Author Topic: Pricing and release date announced  (Read 191927 times)

2014-10-10, 16:40:07
Reply #135

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-10, 16:57:40
Reply #136

arczi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
isn't it reasonable to add the cost of subscription to any box license and problem solved? Another 99eu to the total price isn't that much altogether compared to other rendering engines.

2014-10-10, 16:59:18
Reply #137

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
isn't it reasonable to add the cost of subscription to any box license and problem solved? Another 99eu to the total price isn't that much altogether compared to other rendering engines.

You mean mentally by users or for us?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-10, 17:05:54
Reply #138

arczi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's pretty cheap for users i think, the saas model price is affordable for anyone i think.

box license costs 349/449 eu with 3 render nodes when vray license with 5 render nodes costs 1500eu :|
if someone really wants box edition i bet he can afford another 99eu.

2014-10-10, 17:08:46
Reply #139

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I guess the intention is to leave you a choice instead of forcing you to buy into it like other companies do.

I think this is a very reasonable approach now, thanks for having a second thought on some things. I'm sure some people still want to be able to buy render licenses only, but with the 1+10 SaaS pack this is now at least more feasible than it was before.

One thing that I really like (depending on how you solve it, of course) is the floating license in SaaS. In an ideal world, it should be a matter of seconds to check out a license on one PC and carry it over to another one. Wonder what you guys will come up with.

2014-10-10, 17:10:11
Reply #140

AdamHotovy

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer

I guess the intention is to leave you a choice instead of forcing you to buy into it like other companies do.

I think this is a very reasonable approach now, thanks for having a second thought on some things. I'm sure some people still want to be able to buy render licenses only, but with the 1+10 SaaS pack this is now at least more feasible than it was before.

One thing that I really like (depending on how you solve it, of course) is the floating license in SaaS. In an ideal world, it should be a matter of seconds to check out a license on one PC and carry it over to another one. Wonder what you guys will come up with.

It could be easy as login into email. Name / password and you set. You could probably even keep autofil option on.
I like turtles.

2014-10-10, 17:12:43
Reply #141

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
It's pretty cheap for users i think, the saas model price is affordable for anyone i think.

box license costs 349/449 eu with 3 render nodes when vray license with 5 render nodes costs 1500eu :|
if someone really wants box edition i bet he can afford another 99eu.
We think it is cheap to if you will calculate it, but some people think opposite
I like turtles.

2014-10-10, 17:23:38
Reply #142

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It could be easy as login into email. Name / password and you set. You could probably even keep autofil option on.

Sounds good... On a second thought, how would you activate a license (or 10) on a render farm without internet connection? Not easy to come up with a system that works for everyone I guess.

2014-10-10, 17:23:55
Reply #143

koldi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Note: If there is still no internet connection for couple of days, there might be end of civilization anyway, so go home and spend it with your family or just call your internet provider.
Adam, I just laughed my a$$ on the floor...

Back to topic. You guys won't satisfy everyone, but I think very fair type of licencing atm after the changes, comparing to other ones on the market. I can't wait to heart 1.0 for C4D.
Thanks

2014-10-10, 17:34:25
Reply #144

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer

Sounds good... On a second thought, how would you activate a license (or 10) on a render farm without internet connection? Not easy to come up with a system that works for everyone I guess.
We have a tool for that for big render farms. We already activated more than 800 machines on one go
I like turtles.

2014-10-10, 17:34:41
Reply #145

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile

It could also be web based like octane render, (sorry for those without internet) 3 years or so now and octane render still has not been cracked.
I would hate to see Corona Pirated!
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2014-10-10, 17:35:57
Reply #146

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
Note: If there is still no internet connection for couple of days, there might be end of civilization anyway, so go home and spend it with your family or just call your internet provider.
Adam, I just laughed my a$$ on the floor...

Back to topic. You guys won't satisfy everyone, but I think very fair type of licencing atm after the changes, comparing to other ones on the market. I can't wait to heart 1.0 for C4D.
Thanks

Well, you cannot imagine how tiring it was to write this article and how much time we have spent on iterations with Ondra. So this one joke we left, just to see, if people will really read all of that.

C4D will come next year ;)
I like turtles.

2014-10-10, 17:39:19
Reply #147

dancem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good news! I will buy Fair SaaS (1ws + 3nodes, with year subscription, when it will be availiable), and will be able to buy when needed additional Fair SaaS (1ws + 5nodes) for my render-farm, if there will be commercial work or long personal renders.
So for my 10 PCs it will be 25 EURO per month (300 EURO per year), and additional 30 EURO per month, for a few months, if I have work with "full load", and with ability to cancel this additional subscription any time.
I am happy now :)

2014-10-10, 17:39:57
Reply #148

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
Good news! I will buy Fair SaaS (1ws + 3nodes, with year subscription, when it will be availiable), and will be able to buy when needed additional Fair SaaS (1ws + 5nodes) for my render-farm, if there will be commercial work or long personal renders.
So for my 10 PCs it will be 25 EURO per month (300 EURO per year), and additional 30 EURO per month, for a few months, if I have work with "full load", and with ability to cancel this additional subscription any time.
I am happy now :)
Great, I am happy too
I like turtles.

2014-10-10, 17:44:36
Reply #149

koldi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
C4D will come next year ;)
Can you confirm any updates for c4d before 1.0? Atm I'm in middle of 3 projects with Corona instead of Vray, but I'm struggling with time/efficiency vs. time/AA issues (fireflies etc.)
Code: [Select]
Good news! I will buy Fair SaaS (1ws + 3 nodes, with year subscription, when it will be available), and will be able to buy when needed additional Fair SaaS (1ws + 5 nodes) for my render-farm, if there will be commercial work or long personal renders.
+for those running companies can lower tax cost with registering invoice every month...thats actually lowering SaaS price to some extend.

Anyway great post, lot of good work guys. I see a bright future for Corona!