Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 249350 times)

2016-03-08, 08:55:27
Reply #900

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes, internal resolution is now always 1
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-08, 09:09:11
Reply #901

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra while you are here. Have you seen this?

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,11206.0.html
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-03-08, 10:13:22
Reply #902

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!! What does it mean - sample error?
It's a measure of average noise in the picture.

2016-03-08, 12:53:14
Reply #903

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Have you seen this?

It is already logged (and assigned) in the Bugtracker with high priority - with link to the above post. I´m also quite impatient because I would like to use the build in production NOW :) So I also hope it will be adressed soon.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: 2016-03-08, 13:01:07 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-03-08, 12:58:06
Reply #904

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
In my simple test, with adaptive ON,  yes, it's a little bit slower. If you disable adaptive, it runs fast, as usual.

when you say adaptive on?  I was under impression adaptive was always on? do you put it to 0.0 noise threshold to disable it or?

You don't disable adaptivity with 0.0 noise limit - you disable it in development/experimental stuff. And I have no idea in what situation you would want to do that.If you disable adaptivity, while the rendering might seem faster in one area of the image, it's probably slower in another, giving you a somewhat clean image in one part but noise in another. With adaptivity ON, you should get noise level more even across the image and overall it should make final rendering a bit faster. I guess that was the whole idea. Good example is DoF which would get noisy before even when rest of the image is super clean...

No I agree, I just saw a few people mention it and hadn't found the checkbox!  thanks

2016-03-08, 14:24:02
Reply #905

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you seen this?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This big problem with DR mode render///
It applies not only to Denoise Filter but to Adaptivity at All.
Extra Data from slaves add noise to image areas that updated///A feeling that they are rendered without Adaptivity option///
So that DR in this case, only slows the rendering process//
I have written several times about this issue in this topic!!!
« Last Edit: 2016-03-08, 14:55:34 by denisgo22 »

2016-03-08, 14:38:30
Reply #906

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How much ram denoise takes? yesterday ive try a 6000 x 12400 pixels image and the render did ok and only took like 40 gigs of ram but when denoise its apllied it crashes, is there a maximum resolution for the denoise to work? also try the dr and happend the same as other people. intel xeon 3.66ghz 64 gigs fo ram on system.

2016-03-08, 16:08:19
Reply #907

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
How much ram denoise takes? yesterday ive try a 6000 x 12400 pixels image and the render did ok and only took like 40 gigs of ram but when denoise its apllied it crashes, is there a maximum resolution for the denoise to work? also try the dr and happend the same as other people. intel xeon 3.66ghz 64 gigs fo ram on system.

I think that is not the problem with the denoiser's ram usage itself but with the additional render elements needed for it to work - there are at least 3 (from that I can tell) of those and at that resolution those elements themselves can be quite a problem - just try to render that scene with denoiser off yet with some additional elements (no less than 3) enabled, I think it doesn't matter which ones those are but I would expect out of ram crash in that case too. Happened to me too and not once, and I've got 64gigs of ram too, it's just that scenes like this  https://www.flickr.com/photos/119850875@N05/18340080264/ where it happened are really ram hungry and if some additional render elements are enabled they crash miserably while without them this particular scene chewed only 48gigs out of 64 and rendered fine or at least did so on 4k resolution - on the other hand your scene's render resolution is much, much bigger\higher and so are the additional ram requirements for those passes to be stored in memory, and that sad limitation, as I can understand and as far as my experience goes, is renderer agnostic and that rule applies to all of them not Corona only (
 Maybe some sort of solution could be done on developer's side to avoid such and similar problems\limitations, maybe something like rendering those passes to hdd and then loading them to vfb only after render itself has stopped or something like that, but honestly I have no idea if that is possible at all or if it is, what performance hit it would produce.
At least it could be a good idea to put some warnings of that behavior in help bubbles for denoising selector\toggle (same goes for render elements too but don't know where I would put it there) for users to understand what can happen if it is enabled and to more predictably avoid such unpleasant surprises in the future.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-08, 16:12:32 by antanas »

2016-03-08, 16:28:06
Reply #908

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Denoising + adaptivity currently require 112 bytes per pixel of additional memory, so for 6*12,4k that would be 8,3 GB of additional memory on top of the regular usage. Only adaptivity is just 16 bytes per pixel, so 1.2 GB of additional memory
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-08, 16:28:20
Reply #909

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
we are currently fixing the DR bug

2016-03-08, 16:51:39
Reply #910

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Denoising + adaptivity currently require 112 bytes per pixel of additional memory, so for 6*12,4k that would be 8,3 GB of additional memory on top of the regular usage. Only adaptivity is just 16 bytes per pixel, so 1.2 GB of additional memory
That is some mighty useful information and I think it should be put somewhere to be easily and frequently seen by users, maybe even some sort of automatic\interactive calculator based on current render resolution could be done for the help bubbles of those toggle\selectors + some automatic info in render pass descriptions could be made too, it's just what not everyone can calculate that in their heads on the fly and it's easy to forget such things when one is suffering from some creative madness process/episode, or simply put OMFG tomorrow is the deadline and the project is just halfway done, well times when there's just no time at all to even think about such things )) I'm not sure how exactly it should be made or is it even possible to make in max at all, but surely it would help many people A LOT or at least surely it would help me a lot, so I'm saving that post to my corona tips.txt for not loosing\forgetting that ))

2016-03-08, 21:13:30
Reply #911

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Last build with fixing of DR is work excellent!!! :)
THANKS VERY MATCH!

2016-03-09, 06:17:59
Reply #912

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
reporting same, rendered 5000x5000 pixels image with DR on 8-9 nodes and it came out cleaner than usual on the beauty pass. like a mirror!
Thanks!

2016-03-09, 09:44:09
Reply #913

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Something wrong

How it happens now. Render finishes - Denoise starting - retiving remainig data from render nodes - retiving finishes - denoise finishes. Result dark areas.

How it might happen to prevent it. Disable aditional retiving at the render end at all. Or Render finishes - retiving aditional data - retiving finished - denoising started.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-09, 09:56:08 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-03-09, 15:41:38
Reply #914

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
"Corona scatter now has manual updates option (makes it possible to work with huge scatters in viewport)"
sadly this still doesn't solve the "cscatter viewport performance when scrubbing" problem https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,11139.msg71191.html#msg71191
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us