Author Topic: Object motion blur  (Read 8547 times)

2019-09-11, 13:18:07

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a strange thing happening here...

The first image is a rendering (stopped after just a few passes) with the option "Motion Blur->Enable objects" unchecked...

The second image is the exact same scene (stopped after just a few passes) with the option "Motion Blur->Enable objects" checked this time... and my objects are flying ...

2019-09-11, 15:08:25
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
More info would be good, starting with standard C4D version, Corona version and OS. Then other info specific to this - is there any animation in the scene? Can you give the exact steps to reproduce, e.g. was anything else done in between changing the motion blur tag, or was this just render, stop, change motion blur, render? (Curious as to why you were changing the state of the motion blur too?) Does it happen in other scenes or only this one? Does the scene go back to normal if you reload it?  Does this happen if you load the scene, do not do any rendering, change the motion blur to checked, and render (or only if you render with the motion blur unchecked first)? Do the objects stop flying if you uncheck motion blur again after this problem render? Anything different about those objects that end up flying, are they clones or instances?

Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-09-11, 15:33:59
Reply #2

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

So i'm on a Mac with OS 10.13.6. My cinema 4D version is R20.059 and running Corona 4.0...

There is no other animation in my scene except the car that I wanted to get moving to get some motion blur..
1) I did my scene and did render it several time without problem (motion blur unchecked)
2) I added the car and made the animation to make it move over 75 frames
3) Hit render at the Frame 50 (to have the right position of the car), Motion blur still unchecked...Render is fine
4) Check Motion blur, hit render and objects are flying around :-)
5) Uncheck Motion blur again and everything is again normal.

The object flying are (I think because its hard to verify as they are not flying in the viewport) all render instances, or instances

hope this helps

2019-09-18, 17:27:43
Reply #3

mte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.m-te.de
The problem are the render instances, for sure.
We have a lot of problems with MB and render instances so we can't use the one or the other.

This all belongs to the huge motion blur problem that corona has.
There are so many stop stones when using motion blur, that it could be considered as useless.

2019-09-18, 23:16:21
Reply #4

lollolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
... This all belongs to the huge motion blur problem that corona has.
There are so many stop stones when using motion blur, that it could be considered as useless.

+1

2019-09-23, 16:54:48
Reply #5

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I kills me when I see version 5 daily build coming out with "Added render stamp to multi-pass" when there are some HUGE bugs that have been holding me back for years now. How can a studio not use motion blur or someone using C4D not be able to use instances and multi-instances? Add blur in post you say? (buzzer sound) Sorry. Velocity pass is broken too. Not sure if this is only for Mac users, but it's getting frustrating not seeing any progress (on the outside) on these major issues. Maybe more communication is in order.

What happened to all the resources Chaos was supposed to bring to the table? Corona is fantastic, but unless I switch to Windows and Max, I'm not getting what I thought I was paying for.

2019-09-23, 17:51:14
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The resources Chaos brings is more money to expand the team - that doesn't mean we get more good programmers applying, unfortunately. So having the money for them and finding them are two different challenges :) As for sharing ideas, algorithms, etc. that sure happens, but sharing code is not normally possible as our code base is different. So because something works in V-Ray, doesn't mean we can now just copy and paste the code over and presto - in fact, we might not even be able to solve it the same way they solve it, due to the differences in the engines, so even the "approach" rather than specific code may or may not be something that can be carried across. It all depends.

One thing to note is that small things like "Added render stamp.." are NOT taking away from the large tasks. Some things are not that critical, but they also take very little time to implement - why would we skip them just because some larger features that take significant weeks or months are not done yet?

And of course prioritizing work is a complex thing - work on motion blur, or instances, or R21 support, or.... ? We do our best based on a whole host of factors (which I wrote up at length some point before) to sort out the priority of doing things. Some people may never use motion blur, some use it every week, and so on. We'll keep right on working on all these things! And as ever, if you know some good developers, send them to our jobs page :)

2019-09-23, 21:06:52
Reply #7

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply. I'm just frustrated that's all. The universe is supposed to orbit around just ME, right? :-)
Keep working hard and I'm sure you'll get them all done, but can it be by this weekend?

