Author Topic: (just another) noise problem  (Read 2760 times)

2015-02-08, 20:38:21

hrvojezg00

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.as-soba.com
I`m currently doing a dark interior and have some problems with noise. Scene is lit by alot of IES lights, some light materials and corona sky. What can I do to deal with the noise? Increase the light samples multiplier or something else? This is what I get at 200 passes.

2015-02-10, 15:03:48
Reply #1

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I`m currently doing a dark interior and have some problems with noise. Scene is lit by alot of IES lights, some light materials and corona sky. What can I do to deal with the noise? Increase the light samples multiplier or something else? This is what I get at 200 passes.
You have currently simple geo and after 200passes put a crap ton of Samples to antialias the image, so much infact, that it doesn't make sense.
What you see is GI noise mostly, simply double or quaddouple the GI multiplier and you will a cleaner image faster.
As for LSM, it affects mostly direct light noise only, which is the case in right shelf, thus you might wanna double that too.
In the end you will get a crap ton more rays, on less samples, which is what we want. You should see a near perfect image at 25 passes.

If you will not end up having Depth of Field or Carpets with fine hair, you shouldm prioritize Rays over samples.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2015-02-10, 15:26:10
Reply #2

hrvojezg00

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.as-soba.com
Thanks Saires, I will try that asap.

2015-02-10, 18:12:12
Reply #3

hrvojezg00

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.as-soba.com
That solves it, thanks alot!

2015-02-10, 20:33:36
Reply #4

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
That solves it, thanks alot!
Let's not get all touchy, feely :3

edit: I see avereged fireflies, if you want to speed up rendereing you can lower the MaxRayIntensity to 10 or even 5. This way you will need only half the GI rays to sample out fireflies, as they stop existing in the first place.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )