Author Topic: Cebas PSD Manager support  (Read 19579 times)

2016-12-23, 07:21:25
Reply #15

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But what about the object masking?

2016-12-23, 12:48:04
Reply #16

Daniel Schmidt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • psd-manager
@Bobby The other masking tools in psd-manager require deep data - that Corona doesn't support (e.g. G-Buffer). I have some thing on the roadmap to make them usable.

However, there is also nice stuff for masking in psd-manager 4. To simplify using Mask render elements. You don't need to name them properly - psd-manager will. psd-manager also splits the Mask Images  RGB channels into separate Photoshop layers - so they can be used conviniently to make selections in Photoshop (find layer via right click on image, make selection via CTRL + Click on layer). (you can also turn that behaviour off)

psd-manager 4 is now available. It was hard work making a render effect work in a renderer that doesn't support render effects currently. However, the smooth workflow now for render elements (using LightMix) in 32-bit and even 16-bit PSDs using the special Gamma Adjustment Layer was worth it, I think.

Download the trial:http://www.cebas.org/psdmedia/psdmanager_4_trial.zip

Daniel

« Last Edit: 2017-01-05, 17:30:23 by Daniel Schmidt »

2017-01-31, 20:52:04
Reply #17

bastille

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studiosezz
Hello Daniel,
I used your new version with corona but since a few  days I have a rendering exception when the render is finished (see attachment). If I desactivate psdmanager (in the effect window) I don't have the error. Do you have an idea of what is going on?
Thank you,
Pierre
studiosezz // Paris
www.studiosezz.com

2017-02-01, 00:59:44
Reply #18

Daniel Schmidt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • psd-manager
I can have a  look at your scene. Please send it or a download link to mail(at)daniel-schmidt.biz
Best would be a simplified scene that still triggers the error. So maybe remove most of the geometry and try rendering at lower resolution.

Best Regards,
Daniel Schmidt

2017-02-01, 13:32:47
Reply #19

bastille

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studiosezz
Thank you Daniel,
I don't know If you will have the same bug. I delete everything in this scene but I still have the render exception.
Best
Pierre
studiosezz // Paris
www.studiosezz.com

2017-02-01, 16:28:07
Reply #20

Daniel Schmidt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • psd-manager
Thank you for the max file - I could reproduce the exception error using it. I will look into this deeper and let you know once I know more.

Daniel

2017-02-02, 06:15:37
Reply #21

Daniel Schmidt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • psd-manager
The problem I found is that the  Corona CMasking_Mask render elements are still pointing to objects that were already deleted. So it says for example "4 objects included" in the element options but there aren't any objects if you look at the list. This is a bug I will report to the Corona developers. psd-manager did not expect this weird case and tried to access the name of non existing objects to build the PSD layer name and that caused the exception error.

I fixed the problem in the psd-manager code - but I'm not sure if this was your original problem in the first place. I can now render your test.max scene and it creates a PSD file. Please test the following in your original scene: Click on all the Manual selection buttons so it opens the Exclude/Include dialog and close it via the OK button. That should clean these lists up.

Or simply use the updated psd-manager plugin I sent you via direct message.

Thank you for your report.
Daniel

2017-02-02, 12:21:17
Reply #22

bastille

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studiosezz
Hello Daniel and thank you very much.
I clean the Corona CMasking_mask element and it works. You're right , this element doesn't update itself when an object is deleted.
Again thank you, I will install your hotfix for security.
Best
Pierre
studiosezz // Paris
www.studiosezz.com

2017-02-02, 15:18:38
Reply #23

Daniel Schmidt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • psd-manager
I reported it on the corona bug tracker, Bug ID 2458.
https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2458

Daniel

2017-02-25, 05:41:08
Reply #24

Daniel Schmidt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • psd-manager
psd-manager 4.0.1 is available - it now handles CMasking_Mask elements that still reference deleted nodes correctly. Use cebas product manager to update.

Daniel

2017-04-29, 09:20:06
Reply #25

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Daniel,

I was wondering about the workflow and others experience a bit and googled PSD Manager and IPR, and ended up somewhere where it said that PSD Manager doesn't support interactive rendering because of lack of deep data, but this was in relation to Vray. Does the same apply to Corona?

2017-04-29, 11:45:33
Reply #26

Daniel Schmidt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • psd-manager
Hi Daniel,

I was wondering about the workflow and others experience a bit and googled PSD Manager and IPR, and ended up somewhere where it said that PSD Manager doesn't support interactive rendering because of lack of deep data, but this was in relation to Vray. Does the same apply to Corona?
The statement about V-Ray is not correct. Masking tools in psd-manager require deep data. The lack of deep data is however not the reason why an IPR render is not exported.

psd-manager is currently a render effect it will export the image when the render is finished. If you do some kind of interactive rendering there is simply not that point in time when the render is finished from the point of view of the plugin. Interactive rendering via ActiveShade or some kind of IPR is typically not used to produce final frames for post production, but look development and tweaking shaders. So usually that is not a problem.

Just grab the trial and play around with it, this should answer many questions. I do realize that it would sometimes be nice to save directly from the framebuffer - it is on the wishlist.

Daniel

« Last Edit: 2017-04-29, 12:04:47 by Daniel Schmidt »

2017-05-02, 17:29:59
Reply #27

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Daniel, so the masking tools are supported by Corona as well? Or am I confused about the deep data part?

If I render and open the file via PSD Manager in Photoshop, is this a live link? Can I re-render and the Photoshop file will update or is that not possible with Photoshop?

2017-05-02, 18:03:47
Reply #28

Daniel Schmidt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • psd-manager
Thanks Daniel, so the masking tools are supported by Corona as well? Or am I confused about the deep data part?
What I wrote earlier in this thread is still the case. Currently the psd-manger masking tools are not supporting Corona, because Corona doesn't provide deep data (G-Buffer). However' Im working on something.
What is working right now is the special handling of the Corona Mask elements.

If I render and open the file via PSD Manager in Photoshop, is this a live link? Can I re-render and the Photoshop file will update or is that not possible with Photoshop?

No, it is just a PSD/ PSB file.

Daniel
« Last Edit: 2017-05-02, 18:26:01 by Daniel Schmidt »

2017-07-06, 01:37:52
Reply #29

Daniel Schmidt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • psd-manager
There was a bug in Corona causing the camera data that is embedded within the PSD file to be wrong. The result is wrong camera location when importing PSD sequences via the After Effects PSD Camera Import plugin included with psd-manager. Use the Corona 1.7 Daily build from July 4th or later to fix this - the issue has been resolved.

Daniel