Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149547 times)

2022-03-24, 09:08:05
Reply #540

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Also experiencing the parsing bug, sometimes will just hang there until I click the render window. Corona 7, don't know if that helps anything.

3Ds Max 2022.3
Corona 7 hotfix 1
Pulze Scene Manager 2.1.0
No Forest Pack
I think I read somewhere else other people having issues with a render parsing continuously until you click in the framebuffer - think it was something to do with Pulze plugin, but can't find the thread again. Just wanted to say that this still happens in v8 RC1 and the pulze 2.2.6 beta build.
Hi, i don't have the pulze plugin and this happened to me yesterday on two servers with backburner, Corona latest build.
Thanks for sharing this, I'll add a few facts about how the parsing issue looks here:

• I don't know exactly when the issues started, I tried Max 2021, 2018, 2020, 2022 after abandoning 2016 finally. Same issue.
  • It happens on various nodes with varying hardware/Windows versions and also on fully updated W10 boxes.
  • FPP may be one cause of it but I had contact with Itoo support; they seem not to be aware of a possible parsing issue due to FPP. And if you activate debug logging for FFP, you see that the hang occurs after FPP has done its job and Corona takes over control.
  • The hang happens only if rendering more than one frame at once. The first render after loading always succeeds:
  • The hang does not happen if using material override
  • A backburner job would render one frame, then changes to the next and halts at parsing the scene (and the process looks like this as mentioned)
  • If I collect all assets into a single directory: no issues.
  • And to make it board compatible: using corona 8 doesn't change anything.

So I looked at a max process of a scene which always gets stuck with process monitor (not process explorer), seeing 3ds max register filechange callback notifications a lot of times (for every single used asset directory). Sooner or later there will be a "too many commands" response listed when trying to register a change callback which may lead to this blocking FileWatchCallback thread - and parsing is stuck.

It's my only lead in this issue. It would fit that using FFP is at least worsening the situation (many additional directories) and to the fact that it seems to work if assets are collected into a single directory and relinked - or using material override.

Good Luck
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us, it is a nightmare to debug as we are not able to reproduce it here in the office.

Can I ask that if you have a scene where you experience this, you send it over to me. As well as the hardware specification of the machine + Windows + Corona + Max versions (This is really important).

Can I also ask that when you do manage to reproduce this, can you capture a minidump during the time when parsing is frozen. This will give the devs some info on what has gone wrong and enable us to see where a problem may lie.

Instructions on how to obtain a minidump can be found in my signature. (Point 2 in How to report bugs).

Thanks for your cooperation in this, I know the bug is super annoying and I'd like to be able to get it fixed.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-03-24, 09:23:18
Reply #541

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
LUT13.cube loaded and worked fine here (Max 2022, 8 RC 2)
Hi Tom,

LUT13 not working for me either, it says " LUT file does not have standard format " but it is standard and work in other software.
also i have tested several packages of famous LUT providers like, Lutify / Lens Distortion / VSCO / Gorillla Grade / RAW Exchange / Triune and many others which gave the same exact error and not loading. I am using RC2
but my own cube file worked fine. also Johannes Lindqvist and Daniel_Reutersward, Bertrand Benoit, Dubcat and Adán Martín worked fine too. it is really strange.

Hi,

What are your system language, locale and region settings?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-03-24, 09:38:08
Reply #542

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hi Rowan,

it is a nightmare to debug as we are not able to reproduce it here in the office.

Yeah, it's also not funny not knowing if your renders are done next morning or being forced to kill threads of the max process to let parsing continue.

Can I ask that if you have a scene where you experience this, you send it over to me.

In our case it's not the scene anyway. As mentioned, when all assets are relinked into a single directory, it works. My guess is that there are two different parsing stuck issues anyway: the first regarding Corona 7 (+ ?) while using remote desktop applications and the second where Max or Corona seem to exhaust system resources and/or not releasing them after having done the first frame.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2022-03-24, 09:41:39
Reply #543

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
LUT13.cube loaded and worked fine here (Max 2022, 8 RC 2)
Hi Tom,

LUT13 not working for me either, it says " LUT file does not have standard format " but it is standard and work in other software.
also i have tested several packages of famous LUT providers like, Lutify / Lens Distortion / VSCO / Gorillla Grade / RAW Exchange / Triune and many others which gave the same exact error and not loading. I am using RC2
but my own cube file worked fine. also Johannes Lindqvist and Daniel_Reutersward, Bertrand Benoit, Dubcat and Adán Martín worked fine too. it is really strange.

Hi,

What are your system language, locale and region settings?

Thanks,

Rowan

here is my setting. English - US

2022-03-24, 14:40:26
Reply #544

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it show only .cube files in explorer when loading luts and not .3dl, please fix
Will be fixed in the next RC.

