Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 248062 times)

2015-08-10, 07:29:59
Reply #375

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Hi PROH, I tried to render your scene using max 2016 and 07 08 daily, indeed it doesn't stop using both IR or normal render, so yeah I can confirm that strange behaviour and probably you should file that as a bug on mantis bugtracker right away.
 Just to be sure I even tried to rebuild that material using new Corona Layered Mtl but ended up with the same sad result and without such when coronaAo is disabled, so probably you're right and it is triggering that.
 It got me curious and I tried to downgrade to the older versions, because I tend to use coronaAo map for many purposes and haven't got such bugs earlier so here are the results : 1.3  07 08 daily - bug is present, 1.2.1 - bug is present, 1.2 no bug, 1.1.1 and 1.1 are bug free too - so it is quite easy to guess that it was introduced in 1.2.1 and further on, I just missed it cause I completely missed 1.2.1 and after using 1.2 jumped right to a 07 08 daily only because I wanted corona layered material pretty badly\madly but did not render much yesterday or today and as a result hadn't noticed that.
 Thanks for finding that bug out as just right now I'm working on some older scene and the deadline is on Monday - that scene is using some coronaAo for the roads\walls dirt etc and it would be me panicking, cursing and plucking my hair off just about tomorrow for now I'm back to 1.2 and thanks again ))

This bug was present way back before 1.0 was released too.. Not sure what changed, but there is never an official fix released for it. 

2015-08-10, 23:20:14
Reply #376

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Hmm strange I've never ran into it before then - maybe there are some conditions for it to appear, something like meters used as a system units (I myself tend to use cms more often) or some other conditions, I do remember reporting something similar way before 1.0 but that bug was related to corobaAo used in conjunction with procedural substance textures and it was supposedly fixed back then ...

2015-08-10, 23:28:22
Reply #377

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi. Played with the 2015-08-07 daily, and it has been working great - except with the latest file I tried. It's an old file with some water-testing, which is converted/reset so there's no "legacy". With this file I'm having big problems with max freezing and the renderer wont stop calculating when canceled (both IR and normal). I tried to narrow down the problem, and I think it's caused by a strong AO effect in the water-material. If I use another material without AO everything works as expected.

I've attached a part of the scene (Max 2014), so others can try it and see if they get the same problem, or it is caused by something else in my system. To reproduce the problem:

1) Open the file and press "Render"
2) After 1 pass (or more) press "Cancel" (or "Stop" in IR)

Now the problem should be, that the renderer won't stop calculating - you need to shut down Max to stop it.

Thanks in advance.

Tried your scene with max 2014 sp5 on win 7, build aug 07. I wouldn't say it doesn't stops rendering. It does, but after quite prolonged time. Things goes better if you lower samples in CoronaAO. And of course it stops immediatelly if AO is unplugged. Didn't try with older builds, though.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-08-11, 02:46:44
Reply #378

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks rommulus. I waited for a half hour without Corona stopping. How long time did you wait? I also tried lowering the AO samples, but didn't see any difference. I haven't seen this in older versions (used Corona since a5), but maybe I've just been lucky.

This scene is made in Corona (can't remember exact version) and has been updated along with Coronas progress. But this is the first time I've run in to such a severe bug. I really hope it's going to be fixed soon, so I can benefit from those nice new enhancements, also when I'm using AO.

2015-08-11, 09:11:13
Reply #379

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Not that much. With original settings i have to wait about half a minute for Corona to stop and with lowered AO samples it's a matter of few seconds. Nevertheless it's a bug that should and i believe will be fixed.

2015-08-11, 11:22:29
Reply #380

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is this already on Mantis?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-08-11, 11:48:29
Reply #381

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models

2015-08-11, 12:22:30
Reply #382

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Rays/sample: ~4000
"Usual value of rays/sample is about 5-50 for PT samples set to 16 and light samples multiplier 1"

Let's see if there is a way to fix this.

2015-08-11, 16:37:09
Reply #383

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ok, the only solution seems to be unplugging AO map. Although, I experienced some random fixes after doing things like unplugging the noise maps which are nested inside AO, or changing embree flags. But it was probably completely random, and would freeze again upon next rendering.

2015-08-11, 19:25:52
Reply #384

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Unfortunately, I have to suggest to hunker down with older build, as Ondra is at Siggraph, and then vacation, so there won't be any fixes for about next 11 days...

2015-08-16, 18:04:47
Reply #385

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
Ondra, do you have any plan to add some blending mode option to blend material ? like additive/shellac mode ?

2015-08-16, 18:36:10
Reply #386

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Ondra, do you have any plan to add some blending mode option to blend material ? like additive/shellac mode ?
hi,
no plans for that
o.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-08-17, 15:09:38
Reply #387

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I fixed the AO problem
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-08-17, 15:17:48
Reply #388

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Great, now put sunglasses on and get back to beach. I hate when people can't stop working on vacations - it makes me feel so lazy :]

2015-08-17, 15:57:32
Reply #389

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Great, now put sunglasses on and get back to beach.
NOW.