Author Topic: Pricing and release date announced  (Read 192391 times)

2015-01-15, 17:28:33
Reply #345

3dbybrunolopes

• Active Users
  • Bruno Lopes
    • View Profile
    • http://www.3dbybrunolopes.com
OMG...The wait is killing me!
Senior 3D Artist and Technical Director

2015-01-25, 13:25:39
Reply #346

arczi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
LICENSE IS NOT FLOATING
License is node-locked – but it is rehostable. However, this process is not automatic.

How does the rehosting work?

Is it possible to switch between host at work/home?

2015-01-25, 17:01:06
Reply #347

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
No, it is meant only for cases such as buying new computer, not to be used on daily basis
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-25, 21:15:24
Reply #348

arczi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's pity that box version is rather 'install fixed' than 'node fixed'. If you always need an internet connection during new install then it's not unconditionally forever purchase. And the other part is not being able to connect from 2 places. That's tradicional model from almost very company atm. even the bigger ones like adobe, autodesk, maxon.

So i guess the only reasonable option is to take fairsaas.
the question is how often do you need to be connected to the internet for the license validation?
and what exactly means once in few days- is it possible in some cases to have more than 'few days' without the internet, more like weeks?

2015-01-25, 22:07:53
Reply #349

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We have not finalized these the details yet, so specific number is not known yet
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-30, 23:10:17
Reply #350

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there.

This question is regarding the box license, imagin I have 1 box license, hence 1 GUI license, 3 render nodes, of course my main workstation will be my GUI license and it will be used as a node, but my renderfarm is in another place (in my case I work from home, but I have a small office in other place where I have the renderfarm) will there be any problem to distribute my license between those nodes in another place and my main workstation? Hope not... cheers!

2015-01-30, 23:39:46
Reply #351

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
what do you mean by "distribute license"? If you mean whether you can use the render node licenses at a different place, then answer is yes

2015-01-30, 23:43:35
Reply #352

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, that is what I meant, to be able to license my nodes at the render farm and license my workstation in my home.

Thanks!

Cheers.

2015-01-31, 00:20:48
Reply #353

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, in that case it is possible. The licences are node-locked, but the nodes can be located wherever you want them.

2015-02-13, 08:11:55
Reply #354

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm using dailies and currently my About-info says "Valid until: 2015-02-15." Is this the case and if so, should the switch to commercial version not go as smoothly as planned, will you give us extended time for the dailies? I'm in a middle of a shitstorm of projects that are very tightly scheduled, very relevant to my future business with these specific clients. I need to work through this weekend and next week non-stop and rely on tens of liters of coffee so not having Corona working as expected, even for a day, could be a disaster.

So can I please get an extension to the beta/daily system for at least a week from this day on so I can have peace of mind and then activate my SAAS license as soon as I have a day off, to avoid any possibility of things not working as supposed to. I would of course pay for the SAAS in advance, in fact just tell me who to send money right now and I'll be on it right this minute - just renew my daily build expiration date to at least a week onwards :D

I hope you find the time to answer/give more info on our current situation with Corona, otherwise the coming days will prove to be both very exciting and disastrous for me :P

Thanks!

2015-02-13, 09:15:42
Reply #355

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it automatically extends, don't worry

2015-02-13, 09:42:12
Reply #356

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Corona said that my db license has expired today but I manually re-registered using the old data and it works fine. Adam told me it may have happened because of firewall.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-02-13, 10:51:22
Reply #357

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it automatically extends, don't worry

Good news, really appreciate the fast reply!

2015-02-13, 11:21:27
Reply #358

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Heh, saved me from asking the same question :- ) Yeah, mine is supposed to expire today.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-02-13, 13:48:04
Reply #359

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
My boss has promised me today -  that we are ready to buy 5 box licenses. it's very good price for us :) We are waiting for release:) Last 6 big projects were made with Alpha 7.2 .  No crashes, full speed, using render layers and masks, great stability and comfortable use - Vray is actually sleeping at out servers  :)

Greetings
Hris