Author Topic: 360 degree / VR process  (Read 11283 times)

2017-04-24, 17:01:13

easyease

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey everyone,

I wanted to reach out regarding a work flow for exporting VR/360 degree video from Corona for use on YouTube's or Vimeo's 360 players. I found a Max tutorial (
) that seems like a pretty simple process, but I was unsure if these features have been brought to C4D's build yet.

If anyone has any info on the process or could provide a quick walk through, I would really appreciate it. I would love to use Corona for my next 360 project.

2017-04-24, 17:33:47
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The Corona Camera Tag supports the Spherical Projection and Enable VR Mod (Stereo) so you can certainly create 360 degree stereo panoramas - scroll down to the bottom of the Corona Camera Tag settings.

At present, the VRWarpHelper isn't in C4D for making the warp points  in the 3D scene, so that aspect of the tutorials wouldn't apply. Every other consideration and step (e.g. image resolution etc) would be the same, though!

EDIT adding an attachment showing the settings in C4D
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-04-24, 18:24:01
Reply #2

easyease

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll give it a try. I appreciate the help, Tom.

2017-04-25, 13:41:00
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

Just as a note, though the VRWarp helper object isn't in C4D, you can use the Desktop Warp Editor to add your warps to your images after rendering. It can be downloaded from here: tiny.cc/warpeditor

There's a beta tutorial available on our YouTube at

This will allow you to fully use CoronaVR from C4D, just that you have to create the warps after you render, rather than embedding them in the render (for the moment, at least). Hope this helps!

2017-04-25, 13:48:39
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, just to add - you can sign up for CoronaVR here: corona-renderer.com/vr/