suggest just opening an old scene, converting it to corona with material converter, and hitting "render" ;)

2013-06-14, 12:26:45
Reply #53

PA3K

• Users
    • View Profile
It would take me at least a day of work, Corona uses some APIs that are not well prepared for the change. And I would have to completely rewrite some other stuff too because you dont have vista or newer. Sorry, but it is just not worth it. I have an old computer that is capable of running Corona here, it is yours if you can pick it up in Prague ;)

Thank You for offer Ondra :-))). I am from Ruzomberok - Slovakia...  I understand that it is not woth it to do x86 ... Anyway somewhen in the future I would like to visit You and talk about some software implementation and other stuff ... Or You can come to relax here to Tatras. I will take beer for You (as is written in license agreement) ... :-)
Patrik

2013-06-14, 12:35:24
Reply #54

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
great, come to this years maxcon then ;)

2013-06-14, 12:41:50
Reply #55

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is just this:
, but I would suggest just opening an old scene, converting it to corona with material converter, and hitting "render" ;)

How do you do that? where do i find the converter?
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2013-06-14, 12:49:48
Reply #56

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There is just this:

How do you do that? where do i find the converter?

The download link (with other useful info) is at the Corona homepage - http://corona-renderer.com

2013-06-14, 13:27:37
Reply #57

Danis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hdr file format saves incorrectly in animation rendering. files are empty.

2013-06-14, 14:19:26
Reply #58

Danis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
also in animation rendering if enable "save secondary GI" and "load secondary GI" (pt+hd with time limit for images) max crashes with this :)

2013-06-14, 18:02:34
Reply #59

lmikkelb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Love it! Rendering just got fun again :D