Author Topic: Setting up lightsources for interior visualization.  (Read 3693 times)

2015-01-20, 15:50:52

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I spend couple of days to make an good lighting rig for the interior...I'd searched som new stuff (for me new) about how can I get more realistic light in interiors...Than I found this video...

Not a valid vimeo URL

What he make it's looks great for me !

Take an half an hour to watch it...And if you have any experience or just judgement about this technic with Corona, please share with us...

I really appreciate if we starting an topic for the correct Corona light rig for interiors, exteriors, studio lighting! Dont keep your secrets in dark ! ;)

That's it Folks !
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2015-01-20, 17:56:35
Reply #1

druwee

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With corona such lighting is easy:

1. use overcast HDR or Corona sky that is closer to white (overcast HDR gives best results) - use this map in environment slot.
2. add a corona sun - make sure rotation goes through window at desired angle lower the angle so there is an evening burn to the lighting.
3. you are done.

the rest is simple intensity tweaks to suit your style. i will post an example later should i find the render somewhere where i used this light setup style.

2015-01-20, 18:14:53
Reply #2

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hi druwee,

Appreciate your answer! Thanx !
Yes, that's my general lighting setup too...But after this method in the video I thought a bit far. And in the interior photography somethimes neccessary to use ambient light, back light or softboxes...gels...etc.

I made some renders with HDR+sun, and HDR+sun+softboxes. And the result with HDR+softbox gave more realistic, photography lights in the scene...

I think HDR light with small window useally not enought specially if you use the HDR's EXIF ( if has ) datas to the camera setup.
Than...what you do ? Just use maybe softboxes to lighting...Maybe I'm wrong, but now I just thinking how can I make the light rig for interiors. I just try to keep the camera, the lights in real setups. Maybe I just wasting my time..but the time is endless... ;)

Peace!
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.