Author Topic: Broblem with surface render  (Read 1279 times)

2021-05-29, 13:11:06

mpavlos

• Active Users
  • Covax
    • View Profile
Hello!

I have a problem with surface converted from nurbs to mesh. No matter how dense the mesh after converting i get artifacts (like this on the first previews below). I suppose it`s related to point/edges not welded or overlaping at some places. But even after welding this problem remains. And what is more "interesting" here that same surface in Vray does not have any issues (second). It`s smooth. Light here is 1 hdri map only.
Is there any way to solve it?
« Last Edit: 2021-05-29, 13:14:42 by mpavlos »

2021-06-08, 09:21:11
Reply #1

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe it has something to do with smoothing groups? Or normals?

2021-06-08, 16:23:03
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If the surface has explicit normals, then it might be an issue with shadow terminator fix. Can you try to go to dev/experimental rollout in render setup and set terminator shadow shift to 1.0? See if that helps.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-10, 16:27:40
Reply #3

mpavlos

• Active Users
  • Covax
    • View Profile
If the surface has explicit normals, then it might be an issue with shadow terminator fix. Can you try to go to dev/experimental rollout in render setup and set terminator shadow shift to 1.0? See if that helps.

Thanks a lot! Yes, when i was trying to fix it myself, i found this option. But i used smaller numbers like 0.1-0.3
It does fix the problem, but sometimes it creates some bugs in other places that were fine before ))
So yes, it works, but not 100% in my case. I will try again. maybe if i set it to 1.0 it will work.

I`m not an expert in "coding" and stuff but still interesting why vray doesn`t give any artifacts and Corona does in this case. And IF this is a known problem why it wasn`t fixed after so many years of development i wonder.
 Anyway thanks again!