Author Topic: Corona for 1 additional software  (Read 68944 times)

2013-04-24, 15:32:44

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
There is a guy who will start implementation of Corona into 1 new 3D package immediately as a bachelor thesis assignment. Since Maya will be hopefully handled by the OpenMaya project, and there won't be Corona for Blender, we don't know what software to do next. There is a poll, but its results are completely skewed by some raid of C4D users from Russia. So I would like to ask for your opinion on what software would be most suitable.

Our criteria are
  • Free/very cheap licence and SDK for university students
  • Wide user base in need of a realistic renderer
  • General good health of the package (is fast, capable of production work, active development, generally bug-free, ...)
  • Ease-of-use of the application for end users
  • Reasonable C++ API
  • Plenty of documentation/example implementations of plugins
  • Official support for developers (e.g. discussion forums)

Our candidates are
  • Modo
  • Cinema 4D
  • Softimage

I am not making a poll this time (since it would only result in another raid), but I would like to ask the active Corona users for their input on the matter - ideally a statement WHY is one software better/worse candidate.

Discuss:
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-24, 15:48:44
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Softimage is certainly the least interesting candidate for several reasons:

- It is strongly VFX/Animation based software, and that is the area where Corona still lacks a lot of proper solutions and features.

- The community is not that large

- They have very good integration with Arnold, and i do not think we want to go in war with Arnold at this time

I would prefer Modo, as it is more Viz oriented software, while C4D seems to be aimed more at motion graphics. Also, Modo's pricing policy is a bit more reasonable than C4D's, and Modo is overall really great software but lacks a good renderer.

Unfortunatelly, i have no idea which of the two is more 3rd party renderer friendly.

2013-04-24, 16:04:24
Reply #2

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
i think there is a lot of users for cinema4D especially that the next release will be a great combination with the next Aftereffects cs7 and it's a great thing for motion designers and 3d artists; so i can imagine corona renderer profiting of this big advantage of the next cinema4d that will grab  a lot more users.

2013-04-24, 16:08:55
Reply #3

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I also think that Cinema4D is the best choice - It's the most intelligent choice:
- many users interested in a fast archviz renderer
- many users pissed by the current available solutions for c4d
- maya/softimage have both special groups of users which imho need more fx capabilities.

For me, it's not a very difficult decision, especially for a commercial product.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-04-24, 16:25:22
Reply #4

NinthJake

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also think that C4D integration would be the most logical choice. Softimage is (as previously stated) more geared towards VFX and Modo already has a very strong render engine that is pretty similar to Corona. Cinema 4D also has the biggest userbase out of the three alternatives so it's logically the best choice.

However speaking out of pure "want" I would say that Modo is deserving of another render engine :)

2013-04-24, 16:28:07
Reply #5

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture
I choose Modo for:
-I think  the most popular render engine for modo at the moment is it's internal render engine; on the contrary cinema4d has a wide range of vray user, an implementation of mental ray an all other package (modo too) like maxwell and arion
-modo is cheaper then cinema4d and has everything in one version not prime/broadcast/visualization/studio...I heard someone saying that the price will increase, but at the moment is cheaper, maybe in the future there will be time for other implementation like cinema
-modo doesn't need thousand of third party plugins, for example scatter proxy, that cause a change in the corona code.
-modo has connection with nuke (!!!!)

My first thoughts....

2013-04-24, 18:51:22
Reply #6

vicnaum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I guess Cinema4D is good for now. Why?

- Modo is great for modelling and good for creepy guys like Houdini & Naiad fans. Although it's a compelling project, but not much popular.
- Modo has it's own internal "corona", and I heard it's good. Why need another one? :)
- Softimage is for vfx pro's & geeks. It's like more for prMan, Arnold, etc... but not for Corona.
- Cinema left :-) It's popular. Cheap. Simple. Etc, etc, etc. And it also has everything ported to it - vrays, shmirays, etc. So Corona should be ported to it too.

I don't have anything against Modo, even like it more than Cinema (although I didn't touch it yet, as Cinema either). But let Modo be second. And Cinema first.

