Author Topic: How can I greate a nice cloud in c4d?  (Read 3600 times)

2017-06-28, 15:35:46

Ralf.U.

• Users
    • View Profile
How can I greate a nice cloud in c4d as dicribed in the Corona youtube video Tutorial for 3dmax: Tutorial: Clouds with CoronaVolumeMTL

I can follow till Volume Material gots a displacer. But in c4d corona material there is no option for displacement in an Volume Material.

Thanks for any help.

2017-06-28, 18:27:48
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There's no displacement in the Max volume material either :)

The displacement in the tutorial isn't done through the material, but as a modifier to the object. The equivalent in C4D is the Displacer, screen grab attached, and handy tutorial from Greyscalegorilla is here:

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-06-28, 19:16:49
Reply #2

Ralf.U.

• Users
    • View Profile
Ok...thanks...so its used twice a displacer in the 3 d max tutorial...cause i thought the second displacement happening is done with a corona displacer wich I thought is within the material...so thanks a lott for your help!!!

2017-06-28, 19:40:23
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
In the video he does add a Corona Displacement modifier after the native 3ds Max Displacement modifier, and at the moment there is no Corona Displacement modifier in Cinema 4D, however you should be able to achieve all the same effects with C4Ds native Displacer (including stacking two of them so that you have the two different displacements happening).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us