Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244949 times)

2016-05-05, 17:19:37
Reply #1425

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
windows handles priorities pretty badly unfortunately, so we are very limited in what we can do (apart from changing the whole process priority, which is a big nono according to considerable fraction of users)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-05, 17:43:26
Reply #1426

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
low thread priority is now always active. You can still influence the priority of 3dsmax by changing its process priority

Thi is little inconvinient while using DR. 3ds is starting every time new frame starts and if render is placed for the night there is 90% chance that most of the nodes wont start render or parsing will take forever because of low tread priority is enabled.

Could it be just hiden in debug/devel section?

Le example situation.

I have an exterior scene with 60M alive polys and somwhere around 4200 M polys as instances wich takes for example 28 of 32 gigs of ram on my workstation.

And i have 8 nodes 2xProcesor xeons plates in coldcase with 24 GB of ram each.

Scene goes a little of the top of ram on them but it is ok when i swich of LTP pagefile handles it ok.

Now i have to place 6 images for final render 2hrs each. And i does not have LTP swich what means that i have to wake up every 2hrs to catch and swich 3ds max proces on rendernodes to HTP every time because it wont do it itself.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-05, 18:40:53 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-05-05, 18:03:11
Reply #1427

triouocl

• Active Users
    • View Profile
low thread priority is now always active. You can still influence the priority of 3dsmax by changing its process priority

is a way to changing "Corona's low thread priority" like as string options or maxscript or Corona config file?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-05, 19:22:32 by triouocl »

2016-05-05, 18:40:30
Reply #1428

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
do you run some other processes at the nodes? Or why it wont start?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-05, 18:42:46
Reply #1429

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
do you run some other processes at the nodes? Or why it wont start?

Actualy i don't know Ondra, it is some kind of black magic wich have saved my ass a lots of times. I can make some "demonstration via skype tomorrow if you are interested how exactly it works.

I belive it is somehow related to how is aditional data is beeing writen to the pagefile.

2016-05-05, 18:48:53
Reply #1430

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yep, dedicated thread and more info would be welcome!

2016-05-05, 18:57:02
Reply #1431

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yep, dedicated thread and more info would be welcome!

Ok, first thing in the morning tomorrow.

2016-05-06, 07:36:40
Reply #1432

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
stil having this issue after trying all the things suggested with the registry, now using 1.4 rc3 and before a few daily builds down i had a whole scene currupted after turned FTH off completely, anyone have any suggestions? went back to 1.3 and stil the same thing so am wondering what's really causing this
« Last Edit: 2016-05-06, 07:42:03 by mitviz »
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2016-05-06, 08:47:18
Reply #1433

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the corruption after disabling FTH was just a coincidence. Max corrupts scenes from time to time, it was probably just random

2016-05-06, 08:49:10
Reply #1434

mitviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
probably but very strange for me, after many many years of using it i have never has a single corrupt file before, maybe am lucky, but any help with this issue? i supported a ticket but idk how far that will go, kind of scary but working when i have errors. also why only with corona?
Mitviz

2016-05-06, 09:51:42
Reply #1435

Cheesemsmsm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Special sequences within autosave filename don't work properly.
(1.4 RC3)

2016-05-06, 13:32:36
Reply #1436

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have some trouble understanding remaining render time estimation. It seems that with adaptivity enabled you can't trust the information displayed, I have renders where it will show 2 hrs remaining rendertime for the first 5 passes, and then starts growing until it displays something around 20+ hours. If I disable adaptivity, the remaining estimation will behave like expected, it just counts down as time passes. The final result is that adaptivity adds a lot to the rendertime and the final rendertime increases by a factor of 10 on a big image here vs. a render without adaptivity. The final image may look slightly better but a factor of 10 for slightly less noise is in no way right. Plus, you can't rely on the estimated remaining time since it is misleading.
Given that adaptivity affects render times that much it should probably be moved from devel/debug section and not be enabled by default.

2016-05-06, 13:39:44
Reply #1437

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
probably but very strange for me, after many many years of using it i have never has a single corrupt file before, maybe am lucky, but any help with this issue? i supported a ticket but idk how far that will go, kind of scary but working when i have errors. also why only with corona?

1. It could be a coincidence.
2. I am constantly working on the daily builds, and never had any problem with them.
3. That's exactly why it says "Daily builds may contain unfinished features and not be stable, may damage your scene, freeze your 3ds Max, make you miss your deadline." here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-06, 13:50:30
Reply #1438

mitviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
yeah i know, i wish i had a solution for it though, its happening when i use any version of corona now, such a shame i wanted to use it today but didn't want to risk it yet, guess i will try disabling fth again some other day and work that way but idk based on what i read if that's a good idea and it only occurs with windows 7 correct?
Mitviz

2016-05-06, 16:20:38
Reply #1439

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
yeah i know, i wish i had a solution for it though, its happening when i use any version of corona now, such a shame i wanted to use it today but didn't want to risk it yet, guess i will try disabling fth again some other day and work that way but idk based on what i read if that's a good idea and it only occurs with windows 7 correct?

Hmm first, I would recommend checking your ram for errors, I hadn't got such serious errors and max file corruptions or fth build up or any other crap like that since 2012 when I bought my good old 3930k with 64 gigs (8x8gb) of ram with one of those 8 modules being faulty, which, being such, produced all kinds of weird stuff when ram consumption went past some threshold - 48 gigs or somewhere round that - maybe even less but I don't remember that amount precisely anymore. I didn't know what it was that ram module's fault as the thought what branded\radiatored\kitted and overall quite press praised and expensive ram can be faulty does not come thirst at least not to me and not back then. So until the day it's miserable existence finally ended and it disappeared from both bios and windows shown memory completely, I was getting file corruptions, render crashes (I used vray at that time) and some general system instabilities and was trying all kinds of stuff to fix that - even considered disabling overclocking for a moment (what a stupid thing to do)) which, of course, didn't help and generally battled with various imaginary windows problems, imaginary malware and viruses software conflicts etc. yet in the end it turned out it was that goddamned ram module's fault all along. Second thing to try would be disabling antiviruses, realtime tweakers\hdd defragmenters\ram optimizers\drive backup softwares\etc (if you use any) as those could possibly cause such things too. And third would be checking hdd for errors bad sectors etc. - hell I even got some faulty sata cable some long time ago which caused some similar crap )) Well as you can see there's a plenty of causes for such behavior and quite a plenty of things to check but, imho, ram being the main culprit, so good luck finding your specific one.