That's my humble little emotional opinion.

2013-04-25, 02:18:00
Reply #7

Realish

CINEMA 4D for sure.  Like everyone says it's made to do VFX.  Corona is so fast it can easily be used to give high quality animations of VFX work.  Modo is still struggling with anything animation related.  Modo is also buggy, crashes, and got a lot of users mad at it from the last release because they didn't go the direction the users wanted.  In contrast if I ever use C4D and it crashes I am in complete shock and soon realize it probably crashed because of a plugin I just installed.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-25, 02:21:18 by Realish »

2013-04-25, 07:38:05
Reply #8

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well from those candidates I think cinema4d makes most sense... Softimage indeed has good arnold integration but arnold itself is close to unusable for archviz (extremely slow for doing interior GI) on other hand, there's not that much archviz done using XSI as there are with cinema or modo.

2013-04-25, 10:35:49
Reply #9

arleksey

• Users
    • View Profile
+1 for Cinema 4D

• Cinema 4D almost has no Vray alternative renders
  • Cinema 4D`s built in physical and GI renders are not so fast as Modo`s one
  • Cinema 4D has weak materials, they look more plastic than same materials in other software
  • Cinema 4D has great built in tools for broadcast and animation, so Corona will add some "stars" for this product and...
  • Cinema 4D is the eaysiest to learn software, so it share its popularity with Corona

2013-04-25, 10:46:40
Reply #10

Angbor

• Users
    • View Profile
+ 1 for Cinema

I would love to see a C4D version of Corona. And I am totally in for testing it.

2013-04-25, 11:33:20
Reply #11

morozzzzz

• Users
    • View Profile
I consider that Corona has to be integrated exactly in Cinema 4d. It speaks for itself that Adobe together with Maxon integrated Cinema 4d into its product so it means there is a demand! I will be glad, if Corona appears in Cinema 4d))) As it is a very good alternative of Vray!

2013-04-25, 12:26:09
Reply #12

Visual Pie Workroom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.visual-pie.com
+1 for Cinema 4D
My choice is unambiguous - Cinema4d has no alternative but to vray4C4D, which lags behind its competitor 3dmax
« Last Edit: 2013-04-25, 13:14:43 by Bioswamp »

2013-04-25, 12:43:21
Reply #13

c4dizel

C4D,  i hope.

2013-04-25, 12:44:09
Reply #14

NikitaGontarev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I work in Cinema4D.  (+)
definitely buy this render.

2013-04-25, 12:50:20
Reply #15

fxi

• Users
    • View Profile
+1 for Cinema 4D

2013-04-25, 12:53:09
Reply #16

scream

C4D most popular 3d program in Rus )

2013-04-25, 13:00:37
Reply #17

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Awww, another raid :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-25, 13:04:04
Reply #18

iliyang

• Active Users
    • View Profile

You should have warned people that you will only count the opinion of users who have registered before asking the original question :)

Having that said, I also agree that Cinema4D is the better choice. It seems to be a more established product, with a larger user base. This will give Corona better publicity, which is important for initial adoption.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-25, 13:06:50 by iliyang »

2013-04-25, 14:04:47
Reply #19

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You should have warned people that you will only count the opinion of users who have registered before asking the original question :)

If I've learned anything from the Daily builds thread, it is that people only see what they want ;)

2013-04-25, 14:05:15
Reply #20

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, this is again going to be nonsense here but anyways, I think the valid posts (with arguments!) made clear that there is a trend towards c4d.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-04-25, 14:29:14
Reply #21

shevchenkoserj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No one software frome these list dont needs corona-render so much as a cinema4d. It will be greate tool for architects and designers which  prefer simplicity and    logicality at work.
student-architect,designer
Corona is developed by the artists for the artists

2013-04-25, 14:48:07
Reply #22

Visual Pie Workroom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.visual-pie.com
"From Russia with Love")))......this is not spam, and not raid))) It is only the desire to give you as a developer, to understand that you have to go in the direction of the more popular products based on their specialization. Visualization as such.

