Author Topic: HDRI - Multiplier Value  (Read 2018 times)

2021-07-16, 14:53:58

Mark00us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have recently been using HDRI's from PG Skies and also 3D Collective. A lot of the guides have been saying use the multiplier value (Eg 3D Collective say +32).

Where would I find this? It seams like my skies do not have the same wow factor as shown on the websites.

I have been using a physical camera with basic setting, or should I be using a corona camera?

Any help would be amazing!

2021-07-16, 14:57:32
Reply #1

Petros Proestos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Petros Proestos
Hook your hdri in OSL Environment.
There are plenty of settings there, you
can play with the exposure value.
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

2021-07-16, 15:11:00
Reply #2

Mark00us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hook your hdri in OSL Environment.
There are plenty of settings there, you
can play with the exposure value.

I’ll have a play around with them setting and see what I can do! I was using a corona bitmap with a colour correct.

Is there any changes with the physical camera I should change or just keep it standard?

2021-07-16, 15:27:39
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I have recently been using HDRI's from PG Skies and also 3D Collective. A lot of the guides have been saying use the multiplier value (Eg 3D Collective say +32).

Where would I find this? It seams like my skies do not have the same wow factor as shown on the websites.

In bitmap, or Corona bitmap parameter window expand output rollout and adjust output amount. It's essentially the same as multiplier. Keep in mind that this will increase, or decrease brightness of HDRI lighting, but won't affect quality of the lighting in any other way. If you feel that your lighting doesn't look as good as in provider's examples, it might be that you're loading HDRI with incorrect gamma.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-07-16, 16:43:39
Reply #4

Mark00us

• Active Users
    • View Profile

In bitmap, or Corona bitmap parameter window expand output rollout and adjust output amount. It's essentially the same as multiplier. Keep in mind that this will increase, or decrease brightness of HDRI lighting, but won't affect quality of the lighting in any other way. If you feel that your lighting doesn't look as good as in provider's examples, it might be that you're loading HDRI with incorrect gamma.

Thanks! Really helpful!

I have started to test around with using a different output gamma, would you say these are looking better ?

2021-07-17, 11:06:14
Reply #5

Petros Proestos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Petros Proestos
Great.
I was arnold user for five years with not the results I wanted,
that's why I switched and stay with corona.
I had the habit to use a lot of OSL, thats why my answer.
But of course Romullus and your final solution, is way better.
:)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein