Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 249830 times)

2016-04-29, 20:34:12
Reply #1380

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Tried today's build Corona_Dailybuild_2016-04-29-2.exe, it works OK with new scenes, but it doesn't render older scenes. It seems to me that problem is Forest Pack. New Corona works OK with new created Forest Pack's objects, but it can't pass parsing the scene process if Forest Pack's objects already exist in the scene. It shows that parsing started and nothing happens after that, not any progress in that. Tried to render the same scene with build from 2016-04-24 and it works well with it.

Forest Pro 5.0.5, Max 2014

EDIT

Tried more scenes to render and some of them finaly has been rendered, but parsing time with new build about 6-7 times longer (for example 37 sac. originaly, 3min 50sec with latest build)
« Last Edit: 2016-04-29, 20:59:55 by Bormax »

2016-04-30, 03:12:21
Reply #1381

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
daily build corrupts the scene after an interactive of a heavy scene or an scene with lots of forest objects, gives an error when saving.

2016-04-30, 18:52:32
Reply #1382

giza

• Active Users
    • View Profile
daily build corrupts the scene after an interactive of a heavy scene or an scene with lots of forest objects, gives an error when saving.

same here i don't know what happened the scene is corrupt with some weird error i have never seen, see attachment

, is it possible its from corona?
« Last Edit: 2016-04-30, 19:30:35 by giza »

2016-04-30, 22:43:53
Reply #1383

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this happens after you do an interactive render, also this build s taking alot more ram to process any scene, Also corona lights crashes max on manipulation or creation, tis random, not an specific task.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-01, 03:36:33 by KOGODIS »

2016-05-01, 10:55:50
Reply #1384

hubrobin

• Active Users
  • Light transport ninja
    • View Profile

same here i don't know what happened the scene is corrupt with some weird error i have never seen, see attachment

, is it possible its from corona?

Hey,
yes, the message seems to be Corona related. Could you give us the scene and try to more or less exactly describe the steps that led to it? That would be most helpful.

Thanks!

2016-05-01, 19:35:40
Reply #1385

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi

Tried today's build Corona_Dailybuild_2016-04-29-2.exe, it works OK with new scenes, but it doesn't render older scenes. It seems to me that problem is Forest Pack. New Corona works OK with new created Forest Pack's objects, but it can't pass parsing the scene process if Forest Pack's objects already exist in the scene. It shows that parsing started and nothing happens after that, not any progress in that. Tried to render the same scene with build from 2016-04-24 and it works well with it.

EDIT

Tried more scenes to render and some of them finaly has been rendered, but parsing time with new build about 6-7 times longer (for example 37 sac. originaly, 3min 50sec with latest build)

can you send me any problematic scene, where forestpack object takes considerably longer to parse?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-02, 10:27:45
Reply #1386

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

EDIT

can you send me any problematic scene, where forestpack object takes considerably longer to parse?

Here is simplified version of problematic file. If I try to render the scene with existing grass parsing takes muuuch longer time than it should (3min 45 sec instead of 10 seconds with build from 2016-04-24). If existing grass is not renderable (check/uncheck it in Layer Manager) - render goes normally. If new forest pack object created for the same area with grass from default Forest pack's library with about the same density, parsing takes 1 sec (if old grass is not renderable of course). If I change scattered objects my own grass patch (doesn't matter is it geometry or proxy) parsing takes 4 min. If I change scattered objects to box, sphere and cylinder instead of those grass patches, parsing takes 36 sec (strange). If I take old Forest grass and try to change scattered object to the preset from library - I have nothing in viewport (Max doesn't show this object at all) and it doesn't appear on rendered picture

Now I used latest build from 2016-05-01

2016-05-02, 14:00:05
Reply #1387

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
1.4 RC1 is out. Right now it is just rebranded daily build, but it means we are done with features and we are going for bugfixes only now. Go ahead and test it!
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-02, 14:14:04
Reply #1388

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
i had been having FTH errors and then installed this build and after all files got corrupt while using this build in max 2015 after following instructions to disable FTH, so idk what was the cause but seems like disabling it when using corona and this build is an issue?
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2016-05-02, 17:23:01
Reply #1389

Renovacio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What to do if i don't want that Adaptivity is recomputed at render end???

2016-05-02, 17:32:00
Reply #1390

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it wont happen if you cancel the render, only when you stop it. Either way it does not take that long to compute...

2016-05-02, 18:53:34
Reply #1391

mediopolis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is the RC1 working on max 2017?

2016-05-02, 19:04:56
Reply #1392

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
@ Bormax - tried your scene and I can confirm this strange behavior, did some quick\erratic\chaotic testing on it using corona's 1.4 rc1 and it seems that the problem is material related - tried replacing those with a default corona grayscale material and bam - scene parsing takes no more that 10-20 seconds.
 One thing comes to my mind - could it be that you created that scene using some previous version of forestpack and then upgraded to the latest one ? Why that could be important, well I presume Itoo could change those preset's (and any others too) models as well as change\tweak some of the maps used by those presets but the map and preset naming remained the same thus your grass materials is using old materials and expect to use old maps for them as well but those just aren't the same anymore and as a result are producing those long parsing times etc., well it's just a guess but materials were changed for sure and even the way maps are loaded in recent versions was changed as those are imported as corona bitmap now.
 Still, even if that can explain why it parses the scene as it should when new presets are used, it does not explain why it did not occur with older corona's daily builds and not in the least explain why new library preset cannot be used in that same forest pack object in your scene - perhaps you should ask that in itoo's forum for I don't think that's corona related at all... Nor does that explain why such things do not happen to my scenes whether forestpack built-in or custom presets were used - I even tried rendering some of my older forest pack heavy scenes http://c2n.me/3xCunUK and there the scene parsing time there is completely alright, well, given the quantity of heavy objects and the whole scene scale as that fragment is just a tiny part (thought most detailed one, with cars, photogrammetry made and railclone distributed stone walls etc) of this huge scene https://www.flickr.com/photos/119850875@N05/18340080264/   
As a side note, I noticed your scene is using generic display units which are probably not the best choice when using such very much scale dependent plugins as forestpack, still the system units are in cm in that file so perhaps that's is not effecting anything. And as another side note - I'm not using the latest release version of FP but using the 5.0.2b beta build as my subscription has expired and that was the latest version available for it back when - I'm not extending the subscription mainly because everything works alright as it is +I'm waiting for them to add 3ds max 2017 (as it is awesome and FP is one of the things stopping me from using it fulltime) and complete corona 1.4 support as well ))   

2016-05-02, 19:56:34
Reply #1393

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I reproduced the problem, we will fix it tomorrow

2016-05-02, 20:02:20
Reply #1394

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you guys!