Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244818 times)

2016-03-23, 17:09:04
Reply #1035

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But what we do need is for Corona to optionally output 2 files for every output - one with no denoising and one with the specified amount. This way we can blend between them in post as needed.
There's now a 'beauty' element  in the latest daily where you can specify the denoising amount.

2016-03-23, 17:13:58
Reply #1036

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
But what we do need is for Corona to optionally output 2 files for every output - one with no denoising and one with the specified amount. This way we can blend between them in post as needed.
There's now a 'beauty' element  in the latest daily where you can specify the denoising amount.

*Punches the air*

Awesome. Job done. Works a treat, just tested it.

Now if we could have the denoising exclude/include in that element.... that would top it off ;)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-03-23, 17:41:35
Reply #1037

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

*Punches the air*

Awesome. Job done. Works a treat, just tested it.

Now if we could have the denoising exclude/include in that element.... that would top it off ;)

Hi there, would you mind sharing some of your denoising settings?
I am a bit struggling at the moment, for an interior I combine the pass limit (300) and the Noise limit (0.25)
Set the Denoising mode to full denoising without changing the default values.
What are your experiences?

regards

2016-03-23, 17:45:46
Reply #1038

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Well about strange denoiser's behavior on glass and other transparent materials read here https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7239.960.html Reply starting with #962 and some posts down - quote from the sevecek's reply " The problem is that the denoiser can't "see" under surfaces with glossiness < 1. Setting glossiness to 1 yields much better results, see attached images. I think this can be fixed, though :) " I do hope it is fixable indeed. 

2016-03-23, 17:47:25
Reply #1039

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Well about strange denoiser's behavior on glass and other transparent materials read here https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7239.960.html Reply starting with #962 and some posts down - quote from the sevecek's reply " The problem is that the denoiser can't "see" under surfaces with glossiness < 1. Setting glossiness to 1 yields much better results, see attached images. I think this can be fixed, though :) " I do hope it is fixable indeed.
Already fixed, it should be in the next daily build :)

2016-03-23, 18:00:35
Reply #1040

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Brilliant ;)

Well, for us we are having the best results with denoising at around 0.6 or so. Any more than that and you lose a lot of detail in fine textures. But frankly that's not really an issue if we can now spit out a fully-denoised element and blend it back in where needed in post. An include/exclude would make this all much easier though.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-03-23, 18:10:39
Reply #1041

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Brilliant ;)

Well, for us we are having the best results with denoising at around 0.6 or so. Any more than that and you lose a lot of detail in fine textures. But frankly that's not really an issue if we can now spit out a fully-denoised element and blend it back in where needed in post. An include/exclude would make this all much easier though.

Ok many thanks, I presume you mean with 0.6 the Noise limit.

cheers

2016-03-23, 18:13:07
Reply #1042

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think he meant 0,6 noise blend.

2016-03-23, 18:14:23
Reply #1043

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
I think he meant 0,6 noise blend.

Yes that's right :) We've not even looked into what that noise limit does, yet. We're talking about the denoise amount. Default is 1 (and 100 in the beauty element for some reason? That should be unified...) and we're using 0.6 on most stuff.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-03-23, 18:17:28
Reply #1044

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Noise limit is Vray's Color threshold. It will stop the render when it's clear past certain percentage. There is not relationship to denoising here.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-03-23, 18:18:56
Reply #1045

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Noise limit is Vray's Color threshold. It will stop the render when it's clear past certain percentage. There is not relationship to denoising here.

Figured it would be something like that. Could come in handy I guess. Will have to do some tests.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-03-23, 18:23:59
Reply #1046

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Brilliant ;)

Brilliant it is - no doubt about it )) Somewhere before I've made a suggestion about adding some sort of material flags for per material exclusion from denoising (auto masks if you will)) but it probably sunk under other posts and went unnoticed or was discarded cause it is too hard to implement, yet still it would be quite good to have that too, cause for now only material id pass used in post for selections will help with that but that is imho a cumbersome solution.

2016-03-23, 18:28:59
Reply #1047

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Brilliant ;)

Brilliant it is - no doubt about it )) Somewhere before I've made a suggestion about adding some sort of material flags for per material exclusion from denoising (auto masks if you will)) but it probably sunk under other posts and went unnoticed or was discarded cause it is too hard to implement, yet still it would be quite good to have that too, cause for now only material id pass used in post for selections will help with that but that is imho a cumbersome solution.

Yep, this would be perfect. An include by matID/geomID/selection option. We'd denoise white walls etc. and probably leave everything else as-is. Job done.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-03-23, 19:25:56
Reply #1048

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Sorry for repeating myself, but i'd like to know if it's possible to have denoising on demand, i.e. denoising process independent from rendering. That way we could have Denoise button somwhere in UI and ability to change denoising radius (blurring) without rerendering image. Wouldn't it be cool?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-03-23, 19:29:01
Reply #1049

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Sorry for repeating myself, but i'd like to know if it's possible to have denoising on demand, i.e. denoising process independent from rendering. That way we could have Denoise button somwhere in UI and ability to change denoising radius (blurring) without rerendering image. Wouldn't it be cool?

+1

I thought that would be the original implementation as well.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!