29 (16.6%)
Proxy plugin
25 (14.3%)
Scatter plugin
29 (16.6%)
Material override
7 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Author Topic: Alpha v4 wishlist  (Read 53716 times)

2015-06-13, 11:10:13
Reply #45

pBarrelas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Although very welcomed, a node-based material system isn't the priority here. There are a lot of more important features to implement before it!

2015-06-13, 11:57:14
Reply #46

alfaromex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Shadown Catcher material and interactive render

2015-06-13, 12:08:43
Reply #47

Visual Pie Workroom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.visual-pie.com
1) build in node-base material editor
Rocks! +1

2015-06-13, 13:29:31
Reply #48

con12

• Active Users
    • View Profile
node-base material editor

It let building a complex material in a user-friendly manner and speeding up the workflow a lot, as 3ds max does. More & more CG package come with a node base material editor,  Keyshot 6, LuxBlend, Octane for Cinema 4D ..etc.

Keyshot 6, Material Graph (node-base material editor) at 0:15/1:25

Hope Corona team can consider abt. that.
Btw, thks for your great work , cheers !

2015-06-14, 01:15:45
Reply #49

alekba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
V3 bring some nice features..... bump and light are still toooo strong, but it has already become a trademark, and gradually getting used to it :D
Seriously, are there any plans for integration Cinema Hair?  It has wide application not only for hair, grass. With Corona scatter this be killer combo.

2015-06-15, 14:20:26
Reply #50

emmo89

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra, is now avaible the override option to assign 1 material to all the scene? for me it's the biggest lack at the moment

2015-06-17, 00:08:42
Reply #51

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Stacking material tags.
It's essential to add "labels" (alpha textures) to base materials with different material settings and different mapping settings.
Imagine a tiled floor with some stains on it.

2015-06-17, 01:36:59
Reply #52

illbru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra, is now avaible the override option to assign 1 material to all the scene? for me it's the biggest lack at the moment
+1!

2015-06-17, 10:16:43
Reply #53

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, adding material override to the list ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-06-17, 10:46:14
Reply #54

illbru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A feature that i'd really like to see is the possibility to choose which different texture (of the same material)  to display in the mapped object.
This is present in maxwell and i really appreciate it, i try to explain better: If you have a material with a diffuse plain color and a bump map you can choose to display that bump map instead of the diffuse color, this helps a lot to interactive map an object or set texure size.
Why no one is taking this in consideration? I think it is very useful, do you have any other workaround to do this?

2015-06-17, 11:52:30
Reply #55

emmo89

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A feature that i'd really like to see is the possibility to choose which different texture (of the same material)  to display in the mapped object.
This is present in maxwell and i really appreciate it, i try to explain better: If you have a material with a diffuse plain color and a bump map you can choose to display that bump map instead of the diffuse color, this helps a lot to interactive map an object or set texure size.
Why no one is taking this in consideration? I think it is very useful, do you have any other workaround to do this?

It's also a nice feature of 3ds max that cinema miss. It will be very helpfull. One more thing that is primary importance for me is the render region in the picture viewer. I'm trying to do a commercial work but without this feature and the one that i mentioned before, it is very difficult to me to close it. I also noticed a big aliasing around area lights.
Anyway, great job till now!

2015-06-17, 17:26:07
Reply #56

illbru

• Active Users
    • View Profile

It's also a nice feature of 3ds max that cinema miss. It will be very helpfull. One more thing that is primary importance for me is the render region in the picture viewer. I'm trying to do a commercial work but without this feature and the one that i mentioned before, it is very difficult to me to close it. I also noticed a big aliasing around area lights.
Anyway, great job till now!

Thank you! I don't feel alone anymore! :)

Render region is possible, i made same question some posts before, here's the answer:

@illbru

- First you have to open a irr(interective render region)
- Select the size you want
- open render settings/output
- tick render region, and select "copy from IRR"

and thats it.. next time you render to picture viewer.. it will only render the region you choose!

another way (the one I use)

just open IRR... select render region.. and use this script to directly render to picture viewer

*script on attachments*
install script under library/scripts .. it can be later inserted on layout using palettes customization !

hope I helped somehow :)

2015-06-18, 11:56:29
Reply #57

wlfalex

• Users
    • View Profile
Corona_Multilight ! It is very important future for unbias renders!

2015-06-19, 14:15:57
Reply #58

smz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
multiple materials on same object
panorama 360

2015-06-19, 15:55:16
Reply #59

grimm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Distributed rendering and compositing tag please.