Author Topic: "lockEdge" in CoronaRoundEdges  (Read 2197 times)

2018-07-26, 15:48:03

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone else have this issue where whenever I load the material editor, I get this error: '-- Unknown property: "lockEdge" in RE/Fast:CoronaRoundEdges'

"RE/Fast" is map preset I have saved with Fast toggled on and its used in countless saved materials.  This didn't happen before upgrading to Corona 2, and I recently reinstalled 3ds Max and all of my plugins after a system failure.

Does anyone know why this error happens? And is there a solution short of replacing the RoundEdges map in every saved material preset?

2018-07-26, 16:05:28
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Interesting, can you send us any scene where this is happening, with such a material included? https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Remember to let us know in this forum thread what was your file name.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-26, 16:10:11
Reply #2

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've sent it.  Filename: 1532614157_lockEdge-Error-Matlibs.7z

Its not linked to a scene but rather material libraries so I've included 3 libraries that load when 3ds Max launches.  The error only appears however, when I open the Material Editor.

2018-08-02, 13:00:36
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Which version of 3ds Max and Windows are you using?

I tried with Max 2016 and 2018 on Win10 and I am not getting that error. I loaded your RE/Fast map and also some other maps/materials and tried restarting the material editor (slate) a few times, assigning to different objects, running IR, etc, but nothing happens.
It is either specific to your system, or we will need better step-by-step instructions how to reproduce it.

Another idea is to generate a minidump file while the error message is visible and then share it with us (see point 2): https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006

2018-08-02, 18:57:38
Reply #4

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm using 3ds Max Design 2014 on a Windows 7 machine.  Unfortunately, I'm on vacation until August 20th so I won't be able to recreate the issue at work until then.  I tried opening the library at home too with Design 2014 but on Windows 10 and the error never popped up.

When I'm back at the office, I will try to create the minidump as suggested.

2018-08-02, 19:15:01
Reply #5

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
For me the question is: Which scripted plugin throws this error? "RE" - does that maybe mean "render element"? Some sort of automatte script? CIA? Aliens? :) Is there something more about that error in the maxscript listener?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-08-02, 19:24:26
Reply #6

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me the question is: Which scripted plugin throws this error? "RE" - does that maybe mean "render element"? Some sort of automatte script? CIA? Aliens? :) Is there something more about that error in the maxscript listener?

Good Luck

This is my own naming convention, RE is just shortened for Round Edges.  RE/Fast is Round Edges with Fast mode on instead of Precision.  I also double-checked the Listener when it happened and the same amount of information is available as the warning pop-up.

2018-08-02, 19:46:07
Reply #7

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
So no filename in listener and no clue which script fails.

And that "RE/Fast" is just the name of a RoundEdges map then, could also be "Map #2138625784"?

Good Luck
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-08-02, 20:28:56
Reply #8

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It could be, but I have that roundedges map in nearly every saved material in several libraries.

2018-08-08, 10:55:16
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
So far we were not able to reproduce the issue, so it seems to be system-specific. We will either need more info from the original reporter, or can try some random ideas.