Author Topic: Hotkeys for the CoronaToolbar buttons  (Read 3096 times)

2019-04-03, 16:18:25

Alina Hramyka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
there are two issues with the corona toolbar
1 - not possible to customize it - removed buttons coming back after max restart
2 - is there any way to assign hotkey on corona toolbar actions? cannot find macroscripts for it

2019-04-03, 17:12:50
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
1. Cannot confirm. You can even copy/move items inside the toolbar persistently. Do you have "Customize" -> "Preferences" -> "Save UI Configuration on Exit" activated?

2. Not possible yet but requested a few times. Most of those icons can be reproduced with maxscript with a few lines anyway.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-04-03, 17:19:17
Reply #2

Alina Hramyka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I have save on exit activated
I use 2020 max (probably same in 2018+) and all deleted buttons coming back after 3dmax restart
it is not also possible to re-arrange it (move from corona toolbar to another one) - button does nothing than with the weird tooltip (please see attached file)

could you please help me with the Create Corona Cam from the active perspective view  hotkey?

2019-04-03, 17:27:19
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hmm maybe a problem there, still on 2016. As for Create Corona Camera from view, you can use this one to assign it to a button or hotkey:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=17749.msg135743#msg135743

Good Luck

2019-04-03, 18:46:00
Reply #4

Alina Hramyka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks, but camera target is missing in your script which makes it very difficult to manipulate in viewport than

still looking for the solution to assign native camera creation script on the hotkey

2019-04-04, 09:13:59
Reply #5

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
The question is: where should a target go? A perspective view has no target. The camera target is like a helper, nothing else. For me personally a targeted camera is only useful when doing certain animation movements, for example circling around an object. A reasonable spot for the target would be the ray intersection point into the scene along the cameras view and a nice addition to the Corona toolbar icon.

But if you want your cam targeted, just click "Targeted" after creation or add this line

Code: [Select]
newCam.targeted=true
after

Code: [Select]
viewport.setCamera newCam
to always create a targeted camera.

still looking for the solution to assign native camera creation script on the hotkey

Well, there is none yet.

Good Luck

2019-04-04, 16:39:57
Reply #6

Alina Hramyka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The native script is targeted exactly in the objects of interest - don't know how
If fix your script it always targets to the center of origin

BTW is it possible to have camera names just numbers 001,002,...ect.

thanks
« Last Edit: 2019-04-04, 16:46:04 by Alina Hramyka »

2019-04-04, 17:25:37
Reply #7

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Strange, just tested it on a Max2018, result attached. I moved one of the two camera -5 in x direction to be able to view both. One is created by script, the other by the button of the Corona toolbar. I have no Max 2020 available to test it there. Are you sure, you modified the script correctly? Or is this the result of creating a camera by script and then clicking "Targeted"?

Btw: I can confirm the issue with the tooltip when moving a button from Corona toolbar to another one, even for Max 2016. But changes inside the Corona toolbar are persistent here.

Good Luck