Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244830 times)

2016-02-12, 23:38:00
Reply #750

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
image adaptivity does not make the render go faster. It equalizes the noise in the whole image, so you will no longer have situations where most of the image is clear, but you are waiting for the last shadow/dark corner/object behind glass to clean up
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-02-13, 02:01:57
Reply #751

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Render not go faster, but noise not so visible???
As it is possible to render less passes???
I understand correctly??

2016-02-15, 10:02:52
Reply #752

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
image adaptivity does not make the render go faster. It equalizes the noise in the whole image, so you will no longer have situations where most of the image is clear, but you are waiting for the last shadow/dark corner/object behind glass to clean up
ah I thought adaptivity is for speedup the rendertime. but thanx ondra, thats's a pretty nice feature regarding it comes with progressive mode.
somtimes I did render two image and composite it to get the faster result, mostly for glass things cuz it needs more more time to get cleaner while the other things is already clean enough. I used render selected include/exclude feature for this, save rendertime but longer workflow, 1 image is for the whole room and the other one is for glass itself excluded the whole room.
few months ago someone advised me to use bucketmode for it's adaptive feature but I can't because resume-render still doesn't support bucket mode.
but with adaptive, I hope it will kill the pain.

2016-02-15, 12:18:54
Reply #753

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Look at my old test. This is exactly where Image adaptivity will work perfectly.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,1448.0.html

It's a white room, but with some strong, bright lights + DOF = very difficult to clean up!
The room is almost noise free, but I needed 20 minutes to have a decent DOF.
With Image adaptivity, I think  (I hope) we will reduce this time, drastically =)

Also, in the first image, after 30 hours, the bar was perfect, but the DOF, on the metal bar, was horrible =)

When we will have a new Corona version, I'm very curious to test my old scene (white room). You can download the scene, in the attachment.

2016-02-15, 15:41:00
Reply #754

rambambulli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can it be that this https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7417.msg49803.html#msg49803 problem is back in the last daily build (27-01)? Or have I done something wrong?

2016-02-15, 15:45:42
Reply #755

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it is possible. Can you describe in details what you do? And what is your system locale (language, any custom changes)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-02-15, 15:57:18
Reply #756

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
*27-01 is not the latest daily build, so I would check that with the newest one first
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-15, 17:43:45
Reply #757

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Render not go faster, but noise not so visible???
As it is possible to render less passes???
I understand correctly??
Pls note, that in 1.4 there will be a denoising aswell as adaptivity.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-02-15, 18:27:23
Reply #758

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The most important thing to realize is that there is no magic in these new algorithms.

Image space adaptivity cannot make the overal noise level lower, it can only make sure the noise is even everywhere (which will still cut time until the image is finished).

Postpro denoising cannot create new information in the image - it can only blur the existing data - so it may lead to splotches and loss of detail if there is too much noise.

2016-02-16, 13:45:58
Reply #759

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Cool new daily build!  This may be a strange question, but what would the practical benefit be of using Corona stand-alone for rendering if you already are in a MAX / corona environment?  is it purely because you can just install corona on nodes without max?  thanks

2016-02-16, 13:59:35
Reply #760

rambambulli

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-02-16, 14:17:24
Reply #761

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry Ondra my mistake. Followed https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000568657-unexpected-behaviour-of-vfb-exposure-controls-extreme-values- this and now everything works fine.
Which version of Corona are you using? This problem should not appear in the newer ones...
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-16, 14:19:41
Reply #762

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool new daily build!  This may be a strange question, but what would the practical benefit be of using Corona stand-alone for rendering if you already are in a MAX / corona environment?  is it purely because you can just install corona on nodes without max?  thanks
yes, DR without max, also it may be faster and consume less memory. But right now we are in experimental/testing phase - I would like to know if it is possible to match 3dsmax output (I need to get some priority-list of missing features for that), and how much faster it is. If everything goes well, we may have 3dsmax-less DR. Or even switch regular rendering to this method (internally - so user still has the same workflow, only it is faster)

2016-02-16, 15:52:12
Reply #763

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Any new maps supported in Standalone? Anywhere documented what the various fixes/improvements mentioned in the changelog are in detail?

Good Luck!
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-02-16, 17:12:10
Reply #764

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
no new maps support. I fixed the bugs that appeared on mantis/forum