Author Topic: long parsing times/not responding  (Read 12393 times)

2016-09-28, 14:27:49
Reply #15

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. I don't use RC, but I was wondering if you have tried using a Corona multi map set to instances?

This would give you the variation + the "instance" speed (if it works with RC).

Regards

2016-09-28, 14:30:48
Reply #16

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. I don't use RC, but I was wondering if you have tried using a Corona multi map set to instances?

This would give you the variation + the "instance" speed (if it works with RC).

Regards

I did try setting it to instance but it didn't seem to do anything. I am using corona multi map in the material but it required the MBE modifier to work with the RC object.

2016-09-28, 14:43:08
Reply #17

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. The MBE modifier doesn't work with instances, and if I understood your writing correct, the MBE modifier "breaks" the RC instances into unique objects. Therefore the Corona multi map set to "instances" won't work, since it needs instances in this mode.

If RC instances doesn't work with the Corona multi map directly, then maybe you could convert the RC object into intanciated polys/meshes - then the Corona multi map will work in instance mode.

Hope it helps

2016-09-28, 14:53:02
Reply #18

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. The MBE modifier doesn't work with instances, and if I understood your writing correct, the MBE modifier "breaks" the RC instances into unique objects. Therefore the Corona multi map set to "instances" won't work, since it needs instances in this mode.

If RC instances doesn't work with the Corona multi map directly, then maybe you could convert the RC object into intanciated polys/meshes - then the Corona multi map will work in instance mode.

Hope it helps

sorry i didnt type that very well. I took off the MBE to try RC with instance multi map and it didnt work but changing it to IDs and using MBE did work, but it only works because it breaks the instancing. i cant seem to get instancing and multi maps to work together.

with what Romullus said earlier and the link that Maru posted, it seems itoo only supports VRay with this magic at the moment. Which is a massive pain for me because of how unstable my machines are being :(

now im just wondering how to collapse it all to be best optimised for Corona to render it without overloading it like i already am.

its a largish site of houses but only for the aerial will everything be seen. so i wonder what the best way to render the smaller shots is? i obviously want everything around to be in window reflections etc but not everything is seen. do i need to start hiding as much as i can?

2016-09-28, 19:32:18
Reply #19

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Hey OP, I had a similar problem last week. I was using multiple xrefs as well, that contained RailClone and Forest objects. After going though each of the xrefs, I discovered none of them had any issue rendering on their own.

It really just came down to some sort of mystery corruption in the final render file that just had cameras and an HDRI in it. Starting from a blank file, importing everything from the corrupt scene (even the render preset), solved the problem for me.

2019-05-02, 00:09:13
Reply #20

Luke_Wilkins_3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This really is only resolved if you leave the render running for more than an hour. If you just leave the render to run its course, you will eventually see it continue. Trust me, I've been using Corona for over 4 years now. It does this alot. It just stops responding. If you leave it, it will respond again. Go out for a beer or 2, have a cup of tea and play a game on your PS4. Come back and it works. It is a shame that current tech doesn't show you what really is happening behind the curtain.

2019-05-03, 13:29:26
Reply #21

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
This really is only resolved if you leave the render running for more than an hour. If you just leave the render to run its course, you will eventually see it continue. Trust me, I've been using Corona for over 4 years now. It does this alot. It just stops responding. If you leave it, it will respond again. Go out for a beer or 2, have a cup of tea and play a game on your PS4. Come back and it works. It is a shame that current tech doesn't show you what really is happening behind the curtain.
I agree with what you said. It happens all the time to me as well.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2020-11-24, 15:49:17
Reply #22

DustinMoore

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I left it running all night and still frozen.

2020-11-27, 09:09:39
Reply #23

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I left it running all night and still frozen.
Hi,

Please submit a new thread explaining your issue. This one is pretty old and maybe have a different route cause.

Can you provide also the following information;
Corona version
3ds Max version
What exactly you were doing at the time
If possible your 3ds max scene
If possible a minidump from the freeze.

Instructions on how to send the files to us are in my signiture.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!