2013-04-25, 15:06:44
Reply #23

arleksey

• Users
    • View Profile

this is not a raid, as my friends wrote

in Russia we have a very strong c4d community which was very impressed with your render and when we saw you`ve started a poll we start to give you our feedback.

2013-04-25, 15:20:21
Reply #24

wlf_alex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+10
we need for Cinema 4D
« Last Edit: 2013-04-25, 15:25:15 by wlf_alex »

2013-04-25, 16:48:09
Reply #25

NikitaGontarev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am an architect-designer, I have the desire to integrate corona in C4D.  I WILL BUY! :)

2013-04-25, 20:17:56
Reply #26

wlf_alex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I will buy too. Has already prepared the money. ;-)

2013-04-26, 08:43:38
Reply #27

Alexx

• Users
  • Motion designer, composer, music arranger, artist.
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio:
VRay for Cinema4D works like shit. I hate Stefan and Co cuz they don't carry their promises about updates timeframe, bugs fix etc.

I think about Adobe and Maxon integreation. It seems that lots of ppl will start using C4D bcoz of this integratoin. Maybe you should also think about this ;)
All readers of this text are fictional.

2013-04-26, 12:51:21
Reply #28

Han

• Active Users
  • CG generalist
    • View Profile
For users of C4D - this is very important. We are closely watching as developing Corona.
We can easily ensure the popularity of high-quality software in the Russian society C4D. We do free lessons and actively help new users to learn.

Regards.

2013-04-26, 13:44:35
Reply #29

RockKenny

2013-04-26, 14:11:38
Reply #30

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For users of C4D - this is very important. We are closely watching as developing Corona.
We can easily ensure the popularity of high-quality software in the Russian society C4D. We do free lessons and actively help new users to learn.

Regards.

Yes, that is cool, altough I am a little bit worried about this:

2013-04-26, 23:34:08
Reply #31

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, after considering the options we have decided to start Corona for Cinema 4D.

2013-04-27, 16:22:05
Reply #32

wlf_alex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is excellent news!

2013-04-27, 18:25:27
Reply #33

Han

• Active Users
  • CG generalist
    • View Profile
Piracy is everywhere in Germany and in the U.S., but they did not ask for this information in Google, they use torrents.
Piracy should be seen as free advertising and PR.
A good example of a policy of Autodesk.
Usually at home can stand pirated version for training, but all the official studio buy software. And buying the software that is well known and it has a lot of experts.

Cinema is also very popular in France and Germany, I think that you will have success.

2013-04-29, 12:40:50
Reply #34

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, after considering the options we have decided to start Corona for Cinema 4D.

Corona it's young and powerfull.
he has need a young and powerfull promising software like modo.
- modo has merged with the foundry that it's a huge place for promote corona.
- modo has growing very fast and enter the vfx world with the foundry merge
- the modo community is huge and ready for powerfull unbiased render.
- support for developers in the forum are welcome
- the modo user are all over the world not only in russia.
- modo is cheap
- you can do DR on unlimited render node for free
- look at the modo gallery the huge amount of good render. but lack in real photorealism.
- all modo product, kit, plugin (when they are usefull) sell well.
- i'm not against c4d users so why not make for both c4d user and modo user
- sotimage in production has already arnorld in place.
- vray for most poeple is the saint graal (why ?? i don't no) for archviz rendering. it integrated in all other app like c4d softimage maya max
- modo learning and use is fast.
- i could find many other arguments

Free/very cheap licence and SDK for university students : YES
    Wide user base in need of a realistic renderer : YES
    General good health of the package (is fast, capable of production work, active development, generally bug-free, ...) : YES
    Ease-of-use of the application for end users : YES

Reasonable C++ API - I DONT KNOW BUT I THINK YES
    Plenty of documentation/example implementations of plugins  I DONT KNOW
    Official support for developers (e.g. discussion forums) : YES
« Last Edit: 2013-04-29, 12:52:05 by kahein »
Asus Z10PE-D16 WS / Dual Xeon E5-2690 v4 @ 2.60GHz / RAM 64 Go - GTX 970
Win 10 / Max 2017 / Corona 1.4

2013-04-29, 18:39:44
Reply #35

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry man ;). If I get additional programmer, or Cinema4D turns out to be not viable, modo will be considered again.

