Author Topic: 3ds Max Direct Light and Corona Area Shadows problem  (Read 8297 times)

2014-03-21, 21:16:36

pablo696

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone.

Since Alpha 6 supports standard 3ds max lights and I have some spare time, finally I could do some test with Corona. And there is first issue I came across. I wanted to try out corona area shadows with standart 3ds max direct light and it seems to not working.

First image has "radius" for area shadows set to 500mm where second one has 5000mm. As you can see there is no difference in shadows. I dont know if it is some bug or I do someting wrong. It would be great if some one could help me with this issue. My render settings are default corona setting.

Cheers

2014-03-23, 01:50:33
Reply #1

pablo696

• Users
    • View Profile
Is there really no one who could help me ? :/. Can some one please try out these area shadows with 3ds max direct light on simple scene so at least I will know if that issue occur only on my system or this  is corona internal bug... Thanks guys

2014-03-23, 10:03:33
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,
It is working fine here, can you post the scene?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-23, 13:25:18
Reply #3

pablo696

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Keymaster :)

This is link to the scene: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2055196/magis%20chair%20one%20corona.zip. Thanks for reply. I hope it will help somehow because I really like Corona :). Can wait for another release and that what it will bring:)

Cheers

Edit:

Hi, this is me again...

I had been trying to fix issue with area shadows by reinstalling corona. Unfortunately it didn't work. Because Keymaster said it is fine on his I thought maybe my system is a problem. I installed corona at work. Create new scene from scratch and this is are results:

Top image is 10 mm radius and bottom is 500 mm radius. As you can see there is no difference...
Sorry for keeping posting another time the same thing, but this thread has been viewed over 150 times and no solution so far:/ Moreover its odd that I experienced this issue on two different configurations.
Does any one else has that problem or am I doing some thing wrong ?
« Last Edit: 2014-03-24, 14:44:19 by pablo696 »

2014-03-28, 22:19:45
Reply #4

benjaminbattais

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Pablo,

I imagine that in your test you used a directional, which does not get soft shadows. This comes from the fact that ray tracing is unidirectional and therefore can not blur the shadows.In fact, in the reality directional doesn't exist :-). Try again with a spot.

Hoping to have helped you