Author Topic: C4D beta still on target?  (Read 24129 times)

2017-04-09, 16:00:04
Reply #45

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the Corona IPR versus just enabling the Interactive Render Region?

2017-04-09, 17:14:06
Reply #46

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the Corona IPR versus just enabling the Interactive Render Region?

A video is worth a thousand words...

The IPR is the window on the top right. In a nutshell, it is faster, more fluid and probably more stable than the IRR (which is great but not quite the same as the IPR).
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-04-10, 05:15:19
Reply #47

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com

A video is worth a thousand words...

The IPR is the window on the top right. In a nutshell, it is faster, more fluid and probably more stable than the IRR (which is great but not quite the same as the IPR).

I gotcha. It definitely seems much quicker. It will be so nice when C4D gets this!

2017-04-10, 10:42:30
Reply #48

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

The thing is, with Interactive Render Region, you have to pre-process the scene with every change, whereas Corona IPR is smarter, doing the preprocess only once and then changing whatever needs to be changed. That's why it is so much faster than the original Cinema solution, but it's also why it is so complicated and takes so much time to implement. So don't worry, we are working hard on this - currently, we finished rewrite of materials to allow for detection of changes and are working on a similar rewrite of geometry.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-10, 10:47:06 by houska »

2017-04-10, 19:03:46
Reply #49

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
With the exception of Octane/ Arnold I think every other render engine "maker" struggled with the IPR aspect. I guess it just takes a lot of time to do :) Your effort is much appreciated Houska & team!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-04-10, 21:41:59
Reply #50

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Haha no worries :) I can't even imagine the amount of coding that goes into this kind of thing. We really appreciate all the work the Corona team has done!

2017-04-14, 17:00:02
Reply #51

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Just curious if you guys could give us a somewhat rough timeline of when to expect some of the new features that are on the C4D road map? We know that IR is going to take some time, but how about the shadow catcher, material stack support, and material preview responsiveness? Thanks guys!