Author Topic: HDRI environment lighting  (Read 9592 times)

2015-05-09, 22:39:23

hugojackson18

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys.

I'm trying to set up a really simple environment lighting with a HDR map in a sphere, but I can't managed to do it in Corona.
Whenever I put an hdr image in the image slot of the Color/Map tab in the render settings, it just renders black. I can see the alpha so it's rendering, but it's not taking any lighting information from my hdr map. And I can't seem to find a SkyDome sphere where I could actually control the exposure of my hdr map, like I would in Arnold for exemple.
Am I missing something or is this a feature not yet implemented? If it is, what's the workflow?

Thanks a lot

2015-05-09, 22:49:35
Reply #1

hugojackson18

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It seems like plugging an HDR map in an area light doesn't work either. That would be a really nice feature to implement, if it's not already!

Btw incredible job on everything haggi. Thanks for everything you're doing!

2015-05-10, 00:06:27
Reply #2

hugojackson18

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I'm just really dumb, considering hdr are not supported. I just need to convert to exr! Sorry bout that

2015-05-10, 00:20:09
Reply #3

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe I should throw an error message if anyone tries to use a incompatible image file, or convert it automatically to exr, lets see what I can do.

2015-05-10, 00:36:22
Reply #4

hugojackson18

• Active Users
    • View Profile
An error message would be great. But I've converted all my maps to exr and now it works perfectly obviously.

One thing though, because there is no physical object that i can rotate in the viewport that is connected to the HDR, I can't manage to rotate the map . Changing the parameters in the place2dTexture doesn't change anything. How could I rotate it to have my lighting rotating?

EDIT:
And any tips on how to make the intensity of the map stronger? The Exposure parameter in the file node doesn't seem to be supported (it isn't in arnold either btw, so it would be amazing if Corona supports it!)

EDIT EDIT:
Ok my mistake, the Exposure parameter IS supported and working perfectly! I wish I would stop being so dumb today and moving the parameters of the wrong file node.... Although the place2dTexture still has no effect

Thanks a lot Haggi
« Last Edit: 2015-05-10, 00:46:25 by hugojackson18 »

2015-05-10, 12:36:00
Reply #5

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunatly the environment color map can only use the file texture name, no other settings. I'll try it again to solve this problem but I cannot promise anything.