Author Topic: Corona Proxy Exporter (continuous updates)  (Read 114448 times)

2015-06-28, 21:45:35

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
This is the new, rewritten-from-scratch version of the proxy exporter for Corona. Some things work differently, most limitations are not present in this one and it will get regular updates/fixes.

Changes/Improvements I'm aware of ;) :
- No undo crashes
- If several selected objects are already instanced, only 1 is exported as proxy, the others use the same proxy object ( meaning: 100 instances trees only result in 1 proxy on the hdd). References are handled as well.
- Object properties are 100% retained when "Replace source objects" is checked
- wirecolor, renderable, visible to camera object properties are copied when source objects are not replaced
- Single mesh export is undoable (but will eat up some ram when used in conjunction with hundreds of objects or high face counts)

Please test it hard, report any inconsistencies and bugs. Feature requests are also welcome.

Download below.
Save the file into your "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 201x\scripts\CoronaRenderer" folder and use the already installed macroscript in max to start it (you should have a menu entry in the quad menu).
Or simply drag and drop the script into a viewport to run (or use the "Maxscript" -> "run script..." menu entries)

Changelog:
*v0.07 - [2018/05/08] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- fixed a major bug with exporting collapsed proxies which under some circumstances caused the original model(s) to be altered
*v0.06 - [2016/09/27] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- added suppressing of collapse warnings
*v0.05 - [2016/06/28] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- By user request: When a group is selected prior to opening the exporter, the "Combined Proxy name"
   textbox is set to the name of the group when the exporter rollout opens
*v0.04 - [2015/11/02] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- fix: proxies are always exported as animation
- undo can be disabled for exporting hundreds of objects => tremendous speedup
- some other minor speed improvements
- changed .cproxy to .cgeo
*v0.03 - [2015/09/10] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- animated proxy support (requires build of 2015/09/10 yyyy/mm/dd or later)
*v0.02 - [2015/07/22] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- code documentation
- fixed: output path cancel crashes the script
- changed default path
*v0.01 - [2015/06/28] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- initial beta release of the rewritten exporter

« Last Edit: 2018-05-08, 21:21:47 by DeadClown »
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-07-06, 13:06:53
Reply #1

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Since there's no feedback yet I assume it's working fine for those who tried it.
If there are any suggestions, bugs or wishes, please let me know. This one will be replacing the older Proxy exporter and be shipped with the next Corona installer!

2015-07-06, 13:14:15
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Since there's no feedback yet I assume it's working fine for those who tried it.
If there are any suggestions, bugs or wishes, please let me know. This one will be replacing the older Proxy exporter and be shipped with the next Corona installer!

You'll get feedback once it is shipped with installer. ;) People are probably too comfortable with the older one to check this out.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-07-06, 13:41:26
Reply #3

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I guess so ;) It's like max beta, everyone is too lazy to try the new build and report the shitload of bugs and once it's released everyone is pissed because the new release is crap :D

2015-07-07, 21:35:54
Reply #4

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Is there a way to have a proxy to mesh converter in the same script-dialog? i mean the revert back option for a proxy

2015-07-08, 09:17:34
Reply #5

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Is there a way to have a proxy to mesh converter in the same script-dialog? i mean the revert back option for a proxy

Why would you need that option in the script?
If you right click on a proxy object, a quad menu opens with the option "convert to mesh"

2015-07-08, 18:11:09
Reply #6

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz

2015-07-09, 09:31:17
Reply #7

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2015-09-10, 13:03:42
Reply #8

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
New version is up, supporting animated proxies. You will need a current daily build (2015/09/10) to use it.
Download link in the first post.

*v0.03 - [2015/09/10]
- animated proxy support (requires build of 2015/09/10 yyyy/mm/dd or later)

2015-11-03, 09:48:01
Reply #9

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Another update, but this one also ships with Corona 1.3

*v0.04 - [2015/11/02]
- fix: proxies are always exported as animation
- undo can be disabled for exporting hundreds of objects => tremendous speedup
- some other minor speed improvements
- changed .cproxy to .cgeo

2016-06-14, 23:02:53
Reply #10

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Which is the latest (and considered best) way to convert in this case Vray proxies to Corona? Is that the script that is executed by the converter in Corona 1.4?

2016-06-15, 00:35:58
Reply #11

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm suspecting this script causes some severe crashes for me. I have some work done in Vray that I've moved over to Corona and I can save the file fine up to the point I'm using the proxy converter. If I convert the scene with the 'convert proxies' unchecked everything is fine, but if I run the proxy converter it will crash on save. The conversion appears to work and the proxies are Corona proxies, but the scene eventually crashes

Are there any documented limitations on the proxy converter? I'm on Win 10, Max 2016 and Corona 1.4 with Forest Pack 5.05

2016-06-15, 01:04:43
Reply #12

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Please report any crashes directly to the corona devs (in a thread in the bug reporting section, with a minidump and/or scene if possible). The script can do a lot of stupid things, but if it creates a proxy that crashes max then it's definitely a corona problem ;)

There are no known issues with the proxy converter afaik.

2016-06-15, 02:52:04
Reply #13

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, will do. At the moment I need to finish the scene in Vray, but will come back with a report then.

So I interpret your answer with that it shouldn't be a problem to convert Vray proxies even if they are part of a Forest Pack scatter?

2016-06-28, 10:46:18
Reply #14

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Small update :)

*v0.05 - [2016/06/28] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- By user request: When a group is selected prior to opening the exporter, the "Combined Proxy name"
textbox is set to the name of the group when the exporter rollout opens