Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 248420 times)

2016-03-04, 13:01:25
Reply #840

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
It is already done, together with the 0-100% blend real-time button, we just need to merge it in the main development branch
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-04, 13:40:24
Reply #841

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
I was sceptical about denoiser at first, but i find it very useful already. And if you guys will make it adjustable after rendering, it will be MEGA!!!
+1 !!! Very important!

2016-03-04, 15:03:06
Reply #842

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I was sceptical about denoiser at first, but i find it very useful already. And if you guys will make it adjustable after rendering, it will be MEGA!!!
+1 !!! Very important!

I find the denoiser waaaayyy too destructive. for me it only destroys any detail they may be in the image.

2016-03-04, 15:06:41
Reply #843

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
+1 !!! Very important!

I find the denoiser waaaayyy too destructive. for me it only destroys any detail they may be in the image.

Even at high resolution ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-03-04, 15:07:24
Reply #844

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
+1 !!! Very important!

Have you tried adjusting the radius parameter? Also, it is planned to be blendable with the non-denoised image.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-03-04, 15:17:19
Reply #845

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 !!! Very important!

Even at high resolution ?

On things like grass quet yes. Even if it is sth like 4k render.

But anyway it is perfect for denoising stuff like volumetrics and motion blur. By the way i wam rendering this animation i promised so i will post it in a few hours (looks ok so far only i had to disable DR because of the bug with pacage delevery after the denoising)

PS - has anyone tested how internal resolution affects denoising?
« Last Edit: 2016-03-04, 15:31:45 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-03-04, 16:15:43
Reply #846

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
PS - has anyone tested how internal resolution affects denoising?

it should not, but do not bother, we already removed the option ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-04, 16:17:01
Reply #847

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
And what about filtering and filtering radius ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-03-04, 16:24:46
Reply #848

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
they will work a bit differently, but will be present

2016-03-04, 16:26:32
Reply #849

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 !!! Very important!

I noticed that if you have details covered in noise (like visually the details/texture pattern is not recognizable from noise) then it will be ruining the pattern/detail. But as long as the texture is showing through and you only need to remove some overlay residual noise and smooth the picture, it works perfectly.

it's not a miracle and it cannot pull out anything that is not there. It is however amazing for a final touch to remove noise and for nice quick previews. Especially it is helpfull with product shots of objects that have to be absolutely clean on surface and corona would struggle forever with that noise.

Just my observation though.

So for a very noisy image it will be destructive and it gives almost this "digital painting" look.

2016-03-04, 16:28:16
Reply #850

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll repeat myself: it is not magic. Denoiser cannot remove noise from individual pixels. It can only remove noise by blurring. It knows not to blur textures much, but still if there is a noise on blurred surfaces, it cannot do anything else than to blur them a bit.

2016-03-04, 16:49:29
Reply #851

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yeah, in general, the more converged your image will be, the less detail will you lose (denoiser radius has significant impact on it too). You can get clean image with denoiser even after 10 passes, but do not expect detail to remain there. You will need to reach at the very least 10% noise limit to have enough information to denoise. As Ondra said, it's not a magic wand and won't give you clean detailed image out of undercooked renders.

2016-03-04, 16:57:36
Reply #852

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, in general, the more converged your image will be, the less detail will you lose (denoiser radius has significant impact on it too). You can get clean image with denoiser even after 10 passes, but do not expect detail to remain there. You will need to reach at the very least 10% noise limit to have enough information to denoise. As Ondra said, it's not a magic wand and won't give you clean detailed image out of undercooked renders.

Actualy after all the tsting i found that 150\200 pases is enough to have clean and +\- detailed image with denoiser. But still making in a little like digital painting.

So what i wanted to say, i would not use it for the super detailed exterior. But i most definatly would use it for comercial poster like animation\still image with a lot of glossy things going on.

2016-03-04, 17:45:36
Reply #853

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

Actualy after all the tsting i found that 150\200 pases is enough to have clean and +\- detailed image with denoiser. But still making in a little like digital painting.

So what i wanted to say, i would not use it for the super detailed exterior. But i most definatly would use it for comercial poster like animation\still image with a lot of glossy things going on.
I think thats why ondra create blend feature for denoiser. If you think the denoising result makes the image looks like digital painting then you have to reduce the blend amount or even set the radius value lower and then push the denoise button again.

2016-03-04, 17:55:01
Reply #854

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are those changes live now?