2013-05-03, 10:35:18
Reply #36

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
glad to hear this.
I hope you get more Dev to port it on both.
good luck
Asus Z10PE-D16 WS / Dual Xeon E5-2690 v4 @ 2.60GHz / RAM 64 Go - GTX 970
Win 10 / Max 2017 / Corona 1.4

2013-05-22, 18:07:09
Reply #37

siliconbauhaus

• Users
    • View Profile
Looks like I missed the boat here.

I'd like to see a version as a standalone that I can export to from sketchup.

2013-07-04, 20:22:03
Reply #38

nospitters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Soulcage Department
hi all

i would say that corona should be implemented in the major autodesk products:
3d max
maya
softimage

they work hand in hand and with this, corona can cover all aspects of 3d producton like archvis, animation, character animation, simulation, dynamic simulation, hair, particles, fluids, etc.

modo has already a very good renderer and with the new character animation tools, modo want to go in that "animation market"...the same goes for cinema4d.

my opinion...
« Last Edit: 2013-07-04, 20:25:26 by nospitters »

2013-07-14, 19:23:42
Reply #39

Abyssis

hi guyzz,

why not for Rhino too?
would be great...

cheerzz

2013-07-23, 17:33:05
Reply #40

roman78

modo afaik have good and fast default render, c4d... don't know, i use softimage and can descript situation from "inside SI":
- we have arnold with very good intergation, he best for outdoor and more instances (like forest or grass). You don't war with arnold in this field. I like arnold, but he useless for indoor.
- we have mental. He not good for indoor and can't make BIG outdoor like arnold.
- we have vray (now all have vray :)). All 3dmax users say he fast for indoor, need taught... or mb corona? SI users only recently have vray and still he don't "took place" in hearts and minds. If corona a little bit better\faster\stable than vray for indoor you can easy get SI users

Sorry for my eng.

ps. SI have tool for "convert" (replace) shaders phong\architectural\etc - http://felixgeremus.com/?cat=3#mm_shadertools

« Last Edit: 2013-07-25, 00:02:42 by roman78 »

2013-07-23, 22:06:26
Reply #41

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Just a random and probably impossible thought: Corona would be really kick ass together with Terragen.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-07-23, 22:50:13
Reply #42

arcvs

If someone says XSI has Arnold it means he actually never seen it. There could be no competition between Arnold and Corona, they are aimed on different things.

Softimage:
Free/very cheap licence and SDK for university students
Autodesk student license

Wide user base in need of a realistic renderer
Not wide unfortunately.

General good health of the package
Superior tech to other two packages. Fast, capable, stable. Not developed anymore aside from plugins (same applies to Max btw).

Ease-of-use of the application for end users
Quite user friendly. Best node editor for materials of all major 3d packages. Great passes system.

2013-08-02, 08:47:53
Reply #43

Richy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My vote goes Cinema 4D.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-01, 14:30:03 by Richy »

2013-10-22, 19:14:15
Reply #44

Mazzzy

I want to ask there will be a Corona version for the SketchUP ?

2013-10-24, 17:27:31
Reply #45

poko

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2013-11-24, 00:37:52
Reply #46

tanguybod

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2013-11-26, 07:26:25
Reply #47

teknikarsitek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I want to ask there will be a Corona version for the SketchUP ?
yes .. sketchup please

2014-01-13, 19:33:50
Reply #48

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
That is an interesting set of options.

1. MODO:
My vote would be here. I think it has the most room to grow, and a great set of tools for modeling. I also like that they are now partnered with the Foundry, and the possibilities with the Nuke integration for comping all the beautiful Corona EXR passes :)

2. C4D:

In Toronto it is used heavily in broadcast animation. So unless there will be a bunch of options for animation, and all the tricks that go into it for that type of work, I am not sure if its the best option? But For the C4D users who do Archvis stuff, I'm sure they would have other opinions?

