Author Topic: Advice for an interior view without windows ?  (Read 2046 times)

2018-07-05, 10:23:34

bastille

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studiosezz
Hello,
Do you have any tips for reducing render times on interior views without windows  like the one I attached?
Usually I deliver my images with 5% noise and it requires me maximum one hour of calculation on my workstation. Here a whole night was not enough to reach this level ...
Do I have to change some parameters of the performance tab? Or add a hidden light?
Thanks for your help
Pierre

studiosezz // Paris
www.studiosezz.com

2018-07-05, 14:24:12
Reply #1

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've done a few hospitals, including the tunnels below, and I just add a hidden light (or several). Nobody will notice if you do it right and it renders in no time.

2018-07-05, 16:46:06
Reply #2

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you try to turn off refraction at glass material? Sure you can add fake light instead light material

2018-07-06, 11:03:17
Reply #3

bastille

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studiosezz
Hello,
thanks you help. I add some extra invisible lights, it's better for the render time but it's obviously less good for the realism. The choice will be dictated by the time I have left at the end of the project :)
Thanks again
Pierre
studiosezz // Paris
www.studiosezz.com

2018-07-06, 13:44:28
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The scene does not look very complex - it should definitely render in a reasonable time. The best idea would be to find out what is slowing it down. If you would like us to inspect it (at some point), you can share it using our private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-06, 15:15:55
Reply #5

bastille

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studiosezz
Ok I have send it.
Pierre
studiosezz // Paris
www.studiosezz.com

2018-07-06, 17:18:23
Reply #6

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there displacement on your floor... It looks kinda weird? If you that is the case, I would turn it off  since it's not adding anything to your scene other than bloating render times.

Also, what's going on with the wavy lights and ceiling?