Author Topic: Noise Reduction  (Read 11024 times)

2013-11-26, 21:07:19

cgbandit01

Hi! I am new with Corona, so bear with me please!
At work we use Vray and I'm trying to see if we can use Corona on some projects to speed up render times
but so far I can´t beat render times on Corona and my renders are too noisy.
Not sure if this settup is causing my noise:

Do you know any tips/settings to reduce the noise and render times? I´m using v5 of Corona
If I render the same Image with Vray the render ends before Corona and without noise.

2013-11-26, 22:03:05
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I assume you use irradiance cache in Vray... and of course irradiance cache will be always faster than path tracing. Once corona has irradiance cache, rendertimes in such scene could get significantly faster.

For starters, i would try to create new scene with defaults... there is no need to have max. sample intensity at 40.

Going around the render settings and randomly changing things is not going to help you much.

Still, for how simple the scene is, and how fast your machine is... there seems to be a bit more noise than it should...

2013-11-26, 22:20:00
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I assume you use irradiance cache in Vray... and of course irradiance cache will be always faster than path tracing.
I dont think so, in scenes with really heavy geometric detail and almost no indirect lighting PT+PT should be faster. But this is not the case, as there are large flat areas
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-11-26, 22:32:04
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I assume you use irradiance cache in Vray... and of course irradiance cache will be always faster than path tracing.
I dont think so, in scenes with really heavy geometric detail and almost no indirect lighting PT+PT should be faster. But this is not the case, as there are large flat areas

Correct...  i forgot to mention i was talking about this kind of scene ;)

2013-11-26, 23:37:04
Reply #4

cgbandit01

Hi! thanks for replying.
I changed my settings back to basics, and after 40 passes this is what came up
Don´t know if the amount of noise is normal or it just needs more time to render

Based on your experience which one do you preffer?
-let the image render about 30 min trying to remove all the noise, or clean the render on post.
I really like this test, the image is clean and without noise. http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,2040