3. XSI:

I think this is not a smart choice as they have Arnold, and is very animation/VFX focused.

EDIT: Saw the post above about Arnold. I think it fills the need for what people do with XSI. But I do agree it is the most out of all of them to need a realistic render!
« Last Edit: 2014-01-13, 19:37:55 by davemahi »

2014-01-14, 09:43:37
Reply #49

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 sketchup or cinema 4d

2014-01-14, 10:01:55
Reply #50

Elviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Elviz 3D Visual Arts
Cinema 4D
Elviz - 3D Visual Arts
www.elviz.co.il
elirender@gmail.com

2014-01-14, 13:55:36
Reply #51

MastStudio

I am new to this forum and to corona but its amazing. I personally just feel limited with 3ds max (maya, rhino & modo user).
I just really agree with those who thinks modo and corona would be a perfect match!! I have used modo since 301 and I love it wonderful modeller. But the renderer always lets me down and i think all the people who are trying to make high quality archviz.. exterior and interior shots with modo feels the same... total disappointment.
Foundry is pushing modo towards studios and new users and its in general very exciting times we just need a renderer like corona.

2014-01-14, 16:22:41
Reply #52

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
I am new to this forum and to corona but its amazing. I personally just feel limited with 3ds max (maya, rhino & modo user).
I just really agree with those who thinks modo and corona would be a perfect match!! I have used modo since 301 and I love it wonderful modeller. But the renderer always lets me down and i think all the people who are trying to make high quality archviz.. exterior and interior shots with modo feels the same... total disappointment.
Foundry is pushing modo towards studios and new users and its in general very exciting times we just need a renderer like corona.

I agree that Modo would have been the better option over C4D. I wish you did not feel that 3ds Max was limiting, it may be old and not the prettiest on the block, but it is a beast to get so many different types of work done, and fast! It worries me a bit how people think of Max. I have used C4D and love the interface, but it is no replacement for Max.

But back to Modo. It has the better chance for Archvis/product desing users that is for sure, and the partner ship with the Foundry is huge.

2014-01-15, 14:32:43
Reply #53

szymonsz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
MODO - it lacks a high quality render engine.

Cinema has vray - what they need corona for ? Okay I know ;] everyone these times wants corona. But Corona for Modo wouldt have any competition - modo doesnt have vray plugin. Corona would be the only choice for modo

2014-01-15, 17:46:09
Reply #54

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
not only cinema has vray... Maya has vray too.. the point is not witch software has others engines to render. The point is corona is just superior.. so we want it in cinema4d, maya etc etc

2014-01-16, 16:29:00
Reply #55

MastStudio

But potential wise Modo is much more interesting (sure I am personally interested:))! There is as mentioned NO competing plugins! its a very modern modeller! and has a faster growing userbase than the others... And more importantly because of the foundry.

2014-04-11, 13:31:23
Reply #56

Pixelatedvertex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for modo, it's already a great software and has a very fast growing user base, currently, there is a lack of 3rd party renderes for modo, none except for maxwell, but octane is currently in beta stage and chaos group has officially announced vray for modo, that should be ready in a few months. So putting corona's foot in the door here before the competition snatches up most of the users would seem like a good move, in my opinion.
also, the foundry seems like a great bunch of guys to communicate with on matters of plugin development.

2014-04-11, 13:45:56
Reply #57

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The problem is, that the lack of other renderers usually indicates some hidden problem either in user base, licencing, or technical stuff

2014-04-11, 14:01:19
Reply #58

Pixelatedvertex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My guess would be, the lack of 3rd party renderers could be a mixture of modo being "the new kid on the block" and its default renderer being good to a point, where it could be considered serious competition for most other renderers (considering it comes with modo for free and the level of integration). As for user base and licencing, i can't imagine any problems there, there's a lot of 3rd party stuff (not rendering related) popping up for modo and the users seem to be buying it. About the technical aspect of the implementation, I can't say anything on that, being programming-illiterate, but the foundry boasts about a great API for modo, so I have no reason for not believing them, at least until I hear otherwise from someone who understands this stuff better than I do.

