Author Topic: Pricing and release date announced  (Read 190817 times)

2014-10-10, 17:50:40
Reply #150

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Very nice part 2 guys i like Saas and Box especially the Box license subscription : 99euros/year for updates and major builds is really attractive !
Goodbye 90 days rip !

2014-10-10, 17:52:16
Reply #151

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great news and improvements. Only wish not fulfilled was home+work use with 1 Box + subscription. Couldn't this be part of the subscription package like AutoDesk does?

Looking forward to buy

2014-10-10, 17:53:05
Reply #152

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
C4D will come next year ;)
Can you confirm any updates for c4d before 1.0? Atm I'm in middle of 3 projects with Corona instead of Vray, but I'm struggling with time/efficiency vs. time/AA issues (fireflies etc.)
Code: [Select]
Good news! I will buy Fair SaaS (1ws + 3 nodes, with year subscription, when it will be available), and will be able to buy when needed additional Fair SaaS (1ws + 5 nodes) for my render-farm, if there will be commercial work or long personal renders.
+for those running companies can lower tax cost with registering invoice every month...thats actually lowering SaaS price to some extend.

Anyway great post, lot of good work guys. I see a bright future for Corona!

yes, there will still be probably multiple C4D updates before a commercial release.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-10, 17:57:30
Reply #153

AdamHotovy

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
C4D will come next year ;)
Can you confirm any updates for c4d before 1.0? Atm I'm in middle of 3 projects with Corona instead of Vray, but I'm struggling with time/efficiency vs. time/AA issues (fireflies etc.)
Code: [Select]
Good news! I will buy Fair SaaS (1ws + 3 nodes, with year subscription, when it will be available), and will be able to buy when needed additional Fair SaaS (1ws + 5 nodes) for my render-farm, if there will be commercial work or long personal renders.
+for those running companies can lower tax cost with registering invoice every month...thats actually lowering SaaS price to some extend.

Anyway great post, lot of good work guys. I see a bright future for Corona!
New updates in C4D will come next year I am afraid. Alpha 1.1 is really for the brave. It is very first alpha.
I like turtles.

2014-10-10, 18:11:42
Reply #154

relox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi i need to clarify something before i vote for any of  those options, i always do stills and im happy with versión 1.0 and i dont need in the nearly future versión 1.5 my option is the box edition right? And this option is life time i dont need to pay anything in the future only if i want to upgrade to versión 2.0 i Will pay 99 euro for that update sounds rasonable to me.

2014-10-10, 18:14:12
Reply #155

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
Very nice part 2 guys i like Saas and Box especially the Box license subscription : 99euros/year for updates and major builds is really attractive !
Goodbye 90 days rip !
That was not a rip. People just did not understand that 90 days:) It mean that even without subscription you had 90 access to all the goodies from subscription, to get the taste.
But that confused so many people, they thought that we willll not offer updates for them, or upgrades etc.
We probably communicated that point badly
I like turtles.

2014-10-10, 18:17:50
Reply #156

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
Hi i need to clarify something before i vote for any of  those options, i always do stills and im happy with versión 1.0 and i dont need in the nearly future versión 1.5 my option is the box edition right? And this option is life time i dont need to pay anything in the future only if i want to upgrade to versión 2.0 i Will pay 99 euro for that update sounds rasonable to me.
Almost right. BUT
How do you think that there will not be anything new in version 1.5? We did not publish development road map yet. I think that we have a lot of things which we plan to add.
This option of box is life time. BUT upgrade to version 2.0 will cost more than subscription price. That is written in the article. 99 euro is the price for subscription where you have access to daily builds, monthly build and also to next major release like 2.0 ... Box without subscription is probably the worst solution of them all

I like turtles.

2014-10-10, 18:48:19
Reply #157

photomg1

• Active Users
    • View Profile

[/quote]
... Box without subscription is probably the worst solution of them all
[/quote]

that certainly looks like that was the  plan ....

2014-10-10, 19:20:51
Reply #158

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
... Box without subscription is probably the worst solution of them all

that certainly looks like that was the  plan ....

Yes, this is the plan - box is the worst option for us, and not because we are money-hungry, greedy bastards, but because SaaS allows us to do natural, continuous development the same way we have successfully done until now. So the BOX version is intended only as a "safety" fallback for people who do not want SaaS for some reason.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-10, 19:31:06
Reply #159

photomg1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fair enough , but it does seem counter to the facts . That you are doing your best to penalize individuals who choose that route .

2014-10-10, 19:58:58
Reply #160

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for a question that is without a doubt answered in that thorough blog-post but I just couldn't find it. About SaaS monthly, very basic stuff: I "rent" the license for a month and once the month is up the software gets "locked"?

2014-10-10, 20:01:52
Reply #161

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
your "fair SaaS" model is just great, and it really seems unbeatable for me... I really don't get why would someone want to go with box.. I can imagine some very special cases, very few of them.. But I don't have to pay in advance, I can cancel any time without feeling like it just cost too much to give up and switch now :D ... Still not sure about not being able to buy just extra nodes eventually if needed...

Anyways, I hope this all will work well for you guys :)

2014-10-10, 20:15:09
Reply #162

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I was a little skeptic after reading the first blog post. Not everything was clear back then and the box model didn't sound that good to me, but now I'm pretty happy about the licensing models.

I'm against renting for several reasons, I won't purchase any Autodesk or Adobe cloud products ever (at least as long as I'm not in any way forced to, good to be a employee!)... but.. I think that Coronas fair Saas model is really well designed. For people who like those renting models it's a good deal.

I personally prefer the box model because of it's "if I don't/can't pay anymore I will always be able to use what I have" feature. The initial price and the subscriptions are in my opinion fair balanced. I estimated the costs we had with Vray (vray 2 price, updates, new rendernodes.. overall costs over the years) for our render farm and calculated what Corona would be (initial payment + yearly subscriptions) and I found it pretty reasonable

I always try to keep in mind: I want the people who develop the software I need to make money to be paid well, so I don't have to worry that the product will die.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-10-10, 20:54:05
Reply #163

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
After reading new article with new prices i should say: really cool prices! Thank you Ondra for keeping promises!
PS. Hope there will be discounts for active alfa-testers)))))))))

2014-10-10, 21:31:00
Reply #164

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I personally prefer the box model because of it's "if I don't/can't pay anymore I will always be able to use what I have" feature.

I also think that this is the main fear that all this "rental" software had created for the user base.  I always try to support the software development and I think that this little conflict with this two plans could be solved of for instance, there is only one Saas plan, and after the years with your monthly payment when you reach the Total software price or the software, you can keep it at what you have if you can't pay any more, Kind of what Adobe proposed for CC customers, but they say you could own CS6.  Or if you pay in Advance you can own that copy, if you don't pay maintenance you'll have to pay the upgrade for new features.
This would be very friendly for the user base, but it will again limit the constant money flow to development teams that need that money to keep them moving.  I really feel that I read too many complains in this forum when in reality what Corona team is proposing seems more than fair already. asking for more than 3 licences for free just for hobby work? it is just abuse.this last payment options update make this very clear to me so I'll just wait until the release ;)