Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 153320 times)

2022-03-07, 23:32:48
Reply #465

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it was a generic parameter (ie reducing the reflection) but it was happening to all - i went back to teh previous daily sorry so i cant be too specific.

Question - if my internet goes down, is there a corona offline license? 

PS - what happened to DUB CATS preset?
« Last Edit: 2022-03-08, 05:47:39 by shortcirkuit »

2022-03-08, 09:28:05
Reply #466

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IR seems to stop when changing material parameters on the latest daily.

Same here. If IR in VFB Stop button is blue, Render button is gray, Smiley face doesn't spin and IR actually stopped. To start it again I should press Stop button and then Start button.
If IR is docked Restart option doesn't start IR, it should be "stopped" first.

2022-03-08, 10:02:52
Reply #467

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Same here. If IR in VFB Stop button is blue, Render button is gray, Smiley face doesn't spin and IR actually stopped. To start it again I should press Stop button and then Start button.
If IR is docked Restart option doesn't start IR, it should be "stopped" first.
it was a generic parameter (ie reducing the reflection) but it was happening to all - i went back to teh previous daily sorry so i cant be too specific.

Question - if my internet goes down, is there a corona offline license? 

PS - what happened to DUB CATS preset?
Hi,

We have a fix for the IR issue already and it will be included in the next build.

And dubcats preset is still there, it was just renamed to "punchy filmic"

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-03-08, 13:04:17
Reply #468

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Cosmos bug:

I open it from the right-click quad menu (sidenote; is this still the only way to open it?) and it opens fine (sidenote #2, love the new non-browser interface by the way).

But then cosmos opens again.

Then again.

Sometimes I end having 4 instances of Cosmos open.

Then sometimes when I'm in slate material editor some sort of clicks force Cosmos to open again!...

No idea what's going on. I'm using daily 03/03, Max 2021.2, Windows 10.

Hope this is replicable/fixable. All the best :)
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-03-08, 13:41:53
Reply #469

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Cosmos bug:

I open it from the right-click quad menu (sidenote; is this still the only way to open it?) and it opens fine (sidenote #2, love the new non-browser interface by the way).

Then again.

Then sometimes when I'm in slate material editor some sort of clicks force Cosmos to open again!...

Hi,

That is really odd, I haven't seen that at all yet. I'll look into it, maybe you could provide a video of it happening?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-03-08, 13:53:01
Reply #470

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Cosmos bug:

Then again.

Hi,

That is really odd, I haven't seen that at all yet. I'll look into it, maybe you could provide a video of it happening?

Thanks,

Rowan

Sure thing!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezu0e7k1zyrhidm/2022-03-08%2014-26-07.mp4?dl=0

In this instance it only opened twice. And unfortunately with my dual-screen set-up it's hard to see what's happening, but I can assure you I didn't do anything other than drag the cosmos browser to the other screen.

To be honest; I have had a LOT of weird shit happening this past week. So I might not be the most reliable source for bug reporting. I went on vacation for 2 weeks and left my PC running the whole time (but didn't use it).

When I returned I installed latest Corona Daily, latest Beta Pulze Scene Manager and Helio cloud rendering app. Since then I've been dealing with constant bugs in Corona and Max. Today my Max started defaulting to ART renderer for no reason, for example.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-03-09, 14:06:53
Reply #471

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sure thing!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezu0e7k1zyrhidm/2022-03-08%2014-26-07.mp4?dl=0

In this instance it only opened twice. And unfortunately with my dual-screen set-up it's hard to see what's happening, but I can assure you I didn't do anything other than drag the cosmos browser to the other screen.

To be honest; I have had a LOT of weird shit happening this past week. So I might not be the most reliable source for bug reporting. I went on vacation for 2 weeks and left my PC running the whole time (but didn't use it).

When I returned I installed latest Corona Daily, latest Beta Pulze Scene Manager and Helio cloud rendering app. Since then I've been dealing with constant bugs in Corona and Max. Today my Max started defaulting to ART renderer for no reason, for example.
Hi,

We have managed to reproduce something very similar here. We're looking into the cause and will let you know soon.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-1382)
Send me your scene!

2022-03-10, 22:33:49
Reply #472

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Not sure if it's on my end or with the last three daily builds, the ShadowCatcher slows down the rendering by at latest 50%
Update:
It's not the ShadowCatcher but the ToneMapper when connected to ShadowCatcher that takes away lots of the juice.
« Last Edit: 2022-03-11, 10:17:59 by tallbox »
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2022-03-11, 11:41:52
Reply #473

OakCorp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • OakCorp Japan
Hello, Corona Team

Is the Physical Camera workflow not available on corona 8?

The corona camera's ISO and F-Stop do not affect the exposure.
Is the exposure adjustment only for Tone mapper?
(If so, does the Camera ISO value make sense?)

Use corona-8-3dsmax-daily-2022-03-03
OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
oakcorp.net
v-ray.jp

2022-03-11, 13:30:45
Reply #474

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I'm having a very strange behavior with latest build, when I open a scene made with previous version (corona 7) all the physical material maps are gone, they appear on the preview of the slate but inside the map there's no bitmap linked, here some screenshots, the last one appear black after double click

2022-03-11, 14:06:33
Reply #475

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Does this behaviour specific to V8? I think Corona bitmap always acted like that - when path to the bitmap has changed, it simply wipe outs old path and bitmap name cleanly, which is super annoying.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-03-11, 15:42:07
Reply #476

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me its only for v8, never have this issue before on other versions, the map completely disappears, not even left the name to search the map aging.

2022-03-11, 17:42:59
Reply #477

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, I don't see any reports or reference for this, why is this disabled, just testing todays daily and also appears on previous versions (if this si reported or explained please forgive me, I couldn't find it)

2022-03-11, 18:49:50
Reply #478

naxiu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, I don't see any reports or reference for this, why is this disabled, just testing todays daily and also appears on previous versions (if this si reported or explained please forgive me, I couldn't find it)

Try removing Simple Exposure from Tone Mapping stack, add Photographic Exposure and then use Render Settings > Camera tab > Basic photographic settings.

2022-03-11, 20:10:39
Reply #479

edgaroe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone
i just download and installed the new Chaos Render RC1 but i can't use Chaos Cosmos, a warning appeared while the installer was active... so i don't know if there are any problem with windows 11 or somethine like that.

If i can change something to make it work letme know!