Author Topic: corona error message - running low on RAM  (Read 12926 times)

2015-09-16, 06:58:04

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi,
this time I got many times of low RAM error message. I see that RAM is used at 75% in task manager when error message pop-up.
check attachments :)

2015-09-16, 10:38:30
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You have ~1,5GB free RAM, which isn't very much. I don't know how exactly this warning works, but it probably pops up after you have less than some specified amount of RAM free. So there is no problem here, right?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-09-16, 10:50:42
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
The warning pops out when Windows signals all applications that the available memory is low and that they should release any memory they could spare. Measuring memory usage is really tricky/impossible feat, so we use this as our best guess.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-09-16, 17:17:42
Reply #3

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You should increase pgefile size to something like 25-50GB that would help to deal with the lack of memory.

For example PC i am curently working on have 16GB of ram and 40GB pagefile on SSD that helps me to deal with insane exterior scenes which usualy consume sowhere around 30 GB of RAM on renderslave xeons wich have 48 GB of RAM.

PS - may be this trick just sould be included in FAQ? poping out mesage about lack of RAM might get anoying )
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2015-09-16, 17:34:21
Reply #4

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
PS - may be this trick just sould be included in FAQ? poping out mesage about lack of RAM might get anoying )
yes i think so... Agree with u.

For ondra, can you make that error message just always_on_top inside 3ds max only? I think it is a bit uncomfortable when it keep on top even when i switch to another win application

2015-09-16, 18:40:45
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
will try
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-09-18, 07:15:12
Reply #6

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
You should increase pgefile size to something like 25-50GB that would help to deal with the lack of memory.

For example PC i am curently working on have 16GB of ram and 40GB pagefile on SSD that helps me to deal with insane exterior scenes which usualy consume sowhere around 30 GB of RAM on renderslave xeons wich have 48 GB of RAM.

I actually thought about doing this as well.

Would you mind telling me if you've only put the large pagefile to the SSD or is it necessary to have it ON on other drives too?
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2015-09-18, 11:26:07
Reply #7

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

I actually thought about doing this as well.

Would you mind telling me if you've only put the large pagefile to the SSD or is it necessary to have it ON on other drives too?

It does not matter wich drive it will be. SSD works faster that why i use it. It could be any HDD where you always have enough free space. And one Pagefile is enough.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2015-09-18, 23:21:00
Reply #8

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
[quote author=Nekrobul
It does not matter wich drive it will be. SSD works faster that why i use it. It could be any HDD where you always have enough free space. And one Pagefile is enough.
[/quote]

Hey man, thank you! It is much appreciated! It's been a while since I've had to set the pagefile (probably back on XP) and I was kind of surprised it was only my HDD that was tasked with having the virtual memory.

Thanks!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2015-10-07, 17:14:53
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
the error window is now on top only in 3dsmax, and it pop out only if Corona is currently rendering

2015-10-08, 09:54:59
Reply #10

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
great! :D
congrats for very nice error report feature!

2016-09-19, 18:08:19
Reply #11

Jack

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thank you guys for sharing!!