Author Topic: Proxy support selection tag  (Read 3924 times)

2017-02-17, 16:44:17

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
Is it possible the proxy support the c4d selection tag ?

It's very time consuming to export each part of a obgject with different material. Example, a tree with the trunk, branchs, stems, leaves.
U need to create 4 proxies ..

it will be easier to create just one proxy object and add the selections tags with their materials.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-17, 17:14:30 by be_rmi »

2017-02-17, 23:18:00
Reply #1

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this would be really nice.. vray does it since the start (uv's are stored inside the proxy info)
there are also some models (maybe not 100% correctly build? or simply too large?) that produce an error when exporting.. vray on the other hand can export the exact same object within seconds :/

dont get me wrong on this, vray had its days by now, sure there are some things left that vray does better but only because they had more time over the years to develope... i really enjoy and love corona, as soon as
  • proxy (export/datalimit?/teamrendering)
  • corona DR (hopefully it will be more stable/faster/flexible then teamrender)
  • node based editor
  • and ofc finally fixing the composing tag (shadow catcher *cough*)
are fixed, corona will pull ahead by far.. even without those 4 things the lightmix alone is more then enough reason to use corona over other engines atm for me..

2017-04-03, 07:59:03
Reply #2

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this would be really nice.. vray does it since the start (uv's are stored inside the proxy info)
there are also some models (maybe not 100% correctly build? or simply too large?) that produce an error when exporting.. vray on the other hand can export the exact same object within seconds :/

dont get me wrong on this, vray had its days by now, sure there are some things left that vray does better but only because they had more time over the years to develope... i really enjoy and love corona, as soon as
  • proxy (export/datalimit?/teamrendering)
  • corona DR (hopefully it will be more stable/faster/flexible then teamrender)
  • node based editor
  • and ofc finally fixing the composing tag (shadow catcher *cough*)
are fixed, corona will pull ahead by far.. even without those 4 things the lightmix alone is more then enough reason to use corona over other engines atm for me..

Hi, what do you mean with "fixing the compositing tag"?

2017-04-11, 16:16:06
Reply #3

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Proxy definitely needs some attention both in performance and creation. Its a vital tool but there is no mention of it on Trello which is worrying.

2017-04-16, 10:45:49
Reply #4

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I second this. Either it would be good to implement a  function with the ability to quickly change/reassign  proxy files of a corona proxy generator.

Nelaton
« Last Edit: 2017-04-17, 00:42:42 by Nelaton »