Author Topic: Emissive Material Light and LightMixer compatibility  (Read 10014 times)

2016-11-04, 10:32:58

Karol Nord

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

i did a quick search on the forums but didn't find an answer to my question. I did a quick test yesterday which didn't work as i had hoped. I added an emissive material to a 3d mesh and added that  mesh into a light select object. changing the corresponding parameter in light mixer during (or after) rendering didn't have any effect. it does work with normal light objects though.

the corona documentation says it handles material lights exactly the same as light objects which makes me assume that it should be compatible with the light mixer. but maybe i overlooked something? or maybe it just hasn't been implemented yet? can anyone give some insight on this?

edit: it didn't work with the hdri light setup that i used either. its a normal material with the hdri applied in the diffuse slot added to a sky object.

2016-11-04, 11:23:46
Reply #1

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
hi Karol Nord,

Work for me,
- hdri in diffuse slot on sky object is call "Rest (unassigned)" in lightmix
-Sphere with a lightmaterial, add the sphere in the lightselect element

see attachments.

RĂ©mi

2016-11-04, 14:01:33
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Doesn't work with CoronaMaterial with Self Illumination, only with CoronaLightMtl (when Emit Light is checked) - but then, you shouldn't use CoronaMaterial with Self-Illumination for something that actually casts light into the scene as an important light source, you should use a Light Material in that case anyway.

Hope this helps!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-11-04, 14:47:30
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
3ds Max guide on LightMtl vs self illumination, this applies to any version of Corona, including C4D: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000515603
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-11-11, 15:14:39
Reply #4

Karol Nord

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for the late reply. Works great! Thanks for the heads-up.

2016-11-12, 09:51:14
Reply #5

horpa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

where I can Emit Light  checked ? Thanks

2016-11-13, 19:07:27
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users