Either way, the decision has been made, so i'll keep hoping for some skilled programmer to come along in near future to help with modo integration.

2014-04-11, 15:18:15
Reply #59

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
The Modo is hardly new kid on the block after almost 8 major releases. If it's a kid, then it's more like that 30 years old guy who still lives in his parents' basement playing online games all the day and night :)

Modo API may not be that bad, bud considering that there are no properly integrated 3rd party renderers (not just exporters), maybe except Slowwell, it's probably not so awesome either. The biggest problem why no one is pushing their renderer in Modo is IMHO Shadertree solution. It is incredibly hostile to both 3rd party renderers and users. So that's probably one of the major obstacles.

2014-04-12, 04:50:27
Reply #60

tanguybod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well guys, you will have to admit that after the ceath of Softimage, HOUDINI should be its legitimate heir. Arnold is developped for Houd right, now. HtoA is top but still, there are a lot of space for new engine in Houdini. Mantra is an awesome renderer BUT way to tecky for the average user and it is a pain in the ass to find good lighter... because of the lack of shader and the nerdy oriented Mantra engine. Even if I an a fond of it, I am looking forward for another professional grade render engine for HOUDINI. I am not spitting on ArchViz, but a real engine should open its door to other part of the world. HOUDINI is part of it and with all the guys being put out of work literally by AD, most of them will migrate to HOUDINI just because of the mindset they developed along Softimage.
So once AGAIN, think of HOUDINI !

And on top of that it is an awesome community with talented people as well. SideFX are I am sure, thrilling to engage a decent battle to win over AD.

Tang

2014-04-17, 11:48:57
Reply #61

Zbychowaty

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • http://www.behance.net/OporskiArchitektura
Modo:) And we knows why :) Take look at price for Modo and price for Cinema...
« Last Edit: 2014-04-17, 12:03:36 by Zbychowaty »

2014-08-26, 00:50:10
Reply #62

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wonder why not much people have been asking for sketchup...

Probably because renderboys goes around internet while architects aren't really interested...
Too me the integration of Maxwell into sketchup is pretty amazing & effective.

Just being curious, why wasn't it an option ? Just related to votes ?

2014-09-08, 20:12:00
Reply #63

vzor

• Users
    • View Profile
So Corona for C4d is here! This is a very good news for all of us!
And what about some awesomeness for Modo?
Who is next actually?)

2014-10-13, 22:08:19
Reply #64

numerobis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would like to see corona for sketchup!

I use 3DSmax and Sketchup for archviz - currently with Maxwell. Great combination so far, especially because you can link complex objects build in max to sketchup scenes using mxs-references. It would be great to have something like this for corona.

2014-10-22, 10:16:26
Reply #65

peterhanvey

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, was interested to know if any work is under going on integration with sketchup ?

2014-11-07, 22:59:36
Reply #66

TaranQ

• Users
    • View Profile
Corona for Lightwave !!

2017-04-14, 07:54:40
Reply #67

Micha

• Users
    • View Profile
Corona for Rhino would be a great deal.

Some points to do it:
* very good pricing and so a wide user base from hobby to pro user, cheap for students
* NURBS data based - used by architects and designers, since production data can be direct handled and created
* lively development, lively community

2017-09-18, 09:45:11
Reply #68

haffy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A version for Modo would be great, as for us freelancers the price of Modo is highly relevant and with a renderer like Corona we would have a solid solution that we as freelancers can grow with.
I today use Octane in Modo, but need more ram to handle larger scenes for one example. And that's where corona would come in. I have been looking at Max and C4D to get access to Corona, but the price is to high for me at the moment. And not to talk about the learning time..

Som feture requests would be.

1. Highly integrated with Modo, no need to use a separate window for making shaders or light. Exept for special shaders, like V-Ray for Modo is.
2. Displacement maps, stack able on one shader.
3. Some great support for instances/replicators to make dence nature.
4. F-stops at the camera, not a scale.
5. Able to save shaders for later use, in a simple way. One click of a button would be great.

I would buy it in an alpha stage if this is going to be real.