Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244892 times)

2016-03-23, 20:12:49
Reply #1050

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
I think he meant 0,6 noise blend.

Yes that's right :) We've not even looked into what that noise limit does, yet. We're talking about the denoise amount. Default is 1 (and 100 in the beauty element for some reason? That should be unified...) and we're using 0.6 on most stuff.

Aha, thanks guys

2016-03-23, 21:52:34
Reply #1051

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone
Due to unforeseen circumstances I was unable to work for a couple of months so I'm out of the loop. Last daily I had was somewhere in December 2015. Now there is a new installer on Dropbox. Do I need to first install that daily, or can I just download from latest folder and override the usual files? For now that is what I did and it looks like everything is working OK.
Thanks in advance!

2016-03-23, 21:53:03
Reply #1052

maciek.c

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One thing that would be even better would be to have denoising with include/exclude list, so you could include only big white walls for example, and avoid denoising fine wood textures where you'd lose detail, or glass/mirrors, where denoising doesn't work properly.

Exactly :) Or some kind of switch in material settings, so you could make certain materials "denoisable" and others not.

2016-03-23, 22:27:00
Reply #1053

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hello everyone
Due to unforeseen circumstances I was unable to work for a couple of months so I'm out of the loop. Last daily I had was somewhere in December 2015. Now there is a new installer on Dropbox. Do I need to first install that daily, or can I just download from latest folder and override the usual files? For now that is what I did and it looks like everything is working OK.
Thanks in advance!
If max doesn't show any errors on start than it's likely that everything is OK. Otherwise, just run latest installer you'll find in dropbox and then copy files from latest build.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-03-23, 22:50:39
Reply #1054

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Proliferating post-process settings (denoiser) into regular scene attributes is bit absurd. What would you do after some time of using this to get full scene denoise ? Only by script. Most users would get utterly lost in this, let's not even imagine what this would do to asset swapping,etc..

Seems that denoiser could be more successful than is healthy and could bring the whole "Irradiance Cache settings" mess that doesn't suit Corona.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-03-23, 23:23:03
Reply #1055

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If max doesn't show any errors on start than it's likely that everything is OK.

No objections so far, thanks!

2016-03-24, 01:39:22
Reply #1056

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Proliferating post-process settings (denoiser) into regular scene attributes is bit absurd. What would you do after some time of using this to get full scene denoise ? Only by script. Most users would get utterly lost in this, let's not even imagine what this would do to asset swapping,etc..

Seems that denoiser could be more successful than is healthy and could bring the whole "Irradiance Cache settings" mess that doesn't suit Corona.

This is exactly what it is... it's so much faster, at the cost of quality and if pushed too far we are back at the IRR/LC vray days.. its fast but looks terrible.  How ever I also do think it's up to the individual user to understand the limitation and use, so having the option to push things "too far" is nice, specially for draft renders and quick previews where you can crank out 15-20 passes with a high denoise and everyone knows whats up.

2016-03-24, 01:54:13
Reply #1057

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Just wondering, max 2017 is due to have official release soon, and seeing that 2016 shared plugins with 2015 I don't expect 17 to work with anything....

So will we be lucky enough to have a max2017 Corona daily soon? at release? :D

Edit: well though Autodesk haven't officially announced anything, many of the products are actually already available from their own servers, which means people can download them straight from autodesk and run them with a normal 30 day trial. 

So like I said, 3ds max is nothing without Corona ;)  so a daily with 2017 support would be amazing. 
« Last Edit: 2016-03-24, 05:36:20 by snakebox »

2016-03-24, 09:29:21
Reply #1058

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
there is already 2017 daily build posted at the AD beta forums
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-24, 10:20:03
Reply #1059

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

So.. are you implying that if we don't have access to the AD beta forums, we can't get it?  Or would it also be possible to have that build available on the normal daily build dropbox or similar?

thanks!

2016-03-24, 10:39:32
Reply #1060

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
It's already that time of year :-D ?

Went to quickly check AD forums and there is just giant flame-war over whether they should integrate Vray or not. Not a single information.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-03-24, 10:39:54
Reply #1061

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

So.. are you implying that if we don't have access to the AD beta forums, we can't get it?  Or would it also be possible to have that build available on the normal daily build dropbox or similar?

thanks!

Well, if you don't have access to beta forums, then you don't have access to 2017. So what would you do with bunch of dlls sitting on your hard drive? :)

2016-03-24, 10:44:13
Reply #1062

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
I can't wait for the 4 page PDF of new features in 2017, with 2 things on each page... Being a bit sarcastic, but that's more or less what we had with 2016. It was a fairly pathetic release in terms of new features, and 2016 managed to break a lot of stuff from 2014/15 and took three SPs to be fixed...

For me, proper UHD support is my no.1 thing. But 2016 is pretty solid for us here now. It will take quite a lot to get us to upgrade this year. We'll probably sit on 2016 and upgrade to 2017 once it's at SP2/3.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-03-24, 10:50:23
Reply #1063

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

thanks!

Well, if you don't have access to beta forums, then you don't have access to 2017. So what would you do with bunch of dlls sitting on your hard drive? :)

Like I wrote earlier... Autodesk always put up their software on their servers well before they officially announce anything, this gets datamined EVERY year. 

Same old http://trial2.autodesk.com/NET17SWDLD/2017/PDSU/DLM/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx    (just an example, not the actual link) 

So basically anyone with a browser can download the trial version directly from autodesk, and no it's not illegal, it just doesn't have an announcement yet.  (it's full software version, including the 30 day trial all AD products have).

Also it's not beta anymore, these are the finished products that will get an announcement at the end of march, and be released in april. So I would very much like access to the 2017 build, as it would help test the new version of max without having to wait for another month.

2016-03-24, 13:07:22
Reply #1064

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I can't wait for the 4 page PDF of new features in 2017, with 2 things on each page... Being a bit sarcastic, but that's more or less what we had with 2016. It was a fairly pathetic release in terms of new features, and 2016 managed to break a lot of stuff from 2014/15 and took three SPs to be fixed...

For me, proper UHD support is my no.1 thing. But 2016 is pretty solid for us here now. It will take quite a lot to get us to upgrade this year. We'll probably sit on 2016 and upgrade to 2017 once it's at SP2/3.

Still haunted by the 2016 release are we? :P  that was pretty terrible.   

It's very typical that people wait to upgrade, which most should do.  But someone like me who is a sole trader, I have very little risk involved, and love new toys, so the earlier the better :D 

Edit: due to concern the attachment has been removed.   

There really should be no concern and people always panic for no reason, but I'm not trying to create drama, so ill delete it.

« Last Edit: 2016-03-24, 13:17:01 by snakebox »