As for good developers go, what environment are you working in? I do know some devs and who know, they or their friends might be compatible.

--Also, sorry for hijacking your thread @malindis.

2019-09-23, 21:28:24
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Frustration is understandable - and some people do use a feature every week or every day, and of course that makes it important to them as it's not just a once-a-year thing. We will keep working as fast as we can on all issues of course, so these will be addressed. Apologies that it's one that you run into often in the meantime (unfortunately "meantime" will be longer than weekend, sorry!). BTW, wait, what, I thought the universe revolved around ME? ;)

For the jobs, yes please, send anyone who might be interested over to https://corona-renderer.com/about/jobs. Good developers are hard to come by, and we are pretty much always looking - and one thing that will speed things up for sure is more developers :) C++ is our weapon of choice, and I am sure more info can be shared if needed (they can just email the hiring email address if there's more they need to know before applying).

2019-09-24, 08:47:54
Reply #9

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Heh, I don't think the universe is orbiting around any particular person (:P) but what I am hearing from fellow colleagues is what can only be described as "similar frustrations" as BigAl3D is experiencing. To be perfectly honest, I sometimes find groundbreaking bugs or unsupported features in the middle of a project. Bugs which in my opinion should have been solved with version 1.0 .

Motion blur, displacement, displacement in the IR, IR resetting seemingly randomly, multi-instance support, team render troubles / limitations galore, limited 4k monitor support (IR resolution mostly), lightmix randomly breaking at new points with new versions...

I mean those are a couple of things people come to me frequently about. They are usually stressed about it because they kind of don't expect that won't work. It really surprises you when we are at version 4.0 (actually 2.0 for c4d) and something that is considered  "basic" doesn't work. Its like when people were harping on Octane a couple of years ago because they didn't support some basic things a production renderer should do (they got much better recently). With Corona there are quite a few limitations and irks at this current stage, obviously.

So as always, this isn't meant as a knock at all. Just trying to share my impressions of what people are telling me and hopefully this can help the dev process. It does kind of seem like it might be product management related a bit too though :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-09-27, 02:48:27
Reply #10

edub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
so - I just ran into this motion blur issue as well (I don't usually need MB) - is there a workaround?? 

My scene is heavily relying on render instances, and they are exploding and flying everywhere in the scene when object MB is turned on. 

Do the Corona devs have this issue identified, or do you need more example files?

2019-09-27, 09:49:19
Reply #11

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi edub,

yes, we know about this problem and it's obvious to us that it's very annoying to the users. We plan to do something about it very soon. A simple example/test scene will always come in handy, thank you!

2020-10-22, 11:37:58
Reply #12

Core2000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We got same problems with onjekt motion blur and renderinstances
Corona V6HF1 - Both on Windows 10 and OSX Catalina Machines with C4D R20 upto R23

Why there no plan to fix motion blur issues in V7? Miss this point in Trello Roadmap for V7
This is a main feature we several times frustrated about in our projects

2020-10-22, 14:13:31
Reply #13

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The roadmap mostly focuses on new features, and not a list of bugs that will be fixed (you can compare the list of bugs fixed shown in the releases for Corona 6 in the blogs to the roadmaps for Corona 6, and there are a LOT more things fixed than the roadmap ever showed :) ). Also if related to instances, it may fall under the umbrella of https://trello.com/c/QHP1fxyW/90-improved-multi-instance-support too.

We'll see what the dev and support teams think, though, on both whether this bug is on the cards and whether the general fixes for instances may resolve this scenario.

2020-10-27, 11:14:18
Reply #14

Core2000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The roadmap mostly focuses on new features, and not a list of bugs that will be fixed (you can compare the list of bugs fixed shown in the releases for Corona 6 in the blogs to the roadmaps for Corona 6, and there are a LOT more things fixed than the roadmap ever showed :) ). Also if related to instances, it may fall under the umbrella of https://trello.com/c/QHP1fxyW/90-improved-multi-instance-support too.

We'll see what the dev and support teams think, though, on both whether this bug is on the cards and whether the general fixes for instances may resolve this scenario.

Thx. For now Corona is still the easiest and best Renderer for our projects. But feels like some bugfixes/features stuck since Conora became part of Chaos Group