Thanks.
Send me your scene!

2022-03-26, 20:23:47
Reply #545

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
corona-8-3dsmax-RC2
3DS MAX 2022
WINDOW10

i have this messagge:
"===== Warning(-19) =====
An internal error has occurred causing your image to contain NaN (Not a Number) value.
Please report the bug with the scene attached. We can fix these problems promptly if we have the scene where it happens."

No problem in Corona 7.

Let me know if and where upload the scene.

thak you

2022-03-27, 00:20:08
Reply #546

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys!

Corona version: 8 (Release Candidate 2)

Why was "simple exposure" moved from camera controls? It's now one extra step to reach it via Edit Tone Mapping. Not good for usability. Why is Tone Mapping a separate dialog now?

Another thing I don't get is what's the purpose of the left arrow on Tone Mapping if that's the only menu to choose? To me, Tone Mapping shouldn't have any arrow on the left and the arrows on the right should all be on the left side.

But I'm all for integrating the tone mapping dialog on camera controls and not being a separate dialog.
« Last Edit: 2022-03-27, 00:32:39 by Dalton Watts »

2022-03-29, 16:53:34
Reply #547

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hello, Im not sure what this is connected to but RC2 vs RC1 renders looks a bit different.

Is this the Glow change? Or is that some other setting?

Please see the attached video, the last 85 frames were rendered using RC1.
Noise, especially on the plates, is vastly more noticeable https://we.tl/t-vxcwIiwMRa
The RC2 output has a noisy feeling same scene, with no other changes than a frame range.

It feels like RC2 vs RC1 is a downgrade in this case.
« Last Edit: 2022-03-29, 17:30:24 by Tanakov »
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2022-03-29, 19:37:28
Reply #548

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hi guys!

Corona version: 8 (Release Candidate 2)

Why was "simple exposure" moved from camera controls? It's now one extra step to reach it via Edit Tone Mapping. Not good for usability. Why is Tone Mapping a separate dialog now?

Another thing I don't get is what's the purpose of the left arrow on Tone Mapping if that's the only menu to choose? To me, Tone Mapping shouldn't have any arrow on the left and the arrows on the right should all be on the left side.

But I'm all for integrating the tone mapping dialogue on-camera controls and not being a separate dialogue.

Then you would not be able to hide Tone Mapping, the arrows help you reduce the space taken on your screen by the menus. I think it's quite ok.

I would actually like an "open all" quick button let's say "shift-click the top triangle opens all submenus"
It is kind of annoying that you have open all of that but it makes sense as some will add more than 15 options just for exposure alone I asume.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2022-03-29, 22:43:08
Reply #549

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Then you would not be able to hide Tone Mapping, the arrows help you reduce the space taken on your screen by the menus. I think it's quite ok.

There is no need for the left arrow when you open Tone Mapping Settings Editor via "Edit" on camera controls. I see the need for it when you are on Corona VFB and when you have Bloom, Glare, Sharpening, and Denoising menus below it but not here.

2022-03-30, 10:07:19
Reply #550

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
  • I don't know exactly when the issues started, I tried Max 2021, 2018, 2020, 2022 after abandoning 2016 finally. Same issue.

Update: It started using Corona 6 and later versions. I can render the scenes using Corona 5 without any parsing issues. All Corona versions, including v8 DBs cause trouble during parsing if many (bitmap) asset directories are used in the scene. It periodically even happens when swapping Xref scenes during work and you have to kill that pesky FileWatchCallback thread to continue even then.

Good Luck

2022-03-30, 11:48:33
Reply #551

Starline

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I've installed Corona 8 RC2, it works under max 2017 and 2014 but I can't load scenes made with Corona 7 Hotfix 1 in max 2014 anymore,
max is crashing. Works fine in 2017 opening 2014 scenes.

2022-03-30, 15:39:16
Reply #552

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
None of the button icons are loaded in the latest build. All the button just read as text.
Can you try running the installer again and seeing if it fixes it?

Rowan

I tried running it again, and the button icons still didn't load. For the record, I install the RC's by doing the unpack option.

It also looks like the VFB is not detecting the default installed LUT's either. I have to go in and direct it to the folder.

2022-03-30, 16:09:07
Reply #553

Yuriy Bochkaryov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Home Page
Please check the map - CoronaTonemapControl
it no longer allows tone mapping to be completely ignored
I think all the new features added to tonemapping are not controlled by this map, which makes this map useless
Thanks

2022-03-30, 16:32:19
Reply #554

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I tried running it again, and the button icons still didn't load. For the record, I install the RC's by doing the unpack option.

You have to copy Autodesk\3ds Max 20XX\UI_ln\* from the extracted files to your Max directory to make it work (also when using multiloaders to switch Corona versions).

Good Luck