Author Topic: Sunset house  (Read 2657 times)

2019-06-21, 14:12:50

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Hello!
Please comment my latest render!
Be strict please!

2019-06-21, 18:30:12
Reply #1

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, maybe you try different lighting that looks not so generic. A good HDR...

2019-06-29, 21:15:17
Reply #2

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Let me present remastered version!

2019-06-29, 22:46:12
Reply #3

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Much better and more natural light now.

In the second picture, the background looks a bit unnatural. That tree on the left is also „very green“. :) Generally try to keep the colors natural, as we see it with our eyes...
Maybe desaturating the colors a bit will already help with that background.

How about some wall fixations on the glass of the balcony?

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-30, 13:23:14 by Designerman77 »

2019-06-29, 23:20:49
Reply #4

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Much better and more natural light now.

In the second picture, the background looks a bit unnatural. That tree on the left is also „very green“. :) Generally try to keep the colors natural, as we see it with our eyes...
Maybe desaturating the colors abit will already help with that background.

How about some wall fixations on the glass of the bslcony?

Cheers.

Thank you!
Oh... you've noticed the glass! I haven't seen this mistake until rendered hi-res!
I will keep editing this project!
Many thanks again!

2019-06-30, 13:22:21
Reply #5

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for appreciating the suggestions.

One more question: is it a personal project and you designed the house? Or you visualize it for an architect?

The reason I ask, is because of the proportions...
The windows look small and a bit "fortress-like" in relation to the room heights which might be around 3,1 meters, roughly estimated.
I was just imagining the impression one has, sitting in a tall room with (relatively) small windows positioned in the middle of the wall...

2019-06-30, 14:03:36
Reply #6

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
      No, I am just a visualizer. This was given as a test task from the client. They gave dwg and ref image with sunset scene. After I rendered the first image, they refused my services but let me use it as a personal project.
      As a author, I believe, that my sunset scene looks better then their`s. In the next revision I made changes to the light scheme, which created nice contrast shadows, also I lowered the camera to 160cm level to capture the building from the average human height.
      Their bad opinion about my render is the reason I asked for the forum`s feedback. I don`t think I can post ref image here, but I can send it in PM

2019-06-30, 19:25:37
Reply #7

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

no one started on maximum level as 3D-artist. So, I hope you are not too frustrated because that client imagines something different.

Look at the early work of the best 3D-artists on the market... EACH of them started with quite modest outcome.
In older times, 3D-render softs were quite bad, ineffective and slow. Now, thanks God, things have changed, so literally everyone has the chance to become a reasonable 3D-artist if he/she has at least a minimum of artistic talent.

If you are eager to learn from other colleagues, study images & photos with an "analytic eye", talk with photographers about their approach, read a lot of 3D threads - and most of all - try to develop an own style while never thinking "oh, now I'm great".
Then I guarantee you that you will reach a high level.

However, I don't want to sound like Mr. Over-teacher... :)))

Technically you are already an a solid path.

2019-07-02, 11:16:58
Reply #8

bhenk2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great render!! What is your modeling software? How about the lighting setup? Is it HDRI only?

2019-07-02, 15:00:50
Reply #9

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Great render!! What is your modeling software? How about the lighting setup? Is it HDRI only?

Thank you!
I for modelling I used 3dsMax 2017. Lighting - HDRI only for the daytime image and HDRI + Corona Sun.
Trees are from Evermotion. Background and sky were put in Photoshop.