Author Topic: Candles in th Bath  (Read 4029 times)

2015-02-03, 19:24:04

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hello,

I just played a bit with compositing and here is the result.
I have a problem with this...In the shadows there has a lot noise. That's right if have some noise in the shadows, because that's the normal...but here I fel too much.
I left the render overnight, and I used Arion to denoising on 32float, and after on the converted 16bit layer I'd used the DeNoiser, which one is made really good work.

But, If you have any advice how can I reduce the noise on the night render, that info should be really helpfull.

Thank you and If you don't like this render, please don't hesitate, just share with me why ! I really appreciate for all comments !

Peace for all !   
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2015-02-04, 09:27:42
Reply #1

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
How many passes? Render setup? Light setup? Material setup, most of all the bath? Did you check albedo? Maybe with some more info we can help you better ;)

My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-02-04, 10:20:55
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
How did you make these candles? What kind of lights and what material for wax?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-02-04, 14:37:17
Reply #3

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Well guys...I made this render maybe two months ago...

But I try to give answers....

So the light! There was an night HDRI with very low multi value...that was around 0,01, because I just tried to make some bluish (moonish) color under the window on the floor. For the candels...There has only intensity 1.0 candela for each candles in  CoronaLight. The point here was for me to use accuret intensity for the candle's light. ( One candle's light intensity = 1 candela. Simple)...And that's all about the lighting.

About the render...The render time was 8 hours. The albedo was correct ( no reds, or orangesh just on the soap) and I checked the direct light and indirect light. I have passes for those, so the direct light is clear. On the indirect pass has small noise and the reflect has fireflies. But not so much noise and fireflies. In the translucency pass has noise on the candels.
For the render sampling I used 32/4 or 32/8...I don't remember. That's sure I'd pushing a bit up to cleaning the lights. It was the 3th overnight render, which gave me much clearer light result. The first render I made with default settings and there was a lot grain in the indirect light

Materials...Well that's really simple. Nothing special. The candle mat is very simple, diffuse color: 219;190;128 29;106;219 and this is same in the translucency's color.  The fraction 0,2. The reflection is 140 gray a,d 0,31 for glossiness.  ( It's doubled in post and masked out a bit )...Hmmm....tha tube's mats is...Falloff for the diffuse with 180/200 white, reflection: falloff curve in the slot with 0,8 level and 0,85 glossiness. Same simple and the albedo pass is good.

Well...That's all, left only the render passes and the scene but with day light...

Here I share an another render, there has lot more noise on it. Behind the tube on the wall the shadows look wierd for me. Looks like something low 1,2,3 bit (CGA) depth... ? The render setup was same and 32bit exr output. Albedo good...everything is same...Just noisy and that shadows...?

Maybe Maru will find the render setup a bit high, but trust me...after 3 night renders I was happy with something "clear"...(I thought I should cleaning in post...)

Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.