Author Topic: Bloom and glare doesn't work Version: B1 daily Dec 7 2017  (Read 4035 times)

2017-12-12, 20:09:38

alexgorbachev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello ! There is a problem with version: B1 daily Dec  7 2017 (core 1.7 (hotfix 2)) Bloom and glare doesn't work. With version A6.3 all work very well

2017-12-12, 21:49:19
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If you could share the scene, that would be awesome, as all is working as expected here. You mentioned on FB that ultimately you are planning to use a CoronaLight material on text (which is why a light material was used on the plane here), and I attach my test where this is working as expected. To diagnose why things are not working in your scene, we'd really need the scene, in order to test it directly ourselves. Thanks!

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-12-12, 21:50:58
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The one thing I did note - if I enabled bloom and glare after the render was complete, it did not activate until something in the VFB was updated (change a value for bloom and glare, or just zoom in and out). It was like the VFB did not refresh just from enabling the b&g. That wasn't an issue if IR was running. So, something of a bug there :) But doesn't explain it not working at all in this scene.

2017-12-12, 21:56:37
Reply #3

alexgorbachev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The scene. Thank you

2017-12-12, 22:13:16
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Was the scene created and saved with an earlier version of Corona? Because it won't render at all for me, it just locks up - probably best is to rebuild the scene from scratch, if it was created in an earlier version.

2017-12-12, 22:16:52
Reply #5

alexgorbachev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No it was created in new version

2017-12-12, 22:19:01
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
By deleting the CoronaLight material and creating a new one and pasting that onto the plane in place of the old one, all worked for me - looks like some change in the CoronaLight material has happened between when the scene was created and the latest version?

I set the new Light material intensity to 10, and lowered the threshold, and bloom and glare then works as expected.

2017-12-12, 22:20:52
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just wondering as you said the scene worked in the earlier Alpha, so was thinking it was maybe created and saved back then? If so, something may have changed in the way things are handled (internal stuff - that would be one for the devs). For me, deleting the light material and creating a new one solved the problem, but it wouldn't render otherwise, it just froze. Cinema 4D R19 here. Note, I mean when the scene was created and saved, not when it was rendered :)

2017-12-12, 22:31:19
Reply #8

alexgorbachev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I deleted and created new, and bloom and glare work. I don't understand what happened. I'm sure that I did not create a scene in the alpha version. Now all work very well. Thank you very much for helping

2017-12-13, 10:27:06
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I suspect something internal to the CoronaLight material changed between the early Alpha and current dailies, so that a scene saved back with the early Alphas may no longer be compatible. Could be one for the devs to check, in case such things should not be happening :)

In the meantime, glad we have your scene working again!