Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 128936 times)

2017-03-10, 17:35:46
Reply #465

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hello everyone!
I cant change the size of Frame Buffer in IR mode. Dont mind if the resolution in common parameters also if i change the size in the FB.
Always going back to the same size as in the beggining.
Example; If I set a resoluton of 1500x1500 px or 3500x3500 (any square resolution), FB is set itself in 505x505 px, if i try change the size of the frame buffer again is going back to 505x505 px.

If you use a 4K monitor then is a known problem unfortunately... :(

Dionysios -

I bumped the priority of this fix in our task tracking system. In the meantime, what font scaling % are you using?

Thank you Ondra!

Is my home workstation so I need to check tonight, don't remember exactly now.

2017-03-11, 00:35:14
Reply #466

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Current daily after some time of rendering, framebuffer will stop responding to changes (will change value, but it will not reflect), and can't stop, neither of 3 options will return 3dsMax back to scene.
Interestingly, cpu will stop rendering, and DR nodes will finish (although main WS won't collect new passes or even throw up the window).

Is this the bug people were reporting about not being able to close render without hard-quitting 3dsMax ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-03-11, 00:40:26
Reply #467

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Current daily after some time of rendering, framebuffer will stop responding to changes (will change value, but it will not reflect), and can't stop, neither of 3 options will return 3dsMax back to scene.
Interestingly, cpu will stop rendering, and DR nodes will finish (although main WS won't collect new passes or even throw up the window).

Is this the bug people were reporting about not being able to close render without hard-quitting 3dsMax ?

All these issues seem the same to me...

Thanks Juraj.

2017-03-11, 00:52:10
Reply #468

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Fuh, thankfully 3dsMax was kind enough to let me save the scene just fine :- ).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2017-03-11, 01:01:53
Reply #469

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Yes I did the same these day except of one which at the end I missed it... :(
I switched back to the January build for now and everything is fine.

2017-03-11, 01:20:21
Reply #470

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I reported this about a dozen times for the last 3 or 4 dailies with no acknowledgment from anyone I thought I was the only one. In my case Max quits and shuts down all by itself though. I am thinking since my voice is not important I will let the team here figure things out from now on. I will only use a daily when others report it is fine from now on.

2017-03-11, 01:36:06
Reply #471

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Estimated time remaining of/+ target noise level %....I'm in heaven
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2017-03-11, 02:13:57
Reply #472

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I reported this about a dozen times for the last 3 or 4 dailies with no acknowledgment from anyone I thought I was the only one. In my case Max quits and shuts down all by itself though. I am thinking since my voice is not important I will let the team here figure things out from now on. I will only use a daily when others report it is fine from now on.

I Agree///
I am using last Daily from Mar 8 and on High resolution render /over 1280-720:) //  and DR mode in long time render max freezing after pressing  stop rendering button and It is possible to stop only via task manager
and hard-quitting 3dmax/// It is naturally understandable after such /stopping/ render process it is necessary to restart all slaves because /Connection failed/ massage///
But DR itself working much better without crazy number's of passes and rendering on all my slaves///
Only problem with sending job via Deadline, but about this I already reported several times also in /DR/ topic and in this topic///
And one more important thing...
It is possible to clear history about /failed/slaves, on next render session in DR tab, because These messages accumulate in an unimaginable quantity and occupy the entire space of
all Tab /DR/, especially with big number of slaves machines --- And very much interfere to see a needed information about DR current state:))
« Last Edit: 2017-03-11, 12:23:49 by denisgo22 »

2017-03-11, 11:45:52
Reply #473

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

I had the 'auto-close' version too :- ) I think it was when I coupled denoising into the whole combo.

2017-03-11, 14:47:35
Reply #474

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hello everyone!
I cant change the size of Frame Buffer in IR mode. Dont mind if the resolution in common parameters also if i change the size in the FB.
Always going back to the same size as in the beggining.
Example; If I set a resoluton of 1500x1500 px or 3500x3500 (any square resolution), FB is set itself in 505x505 px, if i try change the size of the frame buffer again is going back to 505x505 px.

If you use a 4K monitor then is a known problem unfortunately... :(

Dionysios -

I bumped the priority of this fix in our task tracking system. In the meantime, what font scaling % are you using?

Hi Ondra, I use a 150% scaling in Win10.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-11, 21:02:49
Reply #475

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
latest daily build has inconsistency with bump values, different machines different files, will keep looking.

2017-03-11, 21:15:19
Reply #476

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
inconsistency with what, previous builds? Or different computers give different results? We fixed a bug that caused incorrect texture filtering, it can change look of the scene in some cases
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-12, 04:17:17
Reply #477

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I had the 'auto-close' version too :- ) I think it was when I coupled denoising into the whole combo.

true

2017-03-13, 11:00:58
Reply #478

chopmeister

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Polymachine
I was trying out the latest daily on the newly assembled Ryzen... At first I thought it was my system behaving weird, then I noticed others here had issues with the daily as well. I've encountered the VFB not updating properly while the CPU was still rendering, and the number of passes staying still the whole time. The behavior was usually triggered by adding a region.

Love the Psycho sampler tho. :D

2017-03-13, 13:26:33
Reply #479

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was trying out the latest daily on the newly assembled Ryzen... At first I thought it was my system behaving weird, then I noticed others here had issues with the daily as well. I've encountered the VFB not updating properly while the CPU was still rendering, and the number of passes staying still the whole time. The behavior was usually triggered by adding a region.

Love the Psycho sampler tho. :D

What about render process speed itself compared with Intel ??///