Author Topic: Material Library  (Read 6005 times)

2013-08-19, 18:20:31

suB_Rescue

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Online and/or offline material library, is it possible in future?Or maybe something similar way to save your material assets and exchange them by our community!)

2013-08-19, 19:53:02
Reply #1

coolerman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ohh, it's great idea. I like use SIGERSHADERS Material Presets for V-ray.

2013-08-19, 21:50:09
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think there is risk that materials made today would look totally different in future release. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-08-22, 21:06:32
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I though about it, and it is planned, but only in a distant future when I start the business.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-10-22, 15:24:59
Reply #4

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@ keymaster and Maru.  well.... you can still create and post 12 advanced materials(with references if possible)for newbies of corona and then specify what version it works best with. say alpha v3 - v5. these would be a day to day materials that we find ourselves using e.g 2 types of each : wood, glass, cloth, concrete, metal, organic materials(leafs for instance). just archive them up if you don't have the time to implement them into 3ds max. i doubt it would break either of yous spine as it would be extremely helpful to new comers? ;D

2013-10-23, 00:05:56
Reply #5

Paul Jones

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would this not be better with users donating a material? copyright on bitmaps could be an issue, but there are the standard max ones..but glass - seriously?

2013-10-23, 00:07:57
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
AFAIK some russians are doing that. I'll build in some material preset support when I have some time.

BTW: You can create glass in Corona with 2 mouse clicks... you need a mtllib for that? :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-10-23, 01:44:25
Reply #7

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Ohh, it's great idea. I like use SIGERSHADERS Material Presets for V-ray.

You should be able to use SIGERSHADERS for Corona as well :- ) I use SiGER only for the library GUI, not the pre-bundled materials. You can store any material inside.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!