Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244771 times)

2015-08-06, 17:49:02
Reply #330

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just tried rendering the crashing scene I mentioned above with 1.2.1 and while it takes a little longer to crash, it still crashes eventually, only a minute later.

I'm attaching the minidump at least, maybe it helps.

2015-08-06, 18:17:58
Reply #331

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have an idea regarding the problem for regular users of installing DB, what about having a switch inside each DB, connected by default, so you use the DB but in case you need to use the latest stable release, AKA 1.2, you can disable it and it uses the latest stable release, maybe you need to deliver a pair of dll's, I don't know how does it works internally, but this may solve a lot of problems and will also make easy to compare the behavior of the latest stable with the latest DB.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers!

2015-08-06, 19:29:35
Reply #332

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I am trying to do some features before I leave for siggraph, see todays daily build ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-08-06, 19:35:22
Reply #333

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I just tried rendering the crashing scene I mentioned above with 1.2.1 and while it takes a little longer to crash, it still crashes eventually, only a minute later.

I'm attaching the minidump at least, maybe it helps.

This may be caused by something else... any custom scripts? This is what I see - it crashes in 3dsmax after some menu action is evaluated: https://i.imgur.com/qF6HQ3u.png Max starts evaluating the whole scene, I dont know which object caused the crash itself.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-08-06, 19:41:47
Reply #334

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No custom script, nothing. I remember this scene crashed while I attempted to select the view camera from the viewport menu (RMB > Select Camera). It's a Physical Camera with a CoronaCamMod applied, though I'm not sure if the modifier was enabled or not.
But it will crash pretty much randomly some time after I cancel a render and is 100% reproducible here. I could keep uploading the minidumps if you want.

Great additions for 1.3, Corona Layered Mtl has to be my favorite by far. I'm tempted to use it but I guess I'll stay away for now ;) Have fun at Siggraph!

2015-08-07, 00:04:35
Reply #335

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I love this build! Displacement, CoronaBlend, anisotropy, scatter improvements - everything looks great. May i suggest one thing? Let strictness in CoronaScatter to go beyond 100%, to repel scattered objects. This would be especial useful if it could be applied per individuall instances.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-08-07, 00:16:02
Reply #336

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We are moving from daily to hourly releases. New one is coming in few minutes, featuring per-render-element anti-aliasing.

2015-08-07, 05:25:01
Reply #337

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
We are moving from daily to hourly releases. New one is coming in few minutes, featuring per-render-element anti-aliasing.

What? really??  that's crazy!  and cool! 

I would LOVE an auto update function in the "daily" build.. so that I could test everything all the time, without having to go to a website, down, install etc specially if its hourly!  if Corona updated itself automatically when opened or a separate little application you just run before starting max. 

2015-08-07, 06:31:25
Reply #338

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
I love this build! Displacement, CoronaBlend, anisotropy, scatter improvements - everything looks great. May i suggest one thing? Let strictness in CoronaScatter to go beyond 100%, to repel scattered objects. This would be especial useful if it could be applied per individuall instances.
you work so nicely & hardly ondra with all crazy new features in 1.3. what a super development team.
yesterday my friend just pointed me to some people in a forum that's pirating/cracking corona, didn't they see any something good in this mini growing company, f**k them all!. really appreciate too to adam for wise decision and words in there. God bless you all corona team.
(sorry for off-topic here, I just got emotional since yesterday)

2015-08-07, 10:46:31
Reply #339

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you work so nicely & hardly ondra with all crazy new features in 1.3. what a super development team.
yesterday my friend just pointed me to some people in a forum that's pirating/cracking corona, didn't they see any something good in this mini growing company, f**k them all!. really appreciate too to adam for wise decision and words in there. God bless you all corona team.
Yeah i heard about that too and i'm really worried about that. Hope that team will develop a better protection system because "online" activation is very weak.

2015-08-07, 10:53:22
Reply #340

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Yeah i heard about that too and i'm really worried about that. Hope that team will develop a better protection system because "online" activation is very weak.

It sucks and it's not right... but if you look at chaosgroup.. they have really sophisticated protection, including a dongle license etc... but even for them it's just a matter of time and their latest version is out and about too. I don't think there is any real way to prevent this from happening, other than providing other services you can only access with a paid account.  Corona is so cheap I don't understand why anyone would bother not buying it, but that's not how the internet works. 

2015-08-07, 12:00:00
Reply #341

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

It sucks and it's not right... but if you look at chaosgroup.. they have really sophisticated protection, including a dongle license etc... but even for them it's just a matter of time and their latest version is out and about too. I don't think there is any real way to prevent this from happening, other than providing other services you can only access with a paid account.  Corona is so cheap I don't understand why anyone would bother not buying it, but that's not how the internet works.
about cheapness price, I think in my country "Indonesia" that has very2 low wage average (2.500.000 IDR/month = 168.938679 EUR) will never call corona a "cheap software". but yes it is very cheap in Europe eyeside.

to on-topic now:
maybe it would be convenient for material setting & testing if corona layered material has checkboxes on each layered material. checkbox is useful for me, although in another material/ texmap like I reported longtime ago.

2015-08-07, 13:32:24
Reply #342

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I more or less disagree, it's not cheap, it's affordable, wich is different, cheap would be 150€/license, the current price is affordable IMHO (but let me remind that we, box owners, are worse treated than fairSaaS clients... that is not cool :P )

Anyway, the price in europe is fair IMO :)

And regadring piracy, I don't think a more sophisticated protection system will solve anything, Corona is in a price that who wants to be legal and support the team will do it, who don't want to, won't do it, no matter what you offer them, and everything will get eventually pirated, the only way to become unpirated is not being interesting.
I don't think investing more in the protection system will deliver any additional protection.

On other topic, what do you think about my suggestion for DB/SR Ondra?
That could make easier for people to test DB''s (or HB's XD )

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-07, 14:15:11 by juang3d »

2015-08-07, 13:42:26
Reply #343

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
About CoronaLayeredMtl:
Currently, the Amount is only working when not using maps. When I want to tune down the effect of the layer AND also use a mask, it's not doing anything. The Amount should imho work as an absolute multiplier for both.

And btw, I also would appreciate a checkbox for the mask slot. I know, we had these discussions over and over but still, temporarily disabling maps sucks this way - and I do it pretty often.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-08-07, 13:54:46
Reply #344

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And regadring piracy, I don't think a more sophisticated protection system will solve anything, Corona is in a price that who wants to be legal and support the team will do it, who don't want to, won't do it, no matter what you offer them, and everything will get eventually pirated, the only way to become unpirated is not being interesting.
I don't think investing more in the protection system will deliver any additional protection.
True, mine was just a "brain storming" to bring the focus on the fact that Corona has already been cracked. Just that.