Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244734 times)

2015-09-01, 15:16:15
Reply #405

hubrobin

• Active Users
  • Light transport ninja
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra,
for the Corona Bitmap to be usable in network rendering scenarios you need to make it so the asset manager capable of collecting the bitmaps and update their paths to new network folders, thanks!

Hi,

can you elaborate on this? It seems that asset manager is correctly collecting Corona bitmaps and the 'Set Path...' feature seems to be working fine.

Thanks,

Robin

2015-09-03, 00:17:44
Reply #406

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry I meant resource collector, please see attached, 1 and 2 don't play together.

2015-09-03, 10:52:46
Reply #407

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
As far as I know the answer here is that Autodesk need to update their resource collector to be compatible with Corona.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-09-03, 11:28:16
Reply #408

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep. We will ask them to, but dont hold your breath.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-09-03, 11:37:15
Reply #409

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yep. We will ask them to, but dont hold your breath.

Neil Blevins has a more complete version of this in his SoulburnScripts collection called bitmapCollector, as it's available freely he might update it to respect Corona specific maps (and lights) as a replacement for the built in script.

2015-09-03, 12:35:16
Reply #410

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I tried to come up with LayeredMTL design that would suit everyone's need.

Are you sure you would want this complex beast?

2015-09-03, 12:40:56
Reply #411

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not bad actually. Is it too complicated? It's still better to have more control than no control. I could perfectly live with it, you still managed to keep it minimal and to the point.

Will there be a way to add/delete layers like with Multi/Sub material so in case you need only 3 layers you don't have a huge list?
Does the mask checkbox grey out when layer is disabled?

2015-09-03, 12:48:56
Reply #412

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Not bad actually. Is it too complicated? It's still better to have more control than no control. I could perfectly live with it, you still managed to keep it minimal and to the point.

Will there be a way to add/delete layers like with Multi/Sub material so in case you need only 3 layers you don't have a huge list?

Variable count is possible, but fairly complicated. I am not sure if Ondra would want to mess with it. As for freezing, it's a little more complicated than that.

- If there was no material in a layer, both spinners and checkboxes would be frozen
- If there was material but not a map, then map spinner and map checkbox would be frozen.
- If there was a material and a map, but material checkbox would be unchecked, both spinners and map checkbox would be frozen
- If there was a material and a map, but map checkbox would be unchecked, then map spinner would be frozen.

2015-09-03, 13:13:15
Reply #413

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
not sure, but maybe this order would make it look more familiar? (same as in "maps" in standard/corona mtl)

2015-09-03, 13:17:52
Reply #414

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
not sure, but maybe this order would make it look more familiar? (same as in "maps" in standard/corona mtl)

It certainly looks more like a standard layout that we're all used to, I agree.

2015-09-03, 13:45:15
Reply #415

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'd like to see such improvement in layered material. +1 from me.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-09-03, 13:55:49
Reply #416

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Variable count is possible, but fairly complicated. I am not sure if Ondra would want to mess with it. As for freezing, it's a little more complicated than that.

- If there was no material in a layer, both spinners and checkboxes would be frozen
- If there was material but not a map, then map spinner and map checkbox would be frozen.
- If there was a material and a map, but material checkbox would be unchecked, both spinners and map checkbox would be frozen
- If there was a material and a map, but map checkbox would be unchecked, then map spinner would be frozen.

The checkbox behavior sounds good!
As for adding/removing layers, please push that one. I imagine most people will not exceed 3-5 layers so not having all 8 available layers displayed all the time will be way easier to grasp (and will look slick!).

2015-09-03, 14:29:44
Reply #417

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz

2015-09-03, 14:33:52
Reply #418

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
How about 2 rollouts?
#1 - displays 2-3 layers, is opened by default
#2 - displays 5+ layers, is closed by default

This way you do not need to create any add/remove tricks, and ui is clean.

2015-09-03, 15:07:23
Reply #419

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I imagine that would cause a lot of confusion amongst newcomers.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures