Author Topic: Free Corona 3D Model every Monday  (Read 49973 times)

2017-09-22, 01:19:45
Reply #30

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I know this might not get as much as attention as it deserves, but please don't stop! these models are great!

2017-09-22, 08:07:08
Reply #31

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Ya here here

I have yet to use one, but the day is coming, and its very generous.
So well done and the models are great.

Phil
Dell Precision T7910

2017-09-22, 09:29:35
Reply #32

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
In my opinion people don't respect freebies. Many of people just want to get something for free and "go to home". Community should get more attention to posts like this (original post with every monday freebies) because someone spend a lot of time to produce something and is giving it for free. One word from people should be enough - just "Thank You".
I have a blog and people are just downloading. Almost no comments, no shares, no feedback, no interaction with me by asking for something, just nothing. People are downloaders:)
I want to say again and again - thank You for freebies. For me it's timesaver stuff, and i feel that commercial product made by the same contributor (which is giving freebies) will have the same hig quality as freebies.
Greetings

2017-09-22, 12:00:17
Reply #33

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Indeed, thank you for the freebies :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-09-22, 14:21:56
Reply #34

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I know this might not get as much as attention as it deserves
   Topic: Free Corona 3D Model every Monday  (Read 4990 times)
Read 4999 times
I'm pretty sure couple of guys have this set as Favorite and check back every single Monday ;]
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2017-09-26, 23:26:16
Reply #35

ivan777

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you guys for some good words! It's nice that some people can appreciate.

This week a bit late but here it is. Something nostalgic and playfull. Small Lego truck!

http://www.blog.viz-people.com/blog/free-3d-model-lego-truck/

2017-09-27, 03:40:01
Reply #36

Icodyne

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Once again you guys provided an awesome model. I cannot wait to use this as a fun detail in an architectural scene. Thanks!
Please view my portfolio:
http://www.digitalvisualization.net

2017-09-27, 12:26:02
Reply #37

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
Thank You for a new model - really nostalgic :) heh, i remember my first lego set which i get when i was 12 years old :) Big Thank You!

2017-09-27, 16:29:15
Reply #38

PatSieb

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
Hi ivan777 and thanks for sharing your models! :)

When will you support C4D + Corona?

Many users here will be happy about this!

Regards
Pat

2017-10-01, 06:01:32
Reply #39

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard
In my opinion people don't respect freebies. Many of people just want to get something for free and "go to home". Community should get more attention to posts like this (original post with every monday freebies) because someone spend a lot of time to produce something and is giving it for free. One word from people should be enough - just "Thank You".
I have a blog and people are just downloading. Almost no comments, no shares, no feedback, no interaction with me by asking for something, just nothing. People are downloaders:)
I want to say again and again - thank You for freebies. For me it's timesaver stuff, and i feel that commercial product made by the same contributor (which is giving freebies) will have the same hig quality as freebies.
Greetings

Completely agree on "people are downloaders"
My thread has 633 views as of now.
My free models on my website have been downloaded 50 times, and 0 purchase.
On CGTrader the free models have been downloaded 185 times, and 3 purchases.
On 3DExport the free models have been downloaded 17 times, and 0 purchases.
I currently only have lamps for products, which isn't the highest demanding thing, but the results thus far haven't really be worth putting out a freebie at all.

2017-10-01, 10:25:24
Reply #40

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
that is conversion rate about 1%, this is standard for similar services. Dropbox/gmail/Corona/... does not make money by convincing everybody who tries it to buy it, but by convincing millions of people to try it ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-10-01, 15:12:54
Reply #41

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That's actually pretty good result - my free download to sell ratio is close to 200:1. No complaints though, if i wouldn't want that people download my models, i wouldn't put them for free. Sure, it would be nice to hear thanks from time to time, but i guess it would be quite tiresome to hear that 50k times :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-01, 23:10:27
Reply #42

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard
that is conversion rate about 1%, this is standard for similar services. Dropbox/gmail/Corona/... does not make money by convincing everybody who tries it to buy it, but by convincing millions of people to try it ;)

But the Corona 45 day trial doesnt take you 45 days to realize you want a sub. I've been doing CG stuff as a hobby for half my life and when I was playing with beta/trial, it was just so much easier to actual get renders out! Not having to tamper with render settings and interactive rendering makes it so much easier to adjust lighting and materials. The amount of renders I do for personal experience has easily gone up 3 or 4 times. And theres the price, which isn't gonna cost an arm or leg that sweetens the deal. So kudos on such a great rendering engine :D

I have a bunch of tables I modeled a few years back that I made new materials for, that are just waiting to be render. But with the new material library with Corona, it'll make things much more interesting now that people can just drag and drop those onto the models.

That's actually pretty good result - my free download to sell ratio is close to 200:1. No complaints though, if i wouldn't want that people download my models, i wouldn't put them for free. Sure, it would be nice to hear thanks from time to time, but i guess it would be quite tiresome to hear that 50k times :]

50k times... well hello mr fancy pants haha. Yeah 50k notification on nothing but thank you's would be a bit tiresome, to say the least. It would be nice to see the renders where your freebies are used in though, would be nice to see how others are using them. Ty to ivan777, attachment was a render where I felt i could use some green in the room.

2017-10-02, 15:41:05
Reply #43

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I have a bunch of tables I modeled a few years back that I made new materials for, that are just waiting to be render. But with the new material library with Corona, it'll make things much more interesting now that people can just drag and drop those onto the models.

Just be aware that you can't sell your models if you'll use any material or texture from Corona MatLib on them.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-02, 19:40:26
Reply #44

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard
I have my own materials and texrures on them, was just saying with the matlib people can easily just switch materials out if they like the models but not materials.

Just be aware that you can't sell your models if you'll use any material or texture from Corona MatLib on them.